Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#141 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Group four, while your at rugby the gardener will be around Posted Image

Make sure he tidys up after hes finished so we can go out and spend the day together as a family.

Edited by LONGMAN, 22 February 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#142 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Can't really judge the pros & cons of playing summer rugby off the back of the second worst summer on record ........ hence -

Group 5

" Are you bloody mad ? , If you think I'm standing out in the hiss down rain all afternoon you've another thing coming ..... you need your head read " .

i never expected my wife to come and watch me in the rain, when you get married now the rules YOU MUST OBEY got removed from the vows i think,

like i said i,m no expert so please feel free to correct me,

Didnt the NCL launce a series of Summer divisions in 2009 but it faild to repeat the following year?

not sure but i think summer rugby started in the 1990 odd didnt it?

not a knew concept after all it would seam,

Edited by sbull, 22 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#143 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

i never expected my wife to come and watch me in the rain, when you get married now the rules YOU MUST OBEY got removed from the vows i think,

like i said i,m no expert so please feel free to correct me,

Didnt the NCL launce a series of Summer divisions in 2009 but it faild to repeat the following year?

not sure but i think summer rugby started in the 1990 odd didnt it?

not a knew concept after all it would seam,

If my memory serves me right a few clubs asked the league to run an interim summer competition, to give the clubs a chance to keep their players within the club instead of transfering to the RLC for the summer season.
This was at the end of the winter season, and the other clubs had a rest.
Only a handfull of clubs took up the offer (12 I think).
Milford beat Thatto Heath in the final at Leigh East.
You are right in saying that it was a one off, due to lack of clubs showing interest, but as well documented moved en mass last year.

#144 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

i can see why i have been miss understood by my statement, Roughyedz, when i said why get the girls involved i was only referring to my own in an
attemed to be a little witty but that back fired on me, :blink:
i spent a season couching Wigan Ladies a few years back and to be honest i was suprised at the good standard.

after not missing a game for the best part of 21 seasons apart from a short spell in the forces (where i still played on leave) i havent missed a game during the winter,

last summer we took the kids away to Center parks were they enjoyed quad biking, fencing , canoeing, archery, climbing , ect
we also did a week in skegness doing similar things, followed by a few long weekend on various holiday parks in Blackpool and wales,
as you can see we planned our summer around good quality time around the kids, i also had to fit in the odd stag do,and my own trip abroud with the lads :D

so out of respect for my familly ( or truth be known, been told) i refuse to impose my hobby of amateur rugby on my family during the peak summer months,
the rest of the season she hasnt got a problem and saturdays are my own,although these often run into sunday morning :D

i dont think im the only familly man involved with rugby,

so no matter how much i enjoy playing/coaching and hopfully just watching now, i dont think i will be giving my summer up for the chance of a BBQ,
the Kids feel the same way over the bouncy castle,
when i told the wife someone posted BBQ and bouncy castle idea she actually started laughing and wouldnt believe me i had to show her the post. :lol: :lol:

i know i have ranted on a bit Roughyedz , but answer to your qeustion, no im no gave man,

I should imagine your wife or partner was not to happy when in your words you were couching Wigan ladies a few years ago and that you were surprised at the standard!
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#145 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

i have a big sofa :lol:

#146 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Make sure he tidys up after hes finished so we can go out and spend the day together as a family.

I'm sure at the best after spending from 11am or 12am till 6pm or 7pm your kids will love going to the coast for fish and chips. (hope the Mrs can drive because I wouldn't like you to be caught DR10 after proping up the bar takings)
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#147 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

If my memory serves me right a few clubs asked the league to run an interim summer competition, to give the clubs a chance to keep their players within the club instead of transfering to the RLC for the summer season.
You are right in saying that it was a one off, due to lack of clubs showing interest, but as well documented moved en mass last year.

All within the RFL plans
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#148 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

You made a comment saying the top Pennine sides would not compete in the NCL premier, IMO they would and I made a point to point out that the Pennine premier sides have the same structure in place to keep their continuity going as well.

Seems that the Structure of the Premier Pennine clubs is not of the same standard of the NCL clubs with Queens only having 11 men against Sharlston and Slaithewaite Spartans and Dewsbury Moor game down as a walkover unless all the players were either on a stag do, a wedding or taking their families to the coast it would appear that winter Rugby is struggling at the highest level.

#149 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Seems that the Structure of the Premier Pennine clubs is not of the same standard of the NCL clubs with Queens only having 11 men against Sharlston and Slaithewaite Spartans and Dewsbury Moor game down as a walkover unless all the players were either on a stag do, a wedding or taking their families to the coast it would appear that winter Rugby is struggling at the highest level.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#150 Ranger12

Ranger12
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

of course it's struggling,the entire amateur game is,whether it be winter or summer

#151 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

so summer rugby was traild in 2009

didnt happen in 2010 due to lack of interest

NCL committee strogly recommended to its members to Vote summer in 2011

and we goven ourselves!!! there is a name for something or someone that someone else pulls the strings to make it move but i just cant think what it is,,,

#152 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

i would have chosen another team other than queens to poke fun at considering the NCL record against them over recent years, its a good job they dont use the same caoch company are it might of broke down,

#153 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

i would have chosen another team other than queens to poke fun at considering the NCL record against them over recent years, its a good job they dont use the same caoch company are it might of broke down,

I think he was haveing a go at Marauder there not queens.
Queens bateing has started on the community forum

#154 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Not have a poke at any team just a answer to the topic headline of which teams will finish the season! also having a go at the summer bashers on this forum that seem to think that all the problems within the game are because of the switch to summer Marauder stated that the winter pennine clubs have the same structure as the NCL clubs I was pointing out that they dont. you are also one of the summer bashers and once again you turn the topic around to suit your view. ie the Queens record against NCL clubs at what part of qoute did i say queens were not a top team as you say their record against NCL teams speaks volumes.

#155 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Not have a poke at any team just a answer to the topic headline of which teams will finish the season! also having a go at the summer bashers on this forum that seem to think that all the problems within the game are because of the switch to summer Marauder stated that the winter pennine clubs have the same structure as the NCL clubs I was pointing out that they dont. you are also one of the summer bashers and once again you turn the topic around to suit your view. ie the Queens record against NCL clubs at what part of qoute did i say queens were not a top team as you say their record against NCL teams speaks volumes.

Last summer NCL teams failed to fulfill there fixtures and NCL teams went and played short handed, Yer or No? those in glass houses shouldnt through stones,

i cant recall anyone on here stating all the problems with our game or through summer, many comments stating it hasnt helped,

#156 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Last summer NCL teams failed to fulfill there fixtures and NCL teams went and played short handed, Yer or No? those in glass houses shouldnt through stones,

i cant recall anyone on here stating all the problems with our game or through summer, many comments stating it hasnt helped,

Who failed to fulfill their fixtures.

#157 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Who failed to fulfill their fixtures.

the team who got penalised and demoted, although completed on the 2nd attempt wich doesnt happen in the regionals,

Edited by sbull, 25 February 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#158 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Wasn't there a number of teams relegated for failing to fulfill fixtures? not counting coach breakdowns, obviously

#159 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Wasn't there a number of teams relegated for failing to fulfill fixtures? not counting coach breakdowns, obviously

#160 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

The game has got many problems across the board not just at open age but even we are expeirencing problems at Junior level .

Is it a coincidence that its since the wholesale move to Summer ?

The main problem is that the powers that be will not admit we have problems just mask the issues when challenged .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users