Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#101 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

No, I didn't say I only attend the odd game, I said " I don't watch as many games as I did but I still get my fix" As I said earlier I would prefer winter but since the teams I watch now play in summer so be it. If at the end of the trial the NCL stays in summer I will cope without tantrum but with disappointment, I won't turn my back on the game. Posting repetetive whinges isn't bolstering your campaign, if people are undecided you may just push them in the wrong direction.

not many poeple go on this forum compared to who is involved in the game, and i dont need to bolster my campaing just ask what do poeple think in genral when you next attend a game.

my point being if a vote takes place it needs to be more transpararent that the last one, and it isnt a question in turning your back on the game its about having the time to commit which it is obvious that poeple havnt, during the peak summer months hence the amount of A games that got called off last season, i would like to see the welfare of all the players at the club looked after not just making sure the 1st team turn a side out.

i dont know enough to get into a debate to fare back about the RFL but they seem to be pulling a lot of string.

#102 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

A lot of a teams were struggling before the summer switch and that's a fact.
Summer rugby is here make the most of it in whatever capacity you are involved in.
And if your thinking of playing this season may i make a suggestion sbull - get yourself down training to bolster the a team at your club.

#103 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Summer rugby is here make the most of it in whatever capacity you are involved in.
And if your thinking of playing this season may i make a suggestion sbull - get yourself down training to bolster the a team at your club.

What if he doesn't like playing in the summer?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#104 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

What if he doesn't like playing in the summer?

Find a club that plays in Winter??
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#105 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

As the meerkats say - Simples!!!!!

#106 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I couldn't agree more with sbull, but for the change I would still be involved, maybe I am cutting my nose off to spite my face, my prerogative I'm afraid. I do believe rugby league is on the downward spiral, the people that run the game are incompetent! I now await more name calling and snide comments cause I don't agree with the so called mainstream, in the years I've read this forum I have noticed the said traits, I'm surprised del capo etc havn't had marauder etc banned as they did with boarder, everything he said has/is coming true, once a ref is probably the worst culprit for demonising people, typical keyboard warrior, goodbye, keep the faith sbull and marauder!!

You mention the people who run the game are incompetent do you mean RFL Barla or both, perosnally i dotn beleive either are perfect but Barla seem to have been going backwards long before RFL and summer.

Your not a site admin so id love to know how you know Del capo got boarder banned or it that just ###### you have decided to make up

You are also very blinkered when you believe all s bull and maurauder say

#107 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

i dont think anyone can deny some teams were straggling in the winter, just a sign of the times, players retire a lot earlier than they use to,
not figured out who you are yet, what side of the water you from?
i like to watch games these days but no doubt will play the odd game if needed,

i would love to play in nice warm summer conditions, thats just basic common sense, but its also basic common sence that most folk will not change there summer habits.

#108 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I just think clubs need to embrace summer rugby and try and make it an event eg barbies or bouncy castles to get the families involved and the wifes might go to the game instead of dragging lads on days out

Edited by kaykie, 19 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#109 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

You mention the people who run the game are incompetent do you mean RFL Barla or both, perosnally i dotn beleive either are perfect but Barla seem to have been going backwards long before RFL and summer.

Your not a site admin so id love to know how you know Del capo got boarder banned or it that just ###### you have decided to make up

You are also very blinkered when you believe all s bull and maurauder say

How much of what I've been saying has come true over the last few years, my big prediction over the next two NCL season is dual reg or twinning with a championship club.

#110 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

I just think clubs need to embrace summer rugby and try and make it an event eg barbies or bouncy castles to get the families involved and the wifes might go to the game instead of dragging lads on days out

It only works for a couple of seasons, ask why the London league has fallen on it's face in the last few seasons, when I started being involved in the summer we drew a lot from clubs in the expansion areas, they looked at the game and match days completely different from the heartlands, I'm sorry to say most of these clubs seem to have either folded or fallen on bad times, obviously a few are still doing well but once funding is withdrawn it's going to be hard to have people running around local schools, youth clubs etc.

#111 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

i dont think anyone can deny some teams were straggling in the winter, just a sign of the times, players retire a lot earlier than they use to,
not figured out who you are yet, what side of the water you from?
i like to watch games these days but no doubt will play the odd game if needed,

i would love to play in nice warm summer conditions, thats just basic common sense, but its also basic common sence that most folk will not change there summer habits.

IMO you will see players retire a lot earlier playing summer rugby, hard grounds don't help joints & ligaments.

#112 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Or keeping wives/girlfriends and children happy, when they would rather be enjoying the summer with them !!!!

#113 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Or keeping wives/girlfriends and children happy, when they would rather be enjoying the summer with them !!!!

Whats the world comeing to; Saturdays is for sport always has been and always should be.
Married for 40 years, have 2 sons involved with sport and we all still spend saturdays round rugby.
Grow some balls or get the girls involved.
End of Rant

#114 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Whats the world comeing to; Saturdays is for sport always has been and always should be.
Married for 40 years, have 2 sons involved with sport and we all still spend saturdays round rugby.
End of Rant

couldnt agree more reference saturdays are for rugby, but why get the girls involved?

#115 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

End of Rant

Whats the divorce rate amongst the guys who don't put their wife and family first?

#116 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Get the girls involved wake up and smell the coffee they are taking over :D

#117 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

The vast majority of the commitee at Wath Brow Hornets are female I believe, there a great asset for clubs to have
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#118 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

The vast majority of the commitee at Wath Brow Hornets are female I believe, there a great asset for clubs to have

Milford Marlins committee is half female and they work very hard for the club.

#119 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm surprised del capo etc havn't had marauder etc banned as they did with boarder, everything he said has/is coming true,

Del capo has nothing to do with with boarder being banned. I suggest you read John Drake's comment on the bowes thread. Boarder got loads of warnings but continued to break forum rules. I even warned boarder once myself. He swore at another forumite. I deleted his post and asked him not to do it again and he did exactly the same thing a couple of hours later in the very same thread. He was banned from breaking the rules not because of his opinions.

I have yet to see marauder break any of the terms and conditions. He is, therefore, free to post.

#120 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I find that strange? Is there not a swear filter in place? I travel back through the forum and see many hash marks! I presume these are swear words? Methinks its not what you say, but who you say it to(or what your opinion is!) Strange how when people get a bit of power it goes to their heads,Oops, I'll probably get banned?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users