Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RIP SWINTON LIONS

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#121 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

It won't stop...it's a recurring nightmare USA.. Redskins did a bit better btw

Yes they did! My Pats under performed at the end, as usual! There's always next season!
Posted Image

#122 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I know... Thought it was going to be yr year... Faith in RG3 for next year..When are u coming home
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#123 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I know... Thought it was going to be yr year... Faith in RG3 for next year..When are u coming home

I think we both suffered from injuries at the end. Obviously RG3 was hurt and we lost Gronk, both key players.... Excuses, excuses!

I'm hoping to be over in August. My mother will be 100 the week of the York City home match. Keeping my fingers crossed! Maybe I'll bring her along! She was a big fan years ago.

I was also thinking of coming over for the 50th Anniversary dinner too, but the closest match is Sheffield away the night before. Makes it a logistical nightmare.
Posted Image

#124 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well I ll buy you a pint when yr over..look forward to the Skins v the Pats at Wembley maybe one day.. Yr mum may well be our oldest fan :-)
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#125 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Well I ll buy you a pint when yr over..look forward to the Skins v the Pats at Wembley maybe one day.. Yr mum may well be our oldest fan :-)

Looking forward to it!
Posted Image

#126 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

...ON THE FIDEL

What's Castro and the Cubans got to do with it eh?

#127 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

What's Castro and the Cubans got to do with it eh?

Someone's Havana laugh yes?

#128 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

It won't stop...it's a recurring nightmare USA.. Redskins did a bit better btw

. Found this on the Warrington forum.....cumbrianwolf↓
Re: Wire Youngsters have Signed Contracts with Swinton
Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm
The majority of the youngsters in question are still "Warrington players" and are on a season long loan with Swinton, they still train full time with Warrington and train additionally with Swinton in the evenings.

#129 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

. Found this on the Warrington forum.....cumbrianwolf↓
Re: Wire Youngsters have Signed Contracts with Swinton
Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm
The majority of the youngsters in question are still "Warrington players" and are on a season long loan with Swinton, they still train full time with Warrington and train additionally with Swinton in the evenings.

It just shows you that dr needs changing asap otherwise swinton lions identity will be watered down still further. Might as well let tony smith pick our team for sunday.

#130 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

It just shows you that dr needs changing asap otherwise swinton lions identity will be watered down still further. Might as well let tony smith pick our team for sunday.

. It could just be rumours but while they exist the controversy will continue.

#131 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

All because the superleague clubs didnt want to run an under 23's competition, they are not bothered that it's going to ruin the championship as we know it and turn it into a gloryfied superleague a team competition.

#132 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

im afraid to say he all but is,he his certainly stating which Warrington players he wants to be playing and which position to play in,on a match by match basis,that doesn't leave much say for Steve McCormack .

#133 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

?? cannot understand why you keep confusing the DR system with these lads signing for us

#134 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Because he doesn't want to?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#135 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

?? cannot understand why you keep confusing the DR system with these lads signing for us

because these players are under the control of Warrington not swinton,who do you think are paying there wages.certainly not mr Kidd.

#136 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Julian you seem to have so many negative things to say about our club, such a shame in my opinion

#137 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

because these players are under the control of Warrington not swinton,who do you think are paying there wages.certainly not mr Kidd.

You obviously know more than I do???

#138 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

So we all are supposed to believe that guys who call themselves Cumbrianwolf and Ranger12 are more credible sources than the RL itself? Julian?
Posted Image

#139 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Warrington wanted Paul Wood to again play for us, they were told that in order to be considered he would have to train with us all week with no inclusion in the Warrington squad. He didn't and wasn't selected as a dual reg as you would have found out had you come to support your team.
That statement was told to me first hand by Swinton's assistant coach.
I suggest you stop this ridiculous crusade of trying to muck stir against the club that many on here truely do support.

#140 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

i think , like us (york) are been told what you want to hear
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users