Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Attendance

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

After attending the game yesterday i was very dissapointed with the attendance .The club deserve so much more. Kevin and the board , John Kear and the coaching staff have done all they can to put a top Quality team on the field. I take my hat off to them. But the people of Batley well what can you say in their defence ? It was a cold February day but the teams performance warmed up those that bothered to turn up.. I Know the town has a large asian population and there is more chance of a heatwave in February than them turning up to a paying event. They will never come. So as for the rest i dont know what else the club can do. We need a minimum of 1,000 at home games its not a massive figure but the extra 2 to 3 hundred would make such a differance to the clubs finances . On this site i am probably preaching to the true fans but if you are a stay at home for wharever reason ( I know these are difficult times financially)Make the effort come to the home games. You are out there help the club become even better . On a side note well done to the players for a magnificent performance yesterday it augers well for a terrific season of rugby league.

GREAVESY :D :D

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Agree with you 100% Graham, the performance deserved a better attendance. The one thing I would ask is if the club are publicising the matches enough? Should we have more posters out and about in the town? Get into peoples faces that there is a match on.

Also, I think it was asked on here previously, does the SL season ticket holder entry for £5 still operate? If so, is this being publicised on their message boards, in their match programmes, in the Batley News/Press/Yorkshire Post etc? It might only be a fiver gained but it is another person in the ground who may well buy a programme/draw tickets/food and drink. And another body helps give the ground more atmosphere.

#3 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I posted the thread about SL season ticket holder, and it DOES still apply. I bought two Cas fans yesterday, who had an enjoyable day, better that at Warrington, and it cost them £5 each. I agree, this needs to be promoted more..the more the merrier!!

#4 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

After attending the game yesterday i was very dissapointed with the attendance .The club deserve so much more. Kevin and the board , John Kear and the coaching staff have done all they can to put a top Quality team on the field. I take my hat off to them. But the people of Batley well what can you say in their defence ? It was a cold February day but the teams performance warmed up those that bothered to turn up.. I Know the town has a large asian population and there is more chance of a heatwave in February than them turning up to a paying event. They will never come. So as for the rest i dont know what else the club can do. We need a minimum of 1,000 at home games its not a massive figure but the extra 2 to 3 hundred would make such a differance to the clubs finances . On this site i am probably preaching to the true fans but if you are a stay at home for wharever reason ( I know these are difficult times financially)Make the effort come to the home games. You are out there help the club become even better . On a side note well done to the players for a magnificent performance yesterday it augers well for a terrific season of rugby league.

GREAVESY :D :D

Think we are all going to struggle for supporters this year greavesy, financial climate and all that, but I have to agree - what the hell more do the Batley public want from their club. They have a team that is potentially as exciting as any in the division and facilities to back them up, but the response seems as apathetic as that engendered by the bad old days. KN, like MS at times, must wonder why he is bothering.

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I agree you guys deserve more support with the team you have assembled. But I think the main problem is no P&R because a few people I know have said what Is the point when you can't go anywhere etc. Which I do understand if they are not really fans of the club so I guess it is hard to get new fans through the gates with this in place.Also most of the clubs are surrounded by SL clubs so unless you are a die hard supporter of your club you are going to go and watch a so called bigger club I guess.

#6 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

stick with it guys.as a fev fan ive seen it all and now we're having our day in the sun.Dogs have a good team and its a shame folk dont respond .one of fav away days is the MOUNT and you've still got the capper army to visit so all is not lost B)

#7 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

crowd 735, pathetic. People of Batley hang your head in shame.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I agree you guys deserve more support with the team you have assembled. But I think the main problem is no P&R because a few people I know have said what Is the point when you can't go anywhere etc. Which I do understand if they are not really fans of the club so I guess it is hard to get new fans through the gates with this in place.Also most of the clubs are surrounded by SL clubs so unless you are a die hard supporter of your club you are going to go and watch a so called bigger club I guess.

Broken record Gaz. KN has stated on many occasions that Batley wouldn't be interested in being promoted even if it were possible.

Gates were poor before P&R and continue to be so. A whole host of reasons none of which are associated with the excitement or otherwise of promotion.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

I posted the thread about SL season ticket holder, and it DOES still apply. I bought two Cas fans yesterday, who had an enjoyable day, better that at Warrington, and it cost them £5 each. I agree, this needs to be promoted more..the more the merrier!!

Classic typo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Broken record Gaz. KN has stated on many occasions that Batley wouldn't be interested in being promoted even if it were possible.

Gates were poor before P&R and continue to be so. A whole host of reasons none of which are associated with the excitement or otherwise of promotion.

That's not quite right bsj, KN doesn't want promotion yet, cos as a club we aren't ready, but if a superleague div 2 was a possibility, as he states in the boxing day programmers, we want to be in a position, to be considered

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's not quite right bsj, KN doesn't want promotion yet, cos as a club we aren't ready, but if a superleague div 2 was a possibility, as he states in the boxing day programmers, we want to be in a position, to be considered

Isn't that the same as the league you're already in BB?

Anyway this detracts from the original point - I can't believe that any of the Batley faithful believe that the lack of P (but not R) from the league is what is keeping attendances down. It is much more complex, or simple, than that.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Saying that Bat Lad,Cougers only brought 50 if that pal.
Im glad i wrapped up it was bitter afternoon with that wind in your face
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

What do they have to be ashamed about? Not going to a RL match doesn't rank high in the catalogue of shameful acts.

It's been debated many times before but this is about creating a product (yes I know, I hate the expression too, but it's the only one that fits currently) that is attractive to a potential audience in order to get them to come. What your club provides on the pitch is as attractive as it can be; the environment is comfortable, affordable and attractive; hence the fundamental product (i.e. RL) is what isn't attractive to the population of Batley any more. This is nothing to do with race, simply fashion.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

The amount of people i see from Batley at Super League games is unbelieveable, these same people were watching Batley when i used to go and there are a couple of posters on here who ive seen at Headingley and Huddersfield the very same time Batley are playing at home, dont worry, i wont name and shame them. :lol:

#15 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Wonder if the attendance for the Swindon game will be any different?

#16 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

The amount of people i see from Batley at Super League games is unbelieveable, these same people were watching Batley when i used to go and there are a couple of posters on here who ive seen at Headingley and Huddersfield the very same time Batley are playing at home, dont worry, i wont name and shame them. :lol:

Batley home games are mainly on a Sunday.Leeds home games are mostly played Friday.

#17 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

As I have posted before, I used to goto Batley games with a group of around 10-12, only I still go, rest watch Leeds, Bradford or don't watch rugby anymore. Last few years I have been taking my Son but he started Uni this year so will only get home for the odd game. I will get to as many as poss but with holidays and weekends away I will only manage 5-6 games this year. Not sure if anything more can be done to get the gate up anymore.

Edited by wayneg, 06 February 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#18 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Batley home games are mainly on a Sunday.Leeds home games are mostly played Friday.

Youre right, Mainly but not always and both are playing friday night this week. ;)

#19 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

As I have posted before, I used to goto Batley games with a group of around 10-12, all but myself still go, rest watch Leeds, Bradford or don't watch rugby anymore. Last few years I have been taking my Son but he started Uni this year so will only get home for the odd game. I will get to as many as poss but with holidays and weekends away I will only manage 5-6 games this year. Not sure if anything more can be done to get the gate up anymore.

Its really difficult this one, i attend mostly Super League games with the photography but to be 100% honest the game at that level is pretty sterile, i covered a few Championship play off games with Donny, York Barrow etc last season and it was a breath of fresh air, games were 100% competitive until the hooter sounded but most Super League games you know the result before you leave the house.

#20 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

We (Batley) need to shout about it more. I never see any posters or advertising. Letting people know when the games are on. Yes there's always something in the Batley news but more needs to be done.

I attend every game home and away. It's great value for money. It shouldn't be this hard to get numbers up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users