• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Got a feeling we will edge this one, town 26-22 fax...attendance-1,078

Sam Barlow is out for halifax and worrincy put on twitter he was also out. Mick Nanyn and Bowman are back from injury.

#42 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

....... Mick Nanyn and Bowman are back from injury.

So thats where Nanyn is now, surely not still in the centres?

#43 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Nanyn won't look so big as a centre with big Morris gunning him down, and I don't think he's the player of a few years back. He was a top attacking centre but unfortunately didn't have a heart proportionate in size to the rest of him, couple of big shots early on should sicken him.

#44 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Published in the Halifax Courier, "Coach Karl Harrison was pondering reverting to effectively three front rowers ahead of Sunday’s clash with Workington in the newly-titled Kingstone Press Championship.

Fax spent much of last season playing with a third ball-carrying forward at loose forward, usually either Sam Barlow or Craig Ashall.

Harrison changed tactics for last week’s opening day 18-10 win over Sheffield, with playmaker Scott Murrell taking the number 13 shirt.

But the size and condition of the Derwent Park playing surface could prompt a rethink this weekend.

“We’re expecting a skinny field and a Workington side with a giant forward pack,” said Harrison, who confirmed he had asked an acquaintance in Cumbria to report back on the playing conditions ahead of Friday night’s final training session.

“That could mean we go with three props from the start.

“We’ll assess things and make a final decision today.”

With Barlow ruling himself out with a foot injury, Harrison has added teenage forwards Niall Berrett and Conor Wood to his initial selection.

Utility back Anthony Bowman, who has yet to feature in 2013 after undergoing shoulder surgery, could also come into contention, pending a successful comeback in last night’s under 23 friendly at Leigh.

“One of those three could be in the mix,” said Harrison.

“Bowman’s got the best chance, but the other two have been training great all winter.

“It’s too soon for them, but I got thrown in to first team rugby league at 17 and you’ve got to make the jump at some stage.”

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I remember Nanyn coming here with Oldham . He did absolutely nowt but bulldozed over for two tries from 3 yards and kicked
every goal!

#46 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

yeah i remember that, hes a big useless lump until hes inside the opponents 20 where hes one of the best around.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#47 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Town +8 on the coupon

#48 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Town +8 on the coupon

+12 on bet 365

#49 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Nearly time for the first home match! Nice bit in the Halifax Courier
“Halifax forward Andy Bracek has warned that Championship new boys Workington will be a “different proposition” on home soil in 2013. “If you play Workington away, they are a different proposition,” said Bracek, …..“They grow an extra pair of legs when they’re on their own field. “The pitch is like a postage stamp and they’re a big, big side; the centres are the same size as the props. “The Aussie Jarrad Stack in the back row is a really good player and Peter Lupton’s there now; he’s got a nice pass on him and he’ll hurt you if you let their forwards get on top.”

It’s going to be some tough contest with Halifax trying to dominate the forward battle from the word go.

Edited by Supporter, 09 February 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I read that . Hope he plays like he did for Barra here.

#51 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

My team is CARTER CALDERS MORRIS HULME PATRICK FORBER LUPTON WAINE PHILLIPS DOWES PHILLIPS STACK OLSTRUM COWARD THACKARY(GORE a lad from widnes scrum half or hoker ) may be another from widnes?????

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Aye doesn't look likely now but I'd have had a forad from Widnes to join coward n Thacks , as its gonna be physical !

#53 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Heard a crac that there two more widnes lads coming tomorrow ??.

#54 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

a full out war,this is gonna be a belter ,hang in there boys and we can get something out of this game.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#55 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Kavanagh and Davies need game time.

#56 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Anyone else notice it is going to snow heavily in Halifax from 9. 00am tomorrow. I hope the Halifax team sets off early enough!

#57 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Me aswell could potentially make the team stronger tommorrow
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#58 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Kavanagh and Davies need game time.

they want to improve there front row not weaken it - from what i seen last week them two wouldn't get in Workingtons front row

#59 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Looks like Coward is out (via twitter)

@kristophc10: Good luck to all the boys today gutted not playing but the pesky man flu has got the better of me! #upthetown#faxflu

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Shame for him he's a confidence player and his confidence and form have been way up since last third of last year. Widnes hotline ...!!!

Edited by DavidM, 10 February 2013 - 11:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users