League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What is the latest on Wakey and Cas' new stadiums?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

But is the review actually taking place and if so who is doing it and when will the recommendations be published?

Yes, an external consultant and not sure. Clubs have been consulted and asked for their thoughts on various proposals though.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#22 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

But is the review actually taking place and if so who is doing it and when will the recommendations be published?

Thanks for the Watkins report, it seemed the review he undertook and the recommendation he made from that, was for someone to launch a review and make some recommendations :wacko:

Hope he was paid well for that.

#23 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Should be some news soon on the progress of Newmarket (unfortunately no time scale), detailed planning is yet to be submitted but this is expected to be done so by May, heard whispers that work will begin in May (ground works etc). The developer is confident that the stadium will be ready for 2015.

Trinity will not own the stadium, the Wakefield and District Community Trust will lease the stadium for peppercorn rent from the developers I believe, who then will lease the stadium to Trinity, who will be the anchor tenant. It is open for any other sports team in the district t to use.

Re Cas, the enabling development for Glasshoughton was a Supermarket on WR, this changed to the Neslte site a little closer in to town. They are still looking at doing this but the development is going to fund the redevelopment of the existing Cas ground rather than Glasshoughton.

#24 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Should be some news soon on the progress of Newmarket (unfortunately no time scale), detailed planning is yet to be submitted but this is expected to be done so by May, heard whispers that work will begin in May (ground works etc). The developer is confident that the stadium will be ready for 2015.

Trinity will not own the stadium, the Wakefield and District Community Trust will lease the stadium for peppercorn rent from the developers I believe, who then will lease the stadium to Trinity, who will be the anchor tenant. It is open for any other sports team in the district t to use.

Re Cas, the enabling development for Glasshoughton was a Supermarket on WR, this changed to the Neslte site a little closer in to town. They are still looking at doing this but the development is going to fund the redevelopment of the existing Cas ground rather than Glasshoughton.

Will Trinity get revenue from the bars and food outlets or willl that all go to the Council?

#25 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Will Trinity get revenue from the bars and food outlets or willl that all go to the Council?

The Council will not own the stadium, as for the revenue I'm not sure. At the moment Trinity do not own Belle Vue but they do keep all the revenue generated from food/drink sales so as the organisation running the stadium are a not for profit, rugby league friendly outfit I imaging there will be an agreement similar to this.

#26 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I really hope the review advocates a return to P&R Terry, even if we are best place to secure a licence.
I am so glad the whole process is subject to review and that that review is carried out with absolute transparency.
Of course, a review may suggest retaining the status quo.... we'll see.

Agree Robin. As far as I can see though, we'll be ready whatever the outcome...
http://www.featherst...le.php?id=10406

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 06 February 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#27 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,483 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

The Council will not own the stadium, as for the revenue I'm not sure. At the moment Trinity do not own Belle Vue but they do keep all the revenue generated from food/drink sales so as the organisation running the stadium are a not for profit, rugby league friendly outfit I imaging there will be an agreement similar to this.

Thanks for that. That's good news for Trinity.

#28 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

1. It's not about P & R it's about the grounds.

2. I fully expect a stupid crack from you in any thread. You have not disappointed.

3. As for the grounds I again passed Newmarket only last week and nothing has happened. At least up at Glasshoughton they put a hoarding up advertising the coal mine muck heap as the site of Cas's new stadium. They could not even manage this at Newmarket.

I suspect given the tin roof and patching up at Belle vue and equal plans for patching up Wheldon Road, we'll have three tired old grounds tarted up to give three tired old clubs another go to be "super"

How about a merger thread Browny?

Steady on there Parky, that third tired old club is quite envigorated at the moment and it's "tired" old ground has seen more development progress in the last 6 months than the other two have managed in 17 years.

The muck stack sign at Glasshoughton was quietly removed last summer, rumour has it that a developer wants to put an office block there.

Edited by Ponterover, 06 February 2013 - 02:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users