Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Starting Again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

It was great that Salford ran out to face Wigan on Friday with no financial nonsense hanging over them. Ok we are miles behind all the others and avoiding the 14th place must be our goal this year - but better things to come at last. As a fan this off season has been absolutely terrible & I would not wish it on any other teams fans.

I want to thank all the fellow RL fans on here who have provided a sensible place to blow off some steam and discuss the situation. Almost everyone has been decent and supportive - a big thanks.

Lets all hope for no more money problems for any RL teams this season ...

Cheers

#2 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I think hoping for no more financial worries is a tad wide of the mar, it's am official RL strategy to get us into the papers !

#3 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Those of us who travelled to watch were very glad Salford survived.
At one time it looked as though Warrington at home was going to be our first game.
Fourteenth should be something to avoid I agree but the bottom line is you will be awarded a licence from 2015 now your club is financially sound.
Just a word about what worried me, the crowd was surely larger that the 5300 or something. Most seem to think it was around the 6500 mark. If that's true then the larger figure should be released. Don't see the point of underscoring your crowds.
Best Wishes for Salford's future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users