Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#41 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Well said Guardsman. The RFL when they launched the summer/winter debate called it four seasons which means they were looking for the game to be played all the year round. which means january to December. The NCL clubs voted to play their league games between March and October. Some players like it and some don't thats why they called it four seasons so the players could decide when they played. This Forum is for people to debate issues regarding the NCL clubs what seems to be happening is the people who are not members of any NCL club moaning about how S##t the NCL now is . Let us who are involved with the NCL get on with it and let the rest of you go on the pennine forum and talk about how good your precious pennine league is. KNOWLEDGE I thought you was a Bramley man dont they play in the summer?

Firstly this is not an exclusive club, Secondly does it make a difference if my club plays winter but I like summer or visa versa.

So why don't the RFL advertise 4 seasons on their website, why does it only make it look like the game is only played in the summer, why do they only direct new teams towards summer and why is it the teams who seem to be benefiting from the switch to summer are the ones with a NCL/RFL committee conection.

Which teams have benefited from the RFL/Service area wanting elite junior squads and where/who do the people on the junior committees who are allowing this to happen have an allegiance to ?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#42 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Refusal to beleive!!! Thought it was quite clear but obviosly the moonies were before your time they were followers of a strange, dominant, dictatorial and ultimately corrupt cult not unlike the RFL. !!!!

Yeah but the Moonies knew how to throw a wedding bash though.

Posted Image

rldfsignature.jpg

#43 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Firstly this is not an exclusive club, Secondly does it make a difference if my club plays winter but I like summer or visa versa.

So why don't the RFL advertise 4 seasons on their website, why does it only make it look like the game is only played in the summer, why do they only direct new teams towards summer and why is it the teams who seem to be benefiting from the switch to summer are the ones with a NCL/RFL committee conection.

Which teams have benefited from the RFL/Service area wanting elite junior squads and where/who do the people on the junior committees who are allowing this to happen have an allegiance to ?

How do the clubs benefit from having NCL/RFL connections we have not seen any benefits. The only thing we have got is 1K towards our travel last season.

#44 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yeah but the Moonies knew how to throw a wedding bash though.

Posted Image

There they are - the entire Moorends team with Marauder in the middle as Best Man - no wonder they can't do summer rugby :rolleyes:

#45 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

There they are - the entire Moorends team with Marauder in the middle as Best Man - no wonder they can't do summer rugby :rolleyes:

No one gets married in Moorends these days.Did summer for 6 or 7 years.

Edited by Marauder, 10 February 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#46 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

No one gets married in Moorends these days.

no your all too ugly :blink:

#47 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

no your all too ugly :blink:

Ask your mam :wub:

#48 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: him from Coventry Bears is there in the background too!! :lol:

#49 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Well then.... Methley Royals (pennine 1) 19 Leigh Miners 12 (NCL premier) proved my point very adequately yesterday!!! No doubt NCL supporters will have excuses ready but when a side in top division is beaten by side in the 3rd division are any excuses valid? Real men play winter rugby!!

dont like to defend miners but it was their 2nd team and not 1st that entered the cup so dont read to much into the result

#50 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

[

Edited by kaykie, 11 February 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#51 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Mainly secondteam lads turned out from the Miners obviously took the advice from Del Capo .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 11 February 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#52 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

NEGATIVITY Dont you just love it.

I would challenge some of your comments.

Firstly IMO all NCL teams will start the season and complete as arranged, but sadly some of the second teams may struggle to start and go the distance.
I know of many players who are currently playing winter rugby in the Pennine league but have contacted their NCL clubs and currently training with them as well, prior to the season starting.
Where do you get that the quality of the game has reduced within the NCL, if anything i believe it has been enhanced with going summer.
Believe me i regularly watch teams in the Leeds area that are playing in the Pennine league and the standards in the Top Divisons are noway near as good as the NCL teams other than a couple of sides.

The forum activity has of course reduced for the NCL, as youve probably noticed it is out of season.

Lets cut out all the negative points and look forward to forthcomeing season.

Summer Rugby is here to stay so get used to it.

I though it was I three year experiment and then the members will decide if they wish to remain summer or not, true are not true Longman?

summer rugby may well be here to stay its aleady been around for years, but with a solid foundation in winter how many teams will drift back over the next few years?

#53 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Maybe 1 or 2 would struggle but the rest would beat your Pennine teams. Take your blinkers off. Deluded

I'm a little bit deluded I wonder if you can help, I have just looked at the results of the National cup over the last few years
and it would appear that the NCL sides have struggled against the regionals, when it got to the semi or final any reason?

#54 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Sbull

Are you anti summer rugby or anti NCL or both?

Summer was voted in democratically and its here like it or not, so lets make the best of it that we can.
If its a three year experiment then no doubt there will be a vote on its success or failings at the end of that period.

So rather than keep bleating about it make the most of it and get behind your team.

#55 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm a little bit deluded I wonder if you can help, I have just looked at the results of the National cup over the last few years
and it would appear that the NCL sides have struggled against the regionals, when it got to the semi or final any reason?

Time to be brutal.

12 or more winter sides are more than capable of taking out NCL opponents in a cup competition.

If they could do the over lap and start in the spring , for a National Cup that meets most clubs, calendar , then they might find a difference........

Until then Barla can keep throwing out hay to the winter sheep.........

And if they ever decide that that may just be a wasted exercise , then there a people who might just listen.....

#56 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sbull

Are you anti summer rugby or anti NCL or both?

Summer was voted in democratically and its here like it or not, so lets make the best of it that we can.
If its a three year experiment then no doubt there will be a vote on its success or failings at the end of that period.

So rather than keep bleating about it make the most of it and get behind your team.

I wouldn’t say I'm totally anti summer, its been around for years but I'm no fan of how the powers to be went about it,
on a personal note I missed more games in the first summer campaign that I did in the previous 20 years of winter,
I'm not anti NCL I'm just having a bit of fun on which league currently has the best playing standards,

hypothetically speaking if you were to argue your case in court that the NCL play better rugby then any other league, what would your argument be? if I were to argue on the behalf of the regional league I would base my case on the only competition that all leagues play in
and then I would present the trophy as evidence with the names on it ,
The Barla National cup of course. and I'm aware that most NCL teams didn’t enter last year I'm refer to the two before that
you could always argue that you couldn't win that one anymore so you made a new trophy up that the regionals can not enter The NCL CUP :D please humour me and state your case.

#57 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Time to be brutal.

12 or more winter sides are more than capable of taking out NCL opponents in a cup competition.

If they could do the over lap and start in the spring , for a National Cup that meets most clubs, calendar , then they might find a difference........

Until then Barla can keep throwing out hay to the winter sheep.........

And if they ever decide that that may just be a wasted exercise , then there a people who might just listen.....

Time to be Brutal !! well that told me :(
why do you keep referring to Barla all the time? I don’t know enough to get in a discussion about the past But from what I have picked up on here it is apparent that although the NCL committee donate a lot of there time in running the league they appear to be nothing more that yes man to the RFL

#58 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Time to be brutal.

So Peter if the BARLA National cup starts in April and a couple of rounds in may and semi final and final in Septemeber would you support a vote for NCL clubs to enter the competition?

Edited by Wilber, 12 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#59 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I am not a massive fan of summer rugby myself however i believe in the democratic process and the NCL clubs voted for it unanimously so here weare.

As a NCL coach i will just get on with it and do the best i can given that other interests family matters and holidays will interfere with what is an amateur sport.

Make the best of what we have got is what i say cause its the same for each n every NCL club/team. There will always be something else in the summer for us all to do, perhaps if the NCL and the RFL gave the players clubs and officials some form of financial incentive things might just be a little different from a playing, coaching and club perspective.

#60 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

So Peter if the BARLA National cup starts in April and a couple of rounds in may and semi final and final in Septemeber would you support a vote for NCL clubs to enter the competition?

If they had done that when the NCL decided to move to summer in 2011 for the 2012 campaign then the NCL would have had no reason to change the policy of leaving dates blank in the calender . The Tier 3 Cup was introduced in part to give our clubs a cup format during their playing season.

If Barla wanted to move their Cup to align it to the NCL season then clearly there's a discussion to be had .

But the fundamental issue of numbers declining remains. The National Cup was diminishing well before the move to summer with the bulk of clubs in Tier 4 avoiding it . Why ? Maybe it's time to look at more radical alternatives - how about putting the winter Premiers into the Tier 3 Cup and running the Barla Cup nationally for the rest of Tier 4 ...................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users