Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RIP SWINTON LIONS

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well said Alan
To me most of the criticism has been nothing short of sensationalist.

#42 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

The Lions had 12 new faces in their 17-man line-up and coach McCormack said: “Obviously you need to play football together but having new faces in the side is no reason for last week’s defeat.
“The new faces are all good players and I would never use that as an excuse – that we are not gelling and we need more time – but obviously as the season goes on we’ll get better.”
McCormack hopes the three dual-reg players from Warrington – Paul Wood, James Laithwaite and Tyrone McCarthy – will be available this week.
“They have all been great in the dressing room,” he said.
“Paul Wood trained with us all last week and his attitude was first class along with Tyrone McCarthy and James Laithwaite.
“It was their first taste of Championship rugby against Workington and they went away realising just how difficult this division is.
“Their effort was superb and if we get them back I am sure they will improve individually and they will make an even bigger impact on the team.”
Does that sound like the words of a coach who doesn't buy into this concept.
If it's good enough for Steve McCormack then it's good enough for me.

he's a puppet reading from a script
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#43 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Steve McCormack is the Coach not a fan ,there's a big difference how he will view the situation.

#44 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

he's a puppet reading from a script

Let me tell you fella Steve McCormack is nobody's puppet and that comment is disrespectful and typical of some who post on here.

#45 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Steve McCormack is the Coach not a fan ,there's a big difference how he will view the situation.

Yawn
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#46 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well said Alan
To me most of the criticism has been nothing short of sensationalist.

. Not sure about sensational,all I know is that this fan of thirty five years standing has spent the last few days in turmoil over the shenanigans of the last week or so and unfortunately I cannot bring myself to follow the club anymore.

#47 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

So youve said
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#48 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Paul Wood is in the wire squad for fridays game v wigan so who will play sunday P Wood, A N other or mills/holland this is the downside to the dr system

#49 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

some knights fans can't wait till wednesday to find out the hull squad to see who's available to play. it's a joke
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#50 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

. Not sure about sensational,all I know is that this fan of thirty five years standing has spent the last few days in turmoil over the shenanigans of the last week or so and unfortunately I cannot bring myself to follow the club anymore.

Dave don't get paranoid
I sort of get it with you
The bile of town snd fev fans hss been sickening
I just dont get that
Now York fans are at it

It is sensationalist and not only childish bur hypocritical

#51 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I honestly think it's something that will carry on all season especially if the team is winning.

#52 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I honestly think it's something that will carry on all season especially if the team is winning.

That's true
Im going to try and ignore it
Spent far too much time on here recently

#53 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Could be worse Mark,you could be on Facebook all day like Alan Marshall.Seriously though looking at the other forums the Dual Reg debate is going to continue all season.Hunslet have included Kylie Leuleuai and Richard Moore from Leeds in their squad to face Leigh on Sunday.

#54 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Erm, for Duffymoon to possibly know that I am on Facebook all day, then so must he.lol.

#55 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Paul Wood is in the wire squad for fridays game v wigan so who will play sunday P Wood, A N other or mills/holland this is the downside to the dr system

I think he was in last weekends Wire squad as well Tony. As for who'll start, it could be anyone if I'm honest. I'd like to see Mills and Holland I think. Jack Morrison should definitely be involved, he looks quality.

#56 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I think he was in last weekends Wire squad as well Tony. As for who'll start, it could be anyone if I'm honest. I'd like to see Mills and Holland I think. Jack Morrison should definitely be involved, he looks quality.

And i think that comment " it could be anyone " is where 1 of the problems of dr lies

#57 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

And i think that comment " it could be anyone " is where 1 of the problems of dr lies

We could have said the same last year Tony, although I know you weren't happy with the DR setup then either.

#58 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

We could have said the same last year Tony, although I know you weren't happy with the DR setup then either.

Never have been a fan of dr system, even less this season as the rfl have moved the goal post again.Last yr champ players only had fringe players of sl clubs to compete with this season they are up against established sl players. What will the rfl bring in next season ?, its all pointing to a feeder club system in my opinion, really hope im wrong though

#59 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Aussie rugby is awesome

"Awesome" is it? Perhaps it's so "awesome" because of what is only now emerging from the sporting community down under.
Click on the link below from the BBC's website.

http:// www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21363100

If

#60 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thats shocking mr blue monkey I agree