Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Team and predictions for fax

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

He's no relation gaz

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#82 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Ok cheers guys.

#83 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Is Declan related to the once great Hulme at Widnes? If so if he is anywhere near as good as his relative was then he will be a great player.

No mate I believe David Hulme son was Danny Hulme who did play for Widnes u20s at fullback and hooker.Paul Hulme son is Liam Hulme who was at Wire.Sometimes sons are not as good as their dad.lol

#84 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Every time I think of them 2 Hulmes I think of that great 88 test in Sydney !

#85 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Every time I think of them 2 Hulmes I think of that great 88 test in Sydney !

I was 13 then and can remember even though so young.They where great players and both had different styles of play.Maybe because one a halfback and other a Secondrower.Always got stuck in and hard as nails.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 12 February 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#86 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

No mate I believe David Hulme son was Danny Hulme who did play for Widnes u20s at fullback and hooker.Paul Hulme son is Liam Hulme who was at Wire.Sometimes sons are not as good as their dad.lol

Is it just me or is there far more greats of yester years like Edwards, Hanley, etc i could name a lot more. Than there is since SL started? I know its a pro game now but them players of yester year I think would be greats in today's game.

#87 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Is it just me or is there far more greats of yester years like Edwards, Hanley, etc i could name a lot more. Than there is since SL started? I know its a pro game now but them players of yester year I think would be greats in today's game.

Great players in every era mate,and if they where full-time players,would have been great now too.They played in bad winter rugby regularly, and would not have cried about the I Pitch.lol

#88 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Great players in every era mate,and if they where full-time players,would have been great now too.They played in bad winter rugby regularly, and would not have cried about the I Pitch.lol

2 players used to play for you one was kurt sorenson I think that's how you say it and the other for the life of me I can't remember who it is but he was a forward and he was a kiwi I think. They were good players.

#89 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

If your thinking of Jimmy Pickering he was Fijian, and he wasn't good he was a world class freak of a talent who had the power of a shire horse and the guile and skills of a halfback and is a legend!!!!

Edited by DavidM, 12 February 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#90 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

If your thinking of Jimmy Pickering he was Fijian, and he wasn't good he was a world class freak of a talent who had the power of a shire horse and the guile and skills of a halfback and is a legend!!!!

No David it wasn't him but I know who you mean and yes I agree with you he was great. He played along side sorenson who I'm thinking of if I'm correct.

#91 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

What year Gaz?

#92 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

What year Gaz?

I'm struggling for the year/s but he was in the same team as Jonathan Davies. Martin offiah. Alan Tate too I think not sure on Tate though.Hope it helps cos its doing my head in I won't be able to sleep till I name him lol.

#93 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hepi?

#94 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Oh no i thought you meant Town haha

#95 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Oh no i thought you meant Town haha

Did Jonathan Davies and Martin offiah play for town? Wow you learn something every day lol.But the guy I'm thinking of was a big fatty he looked like a sumo wrestler lol.

Edited by thundergaz, 12 February 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#96 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Emosi Koloto or Joe Grima played alongside Sorenson at Widnes.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#97 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Emosi Koloto or Joe Grima played alongside Sorenson at Widnes.

I'm inclined to think it was koloto Keith but I could of sworn it started with an F but I could be wrong. But thank you for the info very much appreciated.

#98 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Did Jonathan Davies and Martin offiah play for town? Wow you learn something every day lol.But the guy I'm thinking of was a big fatty he looked like a sumo wrestler lol.

Ive had a long day! :lol:

#99 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Faimalo?

#100 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Faimalo?

Yes I think that's it. Cheers it was doing my head in. I even knew their away strip was green or illuminous yellow one or the other. that's how much I was banging my head against the wall lol.

Edited by thundergaz, 12 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.