Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Rea out!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Not just based on todays game, I said at the time he was rehired that it was a mistake and quite presumptuous on the back of 4 or 5 wins to assume that he would have any type of long term impact. More important than that is what did he ever achieve in his previous tenure to warrant such praise? Did he win trophies? Challenge for honours? Why do people suggest that Tony Rea is gonna have this great impact? When Powell left it was a chance to wipe the slate clean and change the culture of the club like Michael Maguire did when Wigan hired him, its only one game in but i dont have much hope for the season ahead.......another major decision that management got wrong.

#2 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not just based on todays game, I said at the time he was rehired that it was a mistake and quite presumptuous on the back of 4 or 5 wins to assume that he would have any type of long term impact. More important than that is what did he ever achieve in his previous tenure to warrant such praise? Did he win trophies? Challenge for honours? Why do people suggest that Tony Rea is gonna have this great impact? When Powell left it was a chance to wipe the slate clean and change the culture of the club like Michael Maguire did when Wigan hired him, its only one game in but i dont have much hope for the season ahead.......another major decision that management got wrong.

And who said that London fans would never be in tune with the full ethos of being an RL fan?

LUNEW.jpg

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

lol

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,071 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

And who said that London fans would never be in tune with the full ethos of being an RL fan?

'kin brilliant. :lol:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#5 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Didn't think they palyed too badly myself - yes, there were 3 or 4 times when it looked like we failed to ground the ball over the line for one reason or another but hardly Rea's fault for that.

He does need to tighten up the tackling in our own 20 - every time Widnes came down that end they scored a try.....

Widnes away shirts out!! has there ever been a more garish strip :)

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,353 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

This thread's title has made it onto the @RLMeltdown Twitter account.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

This thread's title has made it onto the @RLMeltdown Twitter account.

Beat me to it.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#8 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Bump.

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

See the thread on Bobby Goulding. He's looking to get back into coaching.

#10 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Dont you mean London out.Less than 2,000 there yesterday its got to be time to pull the plug.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

just when you thought you had seen the most ridiculous thread on this forum, this one comes along..........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users