Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

phil joseph

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

like many widnes fans i was extremely skeptical when we gave phil joseph a contract, i remember him most as a stock championship hooker or loose forward and really thought denis had lost the plot by signing him. but i have now watched him play 4 times or widnes after re-inventing himself as a powerhouse prop forward and have to say hand on heart he has been excellent for us. he has never taken a bckward step and has made many good metres, apparently the commentators at yesterdays game were giving him big raps and he thoroughly deserved them. if phil was some aussie journeyman who was making an impact at his new club then people would be raving about him.................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,000 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thought he was unlucky with the timing of his stay at the Bulls and never got a good run together. Good luck to the guy.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

i was talking to mick gledhill about him and mick was gushing in his praise for phil.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#4 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

He was mighty at Oldham a few years ago, and if an opposition player gets his dander up....Carnage!

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Didn't Gledhill tip him for Man of Steel about this time last year?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Didn't Gledhill tip him for Man of Steel about this time last year?

I was just thinking exactly the same thing.

Link

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

First Patrick Ah Van, now Phil Joseph as the new world beater.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I enjoyed reading Mick Gledhill's posts and miss his maniacal love and passion for the game of rugby league. Does he not wish to post on here any longer or is he simply not allowed to? And if it's the latter, what is it that he is supposed to have said that was deemed to be so unconscionable?

#9 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I enjoyed reading Mick Gledhill's posts and miss his maniacal love and passion for the game of rugby league. Does he not wish to post on here any longer or is he simply not allowed to? And if it's the latter, what is it that he is supposed to have said that was deemed to be so unconscionable?

Look, he's a responsible journalist these days and only comes on here when he's looking for scandal..... <_<
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#10 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

He's become a bit of a media "personality" - doing radio commentaries and I believe he mans the Bulls twitter account (which I wish someone would tell him to tone down) and writes some stuff for the website. I think he has - rightly - decided posting on here could put some of this work in jeopardy.

Can't knock the guy's passion, but on a purely selfish level it is much easier to be a Bulls fan on here these days.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

He's become a bit of a media "personality" - doing radio commentaries and I believe he mans the Bulls twitter account (which I wish someone would tell him to tone down) and writes some stuff for the website. I think he has - rightly - decided posting on here could put some of this work in jeopardy.

Can't knock the guy's passion, but on a purely selfish level it is much easier to be a Bulls fan on here these days.

Well I try. But even after 10 years no-one loves me.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I remember he used to start threads on referees rather too frequently... but, other than that, he wrote with such love for the game that, for me at any rate, he made this forum much more vibrant and enjoyable.

I really don't see why he couldn't reconcile his new responsibilities with posting on here again - unless, of course, he's been banned...

#13 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

It makes you wonder how many more there are out there waiting for the chance.

#14 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

It makes you wonder how many more there are out there waiting for the chance.

bulls fans? ;)

#15 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I really don't see why he couldn't reconcile his new responsibilities with posting on here again - unless, of course, he's been banned...

I can, it's because he was incredibly easy to wind up and he probably doesn't trust himself.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#16 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Top player,top bloke gave his all in his two spells at Swinton.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I remember he used to start threads on referees rather too frequently... but, other than that, he wrote with such love for the game that, for me at any rate, he made this forum much more vibrant and enjoyable.

I'm beginning to think maybe he has signed up again...!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Always gave 110% whenever I watched him play for the Lions
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#19 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'm beginning to think maybe he has signed up again...!

He's not me!

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

He's not me!

:D

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users