RIP SWINTON LIONS

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#141 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sweet Jesus people, Its killing the game already and its only 2 matches into the season, I personally know an absolute shed loads of fans who simply refuse now to travel away and put money into feeder clubs pockets, thats just away fans, then you have your own fans who are deciding to walk. ou certainly are not making up for them with warrington supporters and the same goes for other dual registered clubs. Less money and dwindleing fans. even less to look forward to. I Sincerely hope that 2 clubs who are dual registered and i dont really care who are relegated to the league of death, that will see then end of DR as we know it with these SL clubs as it would be so difficult to stay afloat in there and lessons might get learnt.

I understand why clubs are desperate to try and stay in this league but come the end of the year it will be clear to see what a absolute mockery it is when there is a massive scramble to avoid the drop with 5 dual registered players playing game in game out and in your case a further 6 year long loanees.

#142 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

We love advice from Fax fans. Their club are a shining beacon of the moral running of a rugby club. Cap in hand not so very long ago. For the umpteenth time.
We have played one home game....so you have no basis on which to make your statements. They might be right. No one knows yet. More opinion presented as fact.
I have no problem with other opinions I just question your motivation for such bad wishes.

#143 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sweet Jesus people, Its killing the game already and its only 2 matches into the season, I personally know an absolute shed loads of fans who simply refuse now to travel away and put money into feeder clubs pockets, thats just away fans, then you have your own fans who are deciding to walk. ou certainly are not making up for them with warrington supporters and the same goes for other dual registered clubs. Less money and dwindleing fans. even less to look forward to. I Sincerely hope that 2 clubs who are dual registered and i dont really care who are relegated to the league of death, that will see then end of DR as we know it with these SL clubs as it would be so difficult to stay afloat in there and lessons might get learnt.

I understand why clubs are desperate to try and stay in this league but come the end of the year it will be clear to see what a absolute mockery it is when there is a massive scramble to avoid the drop with 5 dual registered players playing game in game out and in your case a further 6 year long loanees.

Its not often I agree with a halifax fan but on this occasion ackropj I do.

Edited by juliancaine, 12 February 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#144 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

playing devils advocate a bit here but hear me out

A young lad comes from a SL team at 19 he signs for a champ club for a couple of years and by the time he's 21/22 hes a world beater - I tell you this will happen its not a pipe dream. The champ club then sell him for a decent fee back to SL

This will happen more and more over the next few years as long as the Champ club do there homework as the talent which is being let go at the moment is ridiculous. The champ clubs just need to be realistic and make anyone who comes into the club abide by the same rules as the lads who are already there. I.E training the same etc etc

#145 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

A young lad comes from a SL team at 19 he signs for a champ club for a couple of years and by the time he's 21/22 hes a world beater - I tell you this will happen its not a pipe dream. The champ club then sell him for a decent fee back to SL

This will happen more and more over the next few years as long as the Champ club do there homework as the talent which is being let go at the moment is ridiculous. The champ clubs just need to be realistic and make anyone who comes into the club abide by the same rules as the lads who are already there. I.E training the same etc etc

You maybe right about everything except the part about a fee. There should be some rule where under contract or not a Super League team taking a player under a certain age (24?) from a Championship club must pay compensation agreed between the two clubs or if an agreement cannot be made, then by a tribunal like they do in football.

Posted Image

#146 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

You maybe right about everything except the part about a fee. There should be some rule where under contract or not a Super League team taking a player under a certain age (24?) from a Championship club must pay compensation agreed between the two clubs or if an agreement cannot be made, then by a tribunal like they do in football.

I would agree PaulT , thats where they are missing a trick . I know DR is sending everyone mindless at the moment BUT give it a chance it will even out . There will be more young lads at the age of 16-19 wanting to join champs clubs straight from amateur -the prospect of regular rugby at a higher level than academy rugby with SL teams will become attractive , in an environment where they can learn from seasoned pros that have seen the hard side of rugby league is not a bad learning base. The money side of things doesnt matter I can assure you off that they are paid buttons anyway and one appearance money and win bonus in the champ equals two/three weeks wages of most SL academy players anyway.If the champ clubs use there head they could end up with a very good standard of player for a fraction of what there worth and then make money out of any future signings. Just a different slant on the current situation, my lads currently playing champ rugby on duel reg and hes never been as happy (even though its costing me a small fortune running him about ). I asked him yesterday how hes finding it and he even said if he got a deal for next year with a champ club he would even consider leaving his last year in uni !!!

#147 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Is there enough money in the game for transfer fees?

#148 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Maybe not at the moment but I can see a time when players wages at the top level will even out well below there current limit leaving money left for transfers.

#149 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I would agree PaulT , thats where they are missing a trick . I know DR is sending everyone mindless at the moment BUT give it a chance it will even out . There will be more young lads at the age of 16-19 wanting to join champs clubs straight from amateur -the prospect of regular rugby at a higher level than academy rugby with SL teams will become attractive , in an environment where they can learn from seasoned pros that have seen the hard side of rugby league is not a bad learning base. The money side of things doesnt matter I can assure you off that they are paid buttons anyway and one appearance money and win bonus in the champ equals two/three weeks wages of most SL academy players anyway.If the champ clubs use there head they could end up with a very good standard of player for a fraction of what there worth and then make money out of any future signings. Just a different slant on the current situation, my lads currently playing champ rugby on duel reg and hes never been as happy (even though its costing me a small fortune running him about ). I asked him yesterday how hes finding it and he even said if he got a deal for next year with a champ club he would even consider leaving his last year in uni !!!

Ive been telling people that the lads from super league academies aren't on the mega bucks for a while
No one has listened because it doesn't suit their argument
Nice to hear it from one who knows.
Good point well made.

#150 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

From what I hear you play at Leigh sports village. How much is it to watch you?
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#151 LionessTaz

LionessTaz
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

From what I hear you play at Leigh sports village. How much is it to watch you?

On the day Adults are £15 Concessionary £10 and Kids £5

#152 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

No need to pay them. Just wait till the player's out of contract and sign him for nothing.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#153 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

No need to pay them. Just wait till the player's out of contract and sign him for nothing.

Thats what i would have thought.
Or a friendly gets arranged against the sl club reserves to try and bring in some money.

#154 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

People continue to say about the 6 signings from Warrington ie not the DC players, that they are no longer Warrington players. Well despite the published letter from Ralph Rimmer, Warringtons own local paper in a report on Ben Curries debut for you talks about the 6 as 'Warrington players on season long signings' so come on who do they REALLY belong to, lets have some transparency. At least two of them signed new contracts in December.

Even though this has not done you any good to date, it is still underhand and an abuse of the system. Maybe your defeats are all as a result of disquiet amongst the genuine Swinton players (I know theres not actually many of them) who are peed off at not getting games.

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#155 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

People continue to say about the 6 signings from Warrington ie not the DC players, that they are no longer Warrington players. Well despite the published letter from Ralph Rimmer, Warringtons own local paper in a report on Ben Curries debut for you talks about the 6 as 'Warrington players on season long signings' so come on who do they REALLY belong to, lets have some transparency. At least two of them signed new contracts in December.

Even though this has not done you any good to date, it is still underhand and an abuse of the system. Maybe your defeats are all as a result of disquiet amongst the genuine Swinton players (I know theres not actually many of them) who are peed off at not getting games.

Its not underhand
You don't like it
Thats fine.

#156 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yawn.!!!! From the words of the Wham song " wake me up before you go go".

#157 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

we all know you dont like Swinton. we really dont care.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#158 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

So it's believe the RFL or the local rag........though choice. And you know what our players are thinking too. Is your real name Kreskin?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#159 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

You should have bowed to Salford not Wire,that way selling the soul of the club would have been harder to justify.

We need two full time tens and let the rest partner with the SL clubs to stay alive in a dead league of their own.

RIP a once proud Swinton

#160 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Try again....YAWN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users