Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sponsorship Idea

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

OK, so it looks like we're not going to have a main competition sponsor this year and if we are, I think it will probably be on the cheap. From what I understand, that's not the biggest problem in the world as the other sponsors are seemingly bringing in a decent wedge.

So, why don't we try to partner with a nationally recognised charity and give them the title sponsorship? The knock on effect would be magnificent in terms of publicity and would potentially bring us to a new audience.

How about The Macmillan Super League or The Help for Heroes Super League? There are a lot of possibilities (although I think it would need to be a nationally recognised charity and not a local one or a RL specific one).

To all intents and purposes it would cost us very little and I think it would go some way to restoring the 'value' of the sponsorship brand ready for next year.
People called Romans they go the house

#2 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Absolutely sounds like a great idea

#3 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

In the absence of a paying sponsor, this would be a brilliant idea. Macmillan would be good. Save the Children? Cancer Research UK might link in with Steve Prescott's work? Muscular Dystrophy would tie in with Joining Jack? Must be a major, national charity, though, to get the publicity instead of the money. (That sounds cynical but isn't meant to be)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#4 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

And the deal will of course involve Super League and clubs giving generously to said charity.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Smashing idea.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

A good idea but I'm not convinced we will go through the season without a sponsor. And even if we do, it is a sign we aren't quite bust yet.

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

And you know all this because........?

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

And you know all this because........?

FACTS
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#9 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

RL sponsorship 5/6 years ago was running at around £ 2.9 Million in total and with the RFL seemingly re-branding the sport to C/D and E demographics this is hardly going to increase by much.

CM

And of that £2.9m, how much was from Carnegie?

#10 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

OK, so it looks like we're not going to have a main competition sponsor this year and if we are, I think it will probably be on the cheap. From what I understand, that's not the biggest problem in the world as the other sponsors are seemingly bringing in a decent wedge.

So, why don't we try to partner with a nationally recognised charity and give them the title sponsorship? The knock on effect would be magnificent in terms of publicity and would potentially bring us to a new audience.

How about The Macmillan Super League or The Help for Heroes Super League? There are a lot of possibilities (although I think it would need to be a nationally recognised charity and not a local one or a RL specific one).

To all intents and purposes it would cost us very little and I think it would go some way to restoring the 'value' of the sponsorship brand ready for next year.

fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#11 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Championship will have a new sponsor today - a 'fizzy and fruity' product apparently

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

And today its Brut £1M, Foxy Bingo £2M Kingsford Press £500K, various other £1M.

I can't back these figures up, but so what?