Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sponsorship Idea

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

OK, so it looks like we're not going to have a main competition sponsor this year and if we are, I think it will probably be on the cheap. From what I understand, that's not the biggest problem in the world as the other sponsors are seemingly bringing in a decent wedge.

So, why don't we try to partner with a nationally recognised charity and give them the title sponsorship? The knock on effect would be magnificent in terms of publicity and would potentially bring us to a new audience.

How about The Macmillan Super League or The Help for Heroes Super League? There are a lot of possibilities (although I think it would need to be a nationally recognised charity and not a local one or a RL specific one).

To all intents and purposes it would cost us very little and I think it would go some way to restoring the 'value' of the sponsorship brand ready for next year.
People called Romans they go the house

#2 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Absolutely sounds like a great idea

#3 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

In the absence of a paying sponsor, this would be a brilliant idea. Macmillan would be good. Save the Children? Cancer Research UK might link in with Steve Prescott's work? Muscular Dystrophy would tie in with Joining Jack? Must be a major, national charity, though, to get the publicity instead of the money. (That sounds cynical but isn't meant to be)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#4 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

And the deal will of course involve Super League and clubs giving generously to said charity.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Smashing idea.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

A good idea but I'm not convinced we will go through the season without a sponsor. And even if we do, it is a sign we aren't quite bust yet.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

And you know all this because........?

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

And you know all this because........?

FACTS

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#9 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

RL sponsorship 5/6 years ago was running at around £ 2.9 Million in total and with the RFL seemingly re-branding the sport to C/D and E demographics this is hardly going to increase by much.

CM

And of that £2.9m, how much was from Carnegie?

#10 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

OK, so it looks like we're not going to have a main competition sponsor this year and if we are, I think it will probably be on the cheap. From what I understand, that's not the biggest problem in the world as the other sponsors are seemingly bringing in a decent wedge.

So, why don't we try to partner with a nationally recognised charity and give them the title sponsorship? The knock on effect would be magnificent in terms of publicity and would potentially bring us to a new audience.

How about The Macmillan Super League or The Help for Heroes Super League? There are a lot of possibilities (although I think it would need to be a nationally recognised charity and not a local one or a RL specific one).

To all intents and purposes it would cost us very little and I think it would go some way to restoring the 'value' of the sponsorship brand ready for next year.

fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#11 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Championship will have a new sponsor today - a 'fizzy and fruity' product apparently

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

And today its Brut £1M, Foxy Bingo £2M Kingsford Press £500K, various other £1M.

I can't back these figures up, but so what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users