Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your top 3 performers versus Leigh

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Mustafa

Mustafa
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Briggsy was biggest plus for me today back to his best !!!

#22 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

As an opposing fan, it would be hard to pick three out of what was a very impressive team performance. I thought you would miss Stuart Dickens, who has been the mainstay of your pack, but there was a lot of power and mobility up front. We were comprehensively outplayed and, admittedly only on the evidence of one game, the gap has widened since last season.

One other thing I would like to comment on, was the 'buzz' all around POR on Sunday, from outside the ground, to the concourse area, to the terracing and of course, on the pitch. Congratulations on that - wish you could bottle it and sell some to us!

As for us, I hope we are saving it for the play-offs - like Leeds, or Sheffield! ;)

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

As an opposing fan, it would be hard to pick three out of what was a very impressive team performance. I thought you would miss Stuart Dickens, who has been the mainstay of your pack, but there was a lot of power and mobility up front. We were comprehensively outplayed and, admittedly only on the evidence of one game, the gap has widened since last season.

One other thing I would like to comment on, was the 'buzz' all around POR on Sunday, from outside the ground, to the concourse area, to the terracing and of course, on the pitch. Congratulations on that - wish you could bottle it and sell some to us!

As for us, I hope we are saving it for the play-offs - like Leeds, or Sheffield! ;)

it's a long season, plenty of twists and turns yet.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Great start to the season...

1 - Ellis. Love his quick dummy half work
2 - Hodson. Great debut
3 - Crossley. Ditto

A bit disapointed with Leigh to be honest, butits only early days I suppose.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#25 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Nice to see Mr Ellis getting some decent raps here, but as an ex-Barrow player he is going to get 80 minutes of "dog" off me a week on Sunday :). I'll be ringing him right through the night on Saturday/Sunday just to make certain he doesn't get any sleep and then I will abuse him something terrible at the match :).

On a serious note my lot are going for a meal with him after the match so looking forward to that. Can't remember where his taking us now but as long as they do chips I'll be happy ;). I must speak to him and do a deal - if Barrow win I will pay but if Fev pull off a shock then he must foot the bill !!

Posted Image

#26 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

He's making a massive impact for me keith. Nice lad too. Dry bug ger isn't he??? :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#27 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

He's making a massive impact for me keith. Nice lad too. Dry bug ger isn't he??? :lol:

He is a top, top signing for you Robin.

I'll see you a week on Sunday mate for a catch-up.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users