Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#121 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

couldnt agree more reference saturdays are for rugby, but why get the girls involved?

Longman and sbull ........... Are you both Barney Ruble and Fred Flintstone in disguise ...............or even both just Neanderthal's ,,,,,,,, UG UG ...
Posted Image

#122 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Longman and sbull ........... Are you both Barney Ruble and Fred Flintstone in disguise ...............or even both just Neanderthal's ,,,,,,,, UG UG ...

Definately not; I believe that mothers, wives and girlfriends should be involved and incouraged to support their partners.

#123 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

couldnt agree more reference saturdays are for rugby, but why get the girls involved?

More to the point, why not????? :o

#124 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

i can see why i have been miss understood by my statement, Roughyedz, when i said why get the girls involved i was only referring to my own in an
attemed to be a little witty but that back fired on me, :blink:
i spent a season couching Wigan Ladies a few years back and to be honest i was suprised at the good standard.

after not missing a game for the best part of 21 seasons apart from a short spell in the forces (where i still played on leave) i havent missed a game during the winter,

last summer we took the kids away to Center parks were they enjoyed quad biking, fencing , canoeing, archery, climbing , ect
we also did a week in skegness doing similar things, followed by a few long weekend on various holiday parks in Blackpool and wales,
as you can see we planned our summer around good quality time around the kids, i also had to fit in the odd stag do,and my own trip abroud with the lads :D

so out of respect for my familly ( or truth be known, been told) i refuse to impose my hobby of amateur rugby on my family during the peak summer months,
the rest of the season she hasnt got a problem and saturdays are my own,although these often run into sunday morning :D

i dont think im the only familly man involved with rugby,

so no matter how much i enjoy playing/coaching and hopfully just watching now, i dont think i will be giving my summer up for the chance of a BBQ,
the Kids feel the same way over the bouncy castle,
when i told the wife someone posted BBQ and bouncy castle idea she actually started laughing and wouldnt believe me i had to show her the post. :lol: :lol:

i know i have ranted on a bit Roughyedz , but answer to your qeustion, no im no gave man,

Edited by sbull, 21 February 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#125 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I find that strange? Is there not a swear filter in place? I travel back through the forum and see many hash marks! I presume these are swear words? Methinks its not what you say, but who you say it to(or what your opinion is!) Strange how when people get a bit of power it goes to their heads,Oops, I'll probably get banned?

There is a swear word filter but people find inventive ways getting around it.

After a grand total of three posts I'm not sure how you could reach any conclusion about how frequently people get banned and for what reason.

#126 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

More to the point, why not????? Posted Image

Exactly my point Barbara.

Ive been to well over 40 NCL grounds over the years and every club has women helpers and supporters.
The clubs would be in dire staights without them.

Its great to see young women with children supporting their men and fathers and enjoying a good day out.
Better though in the summer season.

#127 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Exactly my point Barbara.

Ive been to well over 40 NCL grounds over the years and every club has women helpers and supporters.
The clubs would be in dire staights without them.

Its great to see young women with children supporting their men and fathers and enjoying a good day out.
Better though in the summer season.

I wish :lol:

#128 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

I suppose the wives/partners fall into three categories:-

The first group are the, "See you after your rugby,love"
The second group are the, " I will come down to the game later, love"
The third group are the, "You are not going to bloody rugby this week"

Anyone like to hazard a guess at the split? ;)
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#129 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I suppose the wives/partners fall into three categories:-

The first group are the, "See you after your rugby,love" 45%
The second group are the, " I will come down to the game later, love" 45%
The third group are the, "You are not going to bloody rugby this week" 10%

Anyone like to hazard a guess at the split? Posted Image

#130 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

well done, is this a winter servey or summer?

is this the servey set up base on the one you used for moving to summer, are was there more effert put into this one :D :D :D

#131 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Try this servey

Group one, of course i dont mind going to the wedding on my own love, you go play rugby,

Group two, of course the kids wont mind not going on holiday this year, just as long they can have a go on the bouncy castle, at the rugby club,

Group three , i dont mind you playing just as long we havent got anything planned

go on Longman, have a bit of fun just humour me and fill my servey out :D :D :D

Edited by sbull, 21 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#132 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think we can assume that you are the spokesman for the third group.

#133 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think we can assume that you are the spokesman for the third group.

Correct, i dont mind being called less of a man for putting my familly first, what group do you belong in ?

#134 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Sbull

Is a male chaevanist!
As for not missing a game in winter for 21 seasons dream on!!!

Summers here wake up n smell the cut grass n bbqs !!! Enjoy it in whatever capacity you can rather than just wing n moan about it!!!

#135 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Try this servey

Group one, of course i dont mind going to the wedding on my own love, you go play rugby,

Group two, of course the kids wont mind not going on holiday this year, just as long they can have a go on the bouncy castle, at the rugby club,

Group three , i dont mind you playing just as long we havent got anything planned

Group 2 - Brilliant :lol:

#136 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Correct, i dont mind being called less of a man for putting my familly first, what group do you belong in ?

I am not in any of your groups, I am in the group that has always discussed things and come up with an amicable solution. I, like most people who have been involved, have missed games through a more pressing engagement irrespective of the season played. At my age the most common event is a funeral which tends not to take place at weekends, we go on holiday generally mid week which doesn't take place at weekends. Our very occasional trips abroad in all seasons tend to cause me to lose my fix but such is life. I have just had a thought, do you and your wife discuss things or do you tend to answer, 'Yes love', before you have heard the question?

#137 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Try this servey

Group four, while your at rugby the gardener will be around :wub:
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#138 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Try this servey

go on Longman, have a bit of fun just humour me and fill my
servey out Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

My response as requested:-

Group1 Thats fine have a great day and i will see you at 6, or if you get finished early come down to the club.

Group 2 Dont worry about it, I had planned to take you away to the Caribean in Set/Oct as a suprise, thank for spoiling it.

Group 3 We have got things planned, the fixture list is out for the season

Thats called organisation and a happy medium.

#139 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Sbull

Is a male chaevanist!
As for not missing a game in winter for 21 seasons dream on!!!

Summers here wake up n smell the cut grass n bbqs !!! Enjoy it in whatever capacity you can rather than just wing n moan about it!!!

my statement should have read i missed more games this summer than in 21 years of winter so i do apologise, from memory i missed a game in 2004 because i got my dates wromg booking a holiday and i missed another one due to a mates wedding but cant think of any more at this point,
i have even traveled from wigan to newcastle on a friday on a stag do, enjoyed the evening traveled back to wigan on the saturday played a game then traveled back to newcasle for saturday nigth, so as you can see, i dont miss many winter games,

i can smell all the cut grass i want on my many days out with my family, the sooner poeple stop skoking it and realise summer habits are here to stay the better. :o

me a male chaevanist,?? dont think i need to defend this one

#140 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Can't really judge the pros & cons of playing summer rugby off the back of the second worst summer on record ........ hence -

Group 5

" Are you bloody mad ? , If you think I'm standing out in the hiss down rain all afternoon you've another thing coming ..... you need your head read " .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users