Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RIP SWINTON LIONS

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#101 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

The question that should be asked is what happens to swinton if/when warrington recall "their" players due to injurys etc.

#102 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Why keep asking questions?...Tell us what you think before leading us into the answer you dont want to hear

#103 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Mark the keyboard warriors dont want to hear that they are wrong. they want to spout their vitriol until everyone agrees with them. facts count for nothing when you can try and slag off the team you're supposed to support.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#104 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

The question that should be asked is what happens to swinton if/when warrington recall "their" players due to injurys etc.

Julian - they can't recall any of these 6 lads, they are on contract with Swinton for 12 months - the DR system will continue as normal

#105 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Look lets just again remind juliancaine we have ACTUALLY sighed the following from Warrington on contract and not dual registration and that they our players.
Morrison.
Mendeika
Burke.
Shaw.
Ormsby.
Riley.

#106 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sadly Julian just wants to spout any old rubbish he thinks people will listen to,after all he is one who wanted to report his club to the RL for wrong doing.

#107 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

As I understand it they can be loaned out to any team for a period of no longer than a month .

#108 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

On our last legs?! We're 8th in the Championship, isn't that our highest league position for 15 years?! Every cloud...

#109 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

http://www.thisische...ir_Swinton_bow/

http://www.therfl.co...ation-timelines rfl trying to justify the laughable dr system WHAT A JOKE.

Edited by juliancaine, 10 February 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#110 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Yet another posting telling us what we already know. Now can you point out where "your club" has broken any rules.
This may prove a little difficult for you so feel free to take an extremely long time to post your reply.

#111 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

they havent "broken" any rules just isnt in the spirit the rules were intended for.

#112 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Since when were rules set along with certain terms in how they are administered.
As usual you look at the best way to attack a club whom you claim to support. Very strange.

#113 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

they havent "broken" any rules just isnt in the spirit the rules were intended for.

What is this 'spiriit' you refer to - this is professional rugby league - teams go out to try and win within the rules

#114 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Is this nonsense still going on. im at a loss to how pathetic people are becoming over this. if you're struggling let me spell it out for you...

WE ARE PLAYING WITHIN THE RULES. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR HARD EARNT MONEY ELSEWHERE!

or alternatively feel free to come up with a set of different rule for the new rugby league utopia where everyone has a level playing field and life is fair.

so in conclusion either support Swinton or bore off elsewhere.

I thank you!

Posted Image

#115 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Oh and when you have come up with your new rules please file them in the bin as the rfl dont give two hoots about what you think. a bit like everyone else connected with the higher echelons of RL.

Posted Image

#116 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh and when you have come up with your new rules please file them in the bin as the rfl dont give two hoots about what you think. a bit like everyone else connected with the higher echelons of RL.

I personally don't give two hoots what you or the rfl think, i'm entitled to my opinion and unless the rfl change the dr system asap rugby in the championship will wither away as whom wants to watch a team that's made up of sl fringe players changing every week even daryl powell of featherstone has spoken out against it. The only reason the current system has been brought in is to save the superleague clubs money because they didn't want to fund an under 23's league.

#117 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 821 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

i THINK ITS VERY STRANGE PEOPLE COMING ON HERE TALKING ABOUT THE RULES AND PLAYING WITHIN THEM WHEN NOT LONG AGO IT WAS MPS ON THE FIDEL WITH THERE EXPENSES AND THEY SAID IT WAS IN THE RULES BUT WE ALL NEW IT WAS NOT RIGHT.

#118 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Well put abu but i'd use lower case letters next time. ;)

#119 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'm going to repost the response from the RL that was posted by Eleclecticsheep a few days ago.

FAO Mr Ralph Rimmer,

Please will you scrutinise the current Dual Registration situation as I suspect there has been unfair (and not in the spirit of the game) registrations (as players of Swinton Lions) of at least five Warrington Wolves Players, one who has only been signed on a three year contract a few months ago by Warrington Wolves, The Swinton Lions also played another Three Dual Registered players in their first game against Workington.

It would appear that the DR scenario is being ruthlessly and knowingly flaunted by clubs already and is bringing the Game (in NL) into disrepute to the dismay of many fans, (myself included).

Here is the reply

Dear Brian

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the Swinton and Warrington partnership however all activity, which has been fully disclosed by the clubs to, is within the current regulations. As with all regulations the RFL will monitor, review and, if necessary, adapt things moving forward. With the RFL concentrating on four strands of the sport i.e. international, full time, semi-professional and community, a constant consideration is how a change to one will affect the other. At all times we wish to find the right balance on these matters and clearly want to have thriving clubs and competitions.

Picking up on your specific point I can confirm six Warrington players have recently transferred to Swinton, all of whom were ineligible to play in this season’s U19s competition due to being in the U21 and U20 age categories. Having taken the view point they were not going to play many, if any, games in the first team in 2013 all six players have agreed to the transfer arrangements and their new employment contract with Swinton Lions RLFC. These players are now not registered or contracted with Warrington Wolves and therefore do not count towards the regulation regarding only allowing 5 loan and/or dual registered players in any matchday 17.

The 6 players in question are:
· J Morrison
· J Mendeika
· J Burke
· R Shaw
· G Ormsby
· G Riley

I can confirm none of these players had a contract with Warrington until the end of 2015, as annual extension clauses which are in favour of the club do not guarantee the player employment. Using an example, if the contract is for 1 year with annual options in the clubs favour to extend this on an annual basis for a further 2 years; it could be viewed as a 3 year deal when it is actually a 1 year deal with 2 years of options. Many contracts for young players are put in this way and if the player in the example contract was underperforming then it would be likely the club would not take up the option and player would be without a contract after 12 months.

The players permission is essential in all of this and shouldn’t be forgotten. Even if a club wants a player (back or otherwise) it is still the decision of the player to sign the playing contract put forward. With this in mind, even if Warrington wanted to resign one of these players at the end of the Swinton contract, the player is free to refuse this and sign with another club.

11 of the 13 British Super League clubs have a formal partnership with 14 clubs in the Championships in 2013. Having a good majority of clubs involved in such partnership arrangements shows the regulation is meeting a need within the clubs, both Super League and Championships. If there to be any regulation changes in the sport these will be made at the end of 2013.

I hope this response helps in some way and I will ensure my colleague Ralph Rimmer is across this correspondence.

Kind Regards

Chris Thair
Salary Cap and Licencing Manager

Let's look again at the key sentence:

"Thank you for your correspondence regarding the Swinton and Warrington partnership however all activity, which has been fully disclosed by the clubs to, is within the current regulations."

Until the RL says something different, END of STORY.

(Deliberate use of caps!)

Posted Image

#120 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

It won't stop...it's a recurring nightmare USA.. Redskins did a bit better btw
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users