Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Team and predictions for fax

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

apparently pitch inspection tomorrow over the state of the pitch doesnt sound good

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Our season won't be determined by this game , this will be a real culture shock for us . But it's one to be enjoyed after we won last week . No pressure on us here , if we have 4 points after Sunday that will be incredible and will mean we've put in a hell of show . The Batley game was a hell of shock in terms of standard from what we were used to ,the sheer physical power and pace and always coming at you , and this will be of the same 80 min intensity and no let up . But these games are to be savoured and enjoyed , we've waited long enough - savour it , flock in and see a team we've put together that's very fit and full of quality and we can be proud of ! I can honestly see us with these lads making 8 th .

Absolutely. Don't be fooled by thinking they are slow and cumbersome just because of the tv coverage. It will be a good bench mark for you.

#23 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

How's that came about with the pitch inspection?? Surely not because of the weather?! It's not been that bad lately.

#24 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

If true its to do with the work thats been carried out on the pitch.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#25 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Or lack of work by the sound of it?? 4 days before the game as well? Surely someone has been keeping an eye on things.

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

looking at their squad they are strong. we will have to deal with the pace they will play the game at. tough one but another top show by the lads and you never know.

#27 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I think it is a case of the turf laid at this time of the year not been able to bed into the soil .That been the case there will be a lot of lose grass that could make foot hold very difficult.

#28 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

apparently pitch inspection tomorrow over the state of the pitch doesnt sound good

any idea what time?
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#29 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Or lack of work by the sound of it?? 4 days before the game as well? Surely someone has been keeping an eye on things.

I asked a couple of weeks back on how things were progressing on the works,and I think there was a statement in the paper updating us on the progress, from what I was told today the seats still hadnt been installed or even delivered, as for the pitch the work done was on the try line to the dead ball line for drainage, with the weather we have had I would be surpriised if this has had time to take, will be a real shame if its off, could BP not be used in the short term, we have played there before?

#30 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

BP would be a great idea, we play sat and the pitch had been cutting up of late but it still holds up

#31 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

BP would be a great idea, we play sat and the pitch had been cutting up of late but it still holds up

Well if theres a chance it cant be played on DP surely BP could be a option, and the extra ££ would come in handy for Reds, I would have thought the BOD would want it on rather than off, lets hope its on, Im chomping at the bit for my rugby.

#32 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

If it was to be played at BP and I was reds chairman, there would no fee. I would just be happy with what ever was spent in the bar :)

#33 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Surely Mr Dobie has burned his bridges with what he has said about Town when the single stadium was mooted!
I'm sure our BOD wouldn't let our first home game be spoiled, if these rumours are true there are bound to be plans in place.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#34 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Can we not play at Halifax if Its the case and then reverse it back later on in the season?

#35 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

If the Turf hasn't taken hold by Sunday I doubt it wouild be any better for the next home game. What we deffo dont want is the game being played on Wednesday, fewer travelling fans and Real Madrid v Utd on the box. :(

#36 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Woooh folks woooh -
Just to clarify, a pitch inspection is taking place this morning to look at a couple of areas of the pitch where new turf has been laid. The areas under inspection have recently been levelled with turf being laid on top - but with the weather etc, the turf has not had much time to bed in. But it is hoped the inspection will confirm that the pitch will be ok.

The rest of the work, grandstand seats and general stadium work is well on course.

#37 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Up the town and it's World Cup stadium

#38 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

....... fax will not relish coming to cumbria and will under estimate us. town 26 fax 16.

I
I'm with you Wonky. I'm not sure they will under estimate us I just reckon that there is a hell of a team spirit at Town building on from last year and they won't be afraid of anyone and with Lupton back to his best who knows, I'm certainly not writing a win off.

#39 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

halifax are possibly the more skillful out the 2 sides, but skill only takes you so far. heart,determination and spirit can overcome any challenge. and i dont think any team has more of them 3 attributes than town. honestly halifax would win this game 7 out of 10 times, but sunday wont be one of them
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#40 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I got told that the game can't be reversed because the fax pitch is being used for something else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users