Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Rea out!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Not just based on todays game, I said at the time he was rehired that it was a mistake and quite presumptuous on the back of 4 or 5 wins to assume that he would have any type of long term impact. More important than that is what did he ever achieve in his previous tenure to warrant such praise? Did he win trophies? Challenge for honours? Why do people suggest that Tony Rea is gonna have this great impact? When Powell left it was a chance to wipe the slate clean and change the culture of the club like Michael Maguire did when Wigan hired him, its only one game in but i dont have much hope for the season ahead.......another major decision that management got wrong.

#2 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not just based on todays game, I said at the time he was rehired that it was a mistake and quite presumptuous on the back of 4 or 5 wins to assume that he would have any type of long term impact. More important than that is what did he ever achieve in his previous tenure to warrant such praise? Did he win trophies? Challenge for honours? Why do people suggest that Tony Rea is gonna have this great impact? When Powell left it was a chance to wipe the slate clean and change the culture of the club like Michael Maguire did when Wigan hired him, its only one game in but i dont have much hope for the season ahead.......another major decision that management got wrong.

And who said that London fans would never be in tune with the full ethos of being an RL fan?

LUNEW.jpg

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

lol

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,953 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

And who said that London fans would never be in tune with the full ethos of being an RL fan?

'kin brilliant. :lol:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#5 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Didn't think they palyed too badly myself - yes, there were 3 or 4 times when it looked like we failed to ground the ball over the line for one reason or another but hardly Rea's fault for that.

He does need to tighten up the tackling in our own 20 - every time Widnes came down that end they scored a try.....

Widnes away shirts out!! has there ever been a more garish strip :)

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,875 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

This thread's title has made it onto the @RLMeltdown Twitter account.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

This thread's title has made it onto the @RLMeltdown Twitter account.

Beat me to it.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#8 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Bump.

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

See the thread on Bobby Goulding. He's looking to get back into coaching.

#10 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Dont you mean London out.Less than 2,000 there yesterday its got to be time to pull the plug.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

just when you thought you had seen the most ridiculous thread on this forum, this one comes along..........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users