Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

U20's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Heard the u20's had a runout against Mayfield on Saturday, found out too late to get down but apparently they only just got beat 26-22. Is that right? Any details anyone.

Have they got anymore friendly fixtures planned, and could the league fixtures not go on the website. The club putting out an u20's is something that needs celebrating.

http://www.therfl.co...tchday/fixtures

#2 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I heard this to and the Missus spotted a picture of her friends nephew on Facebook of him playing for Hornets, she asked me who he was playing for as it wasnt a Wigan shirt... i gather it was a hastily agreed trial and the Mayfield lads where told to take it fairly easy if possible.
I think Hornets wanted to look at a few lads to see if they can cut it at U20 level.
The lad in question is only 17 but has been on the books at Wigan for a while and is also studying at Hopwood Hall, a decent pedigree, but i am not sure his relationship with Wigan at the moment as he seemed to be doing really, really well...? But i cannot see the pies letting him play for Hornets unless theyve released him.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

spoke to a guy at work today whos son as signed for the U20s who told me it was a hard match and Mayfield took it very seriously if I'd known about it I would have gone up they could have made some money by having a bucket collection to go towards running costs and introduced the team to us the fans
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

a practice match between the first team and the under 20s will be held as part of training on Saturday at8-30 hopwood hall all are welcome to watch
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users