Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todays Game

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I agree with most of the comments - plenty of effort in defence , no ideas on attack - cannot understand why we had a flat line when attacking - apart from waiting for the ubiquitous kick into the in goal area. Workington looked better organised and were worth the win - I too was sorry not see players we have signed on the pitch rather than so many of the DR players............but that is not say the Warrington lads did not put a lot of effort in, because they did. It is going to be a long hard season...............:(

#22 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

It is going to be a long hard season............... :(

So Swinton have retained some of their "identity" after all ;)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#23 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I wonder how many we're praying for us to lose today...urn.. I really enjoyed the game. Smith was outstanding when on the field and we looked dangerous when he was on.bags of effort and sure things will improve..travelled a long way with my kids and father but worth the money as always. Crowd 601 which was disappointing as Town brought plenty.mentipn of Agecroft in the programme..onwards and upwards

Can you tell us what was in the mention of Agecroft?

Thanks!
Posted Image

#24 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Th mention of Agecroft in the programme has been overlooked by most due to well its there for you to see.
To quote our chairman "it is with regret and to my annoyance we still await the final go ahead for the agecroft project which leaves us having to take advantage of the superb facilities at lsv.....
let us hope that 2013 is the year we finally get to use our own facilities"

#25 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Th mention of Agecroft in the programme has been overlooked by most due to well its there for you to see.
To quote our chairman "it is with regret and to my annoyance we still await the final go ahead for the agecroft project which leaves us having to take advantage of the superb facilities at lsv.....
let us hope that 2013 is the year we finally get to use our own facilities"

Thanks Mark.
Posted Image

#26 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

I doubt this snippet of useful information will garner 100+ replies.......

#27 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I doubt this snippet of useful information will garner 100+ replies.......

No.1 from me Mark. It is not a negative!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#28 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

And me Mark who sees it as a positive
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#29 Tess

Tess
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

I wasn't at the match but the score didn't surprise me!
It seems after just one match we are already becoming a laughing stock.
After each match we lose we are going to be subject to 'Warrington' jibes from opposing supporters like this weekend. We have to sort it out or it's going to be a long, hard, embarrassing season!
It's not too long ago since we were Champions! Seems an age ago!
Posted ImageScorecast Champion 2005!!

Come on You Lions!!

#30 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

We've suffered vibes for 20+ years. Water off a ducks back. They had stopped soon after kick off anyway.
The fact is, yes we did lack penetration in attack but we looked more organised, moved generally quicker with the ball and a lot fitter than Town, and could easily have scored in the last 10 mins. We've been beaten by far more in the opening game in the past!

We will get better and when we start winning a lot of these posts will be embarrassing to read back!

#31 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

We've suffered vibes for 20+ years. Water off a ducks back. They had stopped soon after kick off anyway.
The fact is, yes we did lack penetration in attack but we looked more organised, moved generally quicker with the ball and a lot fitter than Town, and could easily have scored in the last 10 mins. We've been beaten by far more in the opening game in the past!

We will get better and when we start winning a lot of these posts will be embarrassing to read back!

Yet again something i agree on, they didnt deserve to be winning on the half time hooter and second half when they were admittidly the better team we won 4-2. Could have gone either way

#32 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

The only real difference was the fact that Town's defence was better than ours when it needed to be. As per Spelly's comments, we should probably have kicked for goal when we got two kickable pens in the first half.

#33 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Can't agree entirely that we looked organised.

Personally I thought at some points we looked the opposite. I will accept that during the game we did have some fluidity about us and that will get better, but the introduction of six player clearly affected the team.

I am looking forward to seeing how they fair on Sunday.

#34 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I love the fact that people hate us. id happily sing Warrington songs when winning. balls to the lot of em. its our club but we dont run it. people can follow or not. no skin off my nose.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#35 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Something I find a little strange is that just a week or so ago people were saying the Mills shouldn't have been signed on for another season and Holland would not make the grade, yet now they should be playing every week! Not a great lover of either tbh but I cheered them on just the same in a blue shirt.
Just watched Boots n All and, although they did briefly mention that Wood played for us at weekend there was no mention of one of the hottest topics in RL at the moment. Strange that! ;-)

#36 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Something I find a little strange is that just a week or so ago people were saying the Mills shouldn't have been signed on for another season and Holland would not make the grade, yet now they should be playing every week! Not a great lover of either tbh but I cheered them on just the same in a blue shirt.
Just watched Boots n All and, although they did briefly mention that Wood played for us at weekend there was no mention of one of the hottest topics in RL at the moment. Strange that! ;-)

I have my doubts over weather mills and holland can do a job as front line props or are better coming off the bench my issue is the club decided that mills and holland could do a job for them so its only fair they give them a chance

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

im sorry but if any of you think that swinton were better than town in any aspect then you were watching a different game. as for fitter????? i dont think so.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#38 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

im sorry but if any of you think that swinton were better than town in any aspect then you were watching a different game. as for fitter????? i dont think so.

2 very average teams who will find it a tough season, workington just shaded it for me, but only just

#39 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

It was 14-10 matey. What game were you watching?! You scored 2 more goals than us. It was the first game of the season so fitness wasn't brilliant from either side.

I don't think any Lions fan has said, that we were robbed. Town deserved the win but there wasn't that much difference between the two teams and I'll be surprised if the table says different come the end of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users