TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#21 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

question, should rugby league as a sport be encouraged to spread its wings and try to encompass the whole of the uk at all levels encouraging participation and enjoyment of the game or should it be confined to 1 county ie yorkshire in the darkest deepest winter months?

i think some on here would prefer the 2nd option, and we wonder why the sport struggles to get national recognition.

#22 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

How does playing in summer,get the game national recognition .it hasn't stopped football or ra ra expanding .
Blaming the winter for lack of facility's ,funding or number of quality coaches is ridiculous.

#23 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Typical NCL supporters view that clearly shows the double standards of the NCL. Part of the minimal criteria for entry to NCL is to run 2 open age teams but when the going gets tough eg with the move to summer several teams didn't fulfill their A team fixtures. You only have to look at the YML fixtures last year to confirm a staggering number of games not played and also NCL A teams that simply disappeared altogether. As a result what action is taken - none!!

I also watch our great game across a broad spectrum of leagues and levels each week including NCL and Pennine and summer leagues and recognise there are some great sides in the NCL but its obvious that some NCL ' supporters' are deluding themselves if they believe they have all the tops sides in their comp. Its obvious by watching each week several of the top premier Pennine clubs would compete extremely well over a full season. Finally with regards to new NCL division 3 by including so many new clubs its simply added quantity not quality. I have seen many of these regional sides teams in action over the last few years and some would struggle to reach the top of Pennine div 1.

Maybe 1 or 2 would struggle but the rest would beat your Pennine teams. Take your blinkers off. Deluded

#24 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Maybe 1 or 2 would struggle but the rest would beat your Pennine teams. Take your blinkers off. Deluded

lol ,you obviously don't see many games then,if you think ncl3 is stronger than pennine premier,most sides in this league would hold there own in ncl premier never mind against div3 clubs

#25 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

lol ,you obviously don't see many games then,if you think ncl3 is stronger than pennine premier,most sides in this league would hold there own in ncl premier never mind against div3 clubs

#
dont talk wet the top four teams are good sides but do you really think if you put them in ncl prem for a season they would finish in the top six ??? i think not i think they all would be around the bottom

#26 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

#
dont talk wet the top four teams are good sides but do you really think if you put them in ncl prem for a season they would finish in the top six ??? i think not i think they all would be around the bottom

what makes you think that that the top premier sides would not be able to compete ,trouble with the ncl it's to far up its own ######.to see what's going on any where else,

#27 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

what makes you think that that the top premier sides would not be able to compete ,trouble with the ncl it's to far up its own ######.to see what's going on any where else,

they play in a league were there is 3 or 4 good sides the reason the ncl is seen as a higher standard is because the general level of teams are better so your challenged to a hard game every week and thats just how it is im not saying the top four in the pennine arnt good sides just dont think they would compete as well in ncl top div as well as you think thats all and if the ncls all up its own ###### then wy come on its forum ?

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

D

Im not sure what relevance your responce has to my comment mate, i didnt comment on 'A' teams or youth structure at all, was purely about the NCL

You made a comment saying the top Pennine sides would not compete in the NCL premier, IMO they would and I made a point to point out that the Pennine premier sides have the same structure in place to keep their continuity going as well.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

question, should rugby league as a sport be encouraged to spread its wings and try to encompass the whole of the uk at all levels encouraging participation and enjoyment of the game or should it be confined to 1 county ie yorkshire in the darkest deepest winter months?

i think some on here would prefer the 2nd option, and we wonder why the sport struggles to get national recognition.

Lets take it to the bright shiny summer months FFS, What was the main danger to the game in the winter, football and union, in the summer these dangers have increased and changed; weddings and all weekends related, holidays (family and lads) Cricket, coast, festivals, theme parks, galas the list of things to do is endless.

#30 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Back on track, I can't see any NCL team not fulfilling a fixture, but a close eye should be kept on their `A` & U18's fixtures for none fulfilments and also the number of games that will have to be played mid-week just so fixtures can again be fulfilled with players doubling up for games.

Some will say this and that about mid-week fixtures, but in the end we are amateurs who work all week and play a chosen sport as a past time and for enjoyment and the future of some `A` teams could be determined by the toleration of players who can only make weekends due to work.

#31 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lets take it to the bright shiny summer months FFS, What was the main danger to the game in the winter, football and union, in the summer these dangers have increased and changed; weddings and all weekends related, holidays (family and lads) Cricket, coast, festivals, theme parks, galas the list of things to do is endless.

you obviously have other priorities in the summer and a real busy schedule, not all people prefer all the above, infact id prefer rugby league at any time of year than most of that drivel youve just churned out above. fair enough the odd wedding, a weekly event?, and the odd holiday but all the other stuff, make your mind up, rugby league or not. i know what i prefer, and if i fancy doing any of the other stuff i can usually fit it in, rugby league doesnt come to a halt.

#32 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Back on track, I can't see any NCL team not fulfilling a fixture, but a close eye should be kept on their `A` & U18's fixtures for none fulfilments and also the number of games that will have to be played mid-week just so fixtures can again be fulfilled with players doubling up for games.

Some will say this and that about mid-week fixtures, but in the end we are amateurs who work all week and play a chosen sport as a past time and for enjoyment and the future of some `A` teams could be determined by the toleration of players who can only make weekends due to work.

forgot that we didnt play midweek fixtures during the winter season, what you on about?

#33 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

forgot that we didnt play midweek fixtures during the winter season, what you on about?

Not mid-season

#34 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Speaking to a lot of players ,the majority say it is harder to commit to all games and training sessions in the summer months ,let's remember the only reason summer rugby started was due to sky wanting to fill summer schedules no other reason.
This may suit professionals who after all are getting paid to do a job,but we are talking about amateurs here .
If summer is so beneficial to the long term success of the game why aren't the Southern Hemisphere amateurs doing the same. And before anyone says the weather is better try playing in New Zealand in winter ,it can be just as cold and certainly wetter,yet when I was there the players where fitter and had a better skill set than the equivalent standard here.this was down to better facility's and coaching.
Why hasn't rugby union gone summer,that code has gone from strength to strength in winter,with far more juniors playing now than in previous years.

#35 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well then.... Methley Royals (pennine 1) 19 Leigh Miners 12 (NCL premier) proved my point very adequately yesterday!!! No doubt NCL supporters will have excuses ready but when a side in top division is beaten by side in the 3rd division are any excuses valid? Real men play winter rugby!!

#36 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Eloquently put Ranger12 :)

#37 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well then.... Methley Royals (pennine 1) 19 Leigh Miners 12 (NCL premier) proved my point very adequately yesterday!!! No doubt NCL supporters will have excuses ready but when a side in top division is beaten by side in the 3rd division are any excuses valid? Real men play winter rugby!!

Good for you real men!!. I'm pleased you, along with Marauder and Ranger 12, are happy to play winter rugby in The Pennine League. No one from the NCL is saying don't do that. Infact we're more than happy to keep you "real men" in a league of your own where numerous weddings, gala's, cricket matches and visits to theme parks prevent you from playing in a more competitive league. Enjoy your rugby and leave us to enjoy ours.

#38 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good for you real men!!. I'm pleased you, along with Marauder and Ranger 12, are happy to play winter rugby in The Pennine League. No one from the NCL is saying don't do that. Infact we're more than happy to keep you "real men" in a league of your own where numerous weddings, gala's, cricket matches and visits to theme parks prevent you from playing in a more competitive league. Enjoy your rugby and leave us to enjoy ours.

Well said Guardsman. The RFL when they launched the summer/winter debate called it four seasons which means they were looking for the game to be played all the year round. which means january to December. The NCL clubs voted to play their league games between March and October. Some players like it and some don't thats why they called it four seasons so the players could decide when they played. This Forum is for people to debate issues regarding the NCL clubs what seems to be happening is the people who are not members of any NCL club moaning about how S##t the NCL now is . Let us who are involved with the NCL get on with it and let the rest of you go on the pennine forum and talk about how good your precious pennine league is. KNOWLEDGE I thought you was a Bramley man dont they play in the summer?

#39 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yep we do, but it's a complete different reason why,

#40 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

With regards A teams struggling in the summer a lot struggled when they were in the winter too. Yes there are more things happening in the summer and it will take time for players to adapt But The NCL clubs and their players will do just that in time. players will be lost at some clubs but they will be replaced by player who wish to play summer.
The one problem that some of the NCL clubs may have with the switch to summer is that they no longer have the use of academy Players which may also answer the question of the standards not been as good. This will balance itself out over the coming seasons with players who go to pro clubs and do not make it returning to their former clubs. This is my opinion and only time will tell. But at the moment we have 50 players registered to play for us this coming season and 10 of those are new players to our club.

Edited by old papa, 10 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users