phil joseph

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Top player,top bloke gave his all in his two spells at Swinton.

Who, Mick?
Posted Image

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Always gave 110% whenever I watched him play for the Lions

Is he dead then?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Phil Joseph was criminally misused by John Sharp at Huddersfield when he first came out of our academy, a very dynamic ball carrier and glad to see he is making an impact at a SL club

#24 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

First Patrick Ah Van, now Phil Joseph as the new world beater.

Ah Van was another player from the Bulls who we were ridiculed for signing, and proved his worth time and time again last season. Don't know anyone who called him a world beater but certainly better than his reputation suggests. Sometimes all you need is a change of club.

#25 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ah Van terrified me at times....at the start of the season, he and Isa used to shoot up out of the line (though not at the same time) leaving massive gaps which would inevitably leak a try.....there was less of that at the latter end of the season and i hope it's been completely sorted now...that said, he was always made good yards with the ball

#26 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Always gave 110% whenever I watched him play for the Lions

Gledhill had him down as never giving less than 110 per cent. Looks like he never gives more than that either. That's true consistency.

#27 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

And while this thread allows us to reminisce about Gledhill, iirc some posters seemed to have a morbid dislike of him. Which could put anyone off.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 05 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#28 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

...that said, he was always made good yards with the ball

And scored some good tries.

#29 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I can, it's because he was incredibly easy to wind up and he probably doesn't trust himself.

Mick went to the Salford game with me last Friday. You've got it about right. He always used to bite and he's decided not to post anymore. If he rejoined the forum, he'd probably bite before too long, so it's best he doesn't. He does lurk, though, and is thoroughly enjoying this thread. :D
I believe he is going to the KC on Friday. I might join him and Rob and Roy, if they are about. (Stress the "might", though. It depends how knackered I feel on Friday.)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

The ghost of Gled liveth forevermore....

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#31 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Rob & I will be going Tony - probable start The 3 John Scotts (as usual!) Let us know if you decide to come ;)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Boooooooo. Come on you Bulls.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

This appears to be turning into a Hull v Bulls match thread.

Anyone notice that John put the threads up on Monday last week?

Where has he been this week?

Ahem.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#34 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Gledhill had him down as never giving less than 110 per cent. Looks like he never gives more than that either. That's true consistency.

lol

#35 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Rob & I will be going Tony - probable start The 3 John Scotts (as usual!) Let us know if you decide to come ;)

Ahem, just you and Rob?! You stop posting for a while and are soon forgotten... ;)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#36 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Ahem, just you and Rob?! You stop posting for a while and are soon forgotten... ;)

One thread about a rock-hard hulking great black bloke and she's straight back posting again.
;) :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#37 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Seriously, Phil now has a really good chance of making the Wales World Cup Squad.

#38 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

There have been some seriously good black Welsh rugby league players, Billy Boston, Clive Sullivan, Anthony Sullivan, Colin Dixon, Johnny Freeman, Gerald Cordle. the skinny winger who played for the Bulls and GB, whose name I can't remember so if he proves a s good as any of those he will be a definite asset to the Welsh team. Going further back forgot the visionary Roy Francis.

#39 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Phil Ford? There was also Frank Wilson.

I'd love us to sign Aled Brew.

#40 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Phil Ford? There was also Frank Wilson.

I'd love us to sign Aled Brew.

Yes, thank you, that's who I was thinking of Phil Ford. there was also Ryan Giggs father who was a pretty decent stand off for Swinton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users