Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Team and predictions for fax

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 town88

town88
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ben Davies plays instead
CLUB HONOURS championship Winners: 1950-51 Beaten Finalists: 1957-58 Challenge Cup Winners: 1951-52 - Beaten Finalists: 1954-55, 1957-58 Western Division Championship Winners: 1962-63 Lancashire cup winners 1977-78- Beaten finalists 1976-77, 197879, 197980 Second Division/Divisional Premiership Winners:1993-94 Beaten Finalists;1992-93.

#62 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Coward out Ben Davies to come in

#63 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

defo a forward tussle that should decide the outcome of the game but i feel we will have to match their speed around the play the ball too and a genral intensity levels.

#64 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Intensity and discipline are going to be crucial today
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#65 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

!skinny field and pitch like a postage stamp"! yes and the pitch will be same for both teams.

#66 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry to hear Kris Coward is out. His form has beeb great over the past 12 months. The Widnes lads wont let us down though. Come on Town

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#67 waven from haven

waven from haven
  • Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

haha all u stupin c*nt5 thinking u were gonna beat fax, haha wake up u skets #dreamland

#68 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaaha shut up

#69 waven from haven

waven from haven
  • Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

u mad

#70 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

they want to improve there front row not weaken it - from what i seen last week them two wouldn't get in Workingtons front row

If that bad then they won't get a chance at Widnes then.Pickgersgill is ahead and young Gerrard.

#71 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

So how are Declan Hulme and Gore getting on?Well I know Kavs and Davies are doing rubbish.lol

Edited by widnesrlfc, 12 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#72 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

hulme showed some nice pace and side steps. i would like to see him in town shirt more often.

#73 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

As I have said on another thread we need a halfback that can take the line on more. Gore is being used at hooker with Callum Phillips but Hulme played in the centre against Fax and had a good game.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#74 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

hulme is definately the pick of the bunch so far and i hope we get some more games out of him. i dont think gore got much time to shine really and it might take him some game time to settle, but as soon as matty returns he will be surplus to requirements. davies done nothing wrong but in my opinion he isnt as good as the lads we have and with coward and acton returning i cant see him returning anytime soon.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#75 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Well it is good to hear Declan doing well and if Kavs and Davies don't puck things up they won't be at Widnes next year.Well if you are short at halfback try Gore there or Tom Gilmore.

#76 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

If that bad then they won't get a chance at Widnes then.Pickgersgill is ahead and young Gerrard.

I never said Davies & Kav are that bad - you're doing Workington's front row a disservice there Ratboy - Thackery & Dowes have played at the highest level and Coward is a monster. Jarrard Stack in the second row is a very good player and his work rate is outstanding. Davies & Kav are still young and have a lot still to learn. And playing up here with these boys will not do them any harm whatsoever as long as they have the correct attitude ;)

#77 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

I never said Davies & Kav are that bad - you're doing Workington's front row a disservice there Ratboy - Thackery & Dowes have played at the highest level and Coward is a monster. Jarrard Stack in the second row is a very good player and his work rate is outstanding. Davies & Kav are still young and have a lot still to learn. And playing up here with these boys will not do them any harm whatsoever as long as they have the correct attitude ;)

Sorry mate I just took your message the wrong way.I admit Thackray and Dowes have played Superleague and are top players.Kavs and Davies are just down the pecking order at Widnes, and hopefully more experience will improve as players.You gave Fax a game, and I think you may sneak a playoff spot thus season.I will have to come a Worky game buddy.I hope Declan is good enough soon to play in Superleague and can we have Callum Philiphs please.lol

Edited by widnesrlfc, 12 February 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#78 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Sorry mate I just took your message the wrong way.I admit Thackray and Dowes have played Superleague and are top players.Kavs and Davies are just down the pecking order at Widnes, and hopefully more experience will improve as players.You gave Fax a game, and I think you may sneak a playoff spot thus season.I will have to come a Worky game buddy.I hope Declan is good enough soon to play in Superleague and can we have Callum Philiphs please.lol

Is Declan related to the once great Hulme at Widnes? If so if he is anywhere near as good as his relative was then he will be a great player.

Edited by thundergaz, 12 February 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#79 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Is Declan related to the once great Hulme at Widnes? If so if he is anywhere near as good as his relative was then he will be a great player.

there was two hulme brothers at widnes I think.

#80 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm sure I read he's not one of the clan Gaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users