Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#161 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Seems that the Structure of the Premier Pennine clubs is not of the same standard of the NCL clubs with Queens only having 11 men against Sharlston and Slaithewaite Spartans and Dewsbury Moor game down as a walkover unless all the players were either on a stag do, a wedding or taking their families to the coast it would appear that winter Rugby is struggling at the highest level.

How many Normanton open aged players travelled to (I think) Saddleworth last season, how many `A` team games got played mid week so clubs could fulfil fixtures.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#162 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Not have a poke at any team just a answer to the topic headline of which teams will finish the season! also having a go at the summer bashers on this forum that seem to think that all the problems within the game are because of the switch to summer Marauder stated that the winter pennine clubs have the same structure as the NCL clubs I was pointing out that they dont. you are also one of the summer bashers and once again you turn the topic around to suit your view. ie the Queens record against NCL clubs at what part of qoute did i say queens were not a top team as you say their record against NCL teams speaks volumes.

Without looking back, which are the two teams in the Pennine Premier who don't run `A` teams?

#163 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wasn't there a number of teams relegated for failing to fulfill fixtures? not counting coach breakdowns, obviously

Bet diesel engines don't run as well in the summer.

The game has got many problems across the board not just at open age but even we are expeirencing problems at Junior level .

Is it a coincidence that its since the wholesale move to Summer ?

The main problem is that the powers that be will not admit we have problems just mask the issues when challenged .

Maybe the problem will not be admitted because the powers that be have crossed the line and point of no return, from the feed back I'm getting clubs have started to wake up to what has actually happened, the problem they have is not having the same high standard (over all) available back in the winter at the moment, if it's made available and this summer season is the same success as last season I'd expect a little bit of movement.

#164 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

There are lots of people with egg on there faces over all this summer nonsense! Many continue to dig the whole deeper! The WHOLE of the game is suffering due to the flag ship comp(ncl) moving to summer! Back to the original thread, St Cuthberts(couldn't raise a team for friendly at home on Saturday, Leigh East turned up!)

#165 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Dont think its fair to put all the blame on the NCL they where manipulated like a lot of others , but the tide is turning slowly and many are now starting to question the motives .

#166 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Bet diesel engines don't run as well in the summer.
Maybe the problem will not be admitted because the powers that be have crossed the line and point of no return, from the feed back I'm getting clubs have started to wake up to what has actually happened, the problem they have is not having the same high standard (over all) available back in the winter at the moment, if it's made available and this summer season is the same success as last season I'd expect a little bit of movement.

Who are these clubs giving you feedback becuase it seems mainly you and S Bull are the ones moaing about summer.

There are some rpoblems with summer but Winter had its own problems which others on here seem to forget, if soo many teams as you imply are unhappy with summer why arent they talking to otehr NCL and asking for a change, i know the NCL have said it is a 3 year agreement but if the majority of clubs said they wanted to go back to winter the pennine league would suddenly the best comp to play in.

#167 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

As I was the person who started this thread I am pleased it has provoked some lively discussion. I just hope that once the new NCL season starts and if there are apparent problems with some teams raising a full team including subs ( I think there will be a problem with players staying with their winter teams and having other commitments). The league must then accept there is an ongoing issue and quickly get the clubs together for discussion as to how to address the situation.
Some long established clubs will struggle for players and financially due to a lack of enthusiasm from players and supporters for summer, a fact discussed last season and during the winter among many supporters and club officials who are very worried about players availability and income. Although some people are in denial the quality of the league is reduced, as is support and general enthusiasm. I do agree some clubs may be doing ok but talking to people who have supported the game for years all is not well with many long established clubs and it may well get worse if the problems are not addressed. Letting it rumble on for this season and the next will further ruin what was a tremendous league in its winter format.

Edited by chinaman, 26 February 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#168 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Excellent post China , I share your sentiments .

#169 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Thanks Taxi

Probably see you on Saturday seeing as cricket and bowling has`nt started yet !!! Still winter up here in the Pennines. :)

Edited by chinaman, 27 February 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#170 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Behind the sticks Welch Mill end with my free bacon barm off Maxwell :lol: or probably a free horse burger !!!!!!!!

#171 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Weathers good all over! No rain for a week! Wonder what the excuses for failed fixtures in the flag ship competition are today? I know of at least one game not on!

#172 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Weathers good all over! No rain for a week! Wonder what the excuses for failed fixtures in the flag ship competition are today? I know of at least one game not on!

What game didn't go on?

#173 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

What game didn't go on?

They all went ahead as planned. He's a troll....

Couple of worrying scores but otherwise a more than decent launch to our season.

Took in the Cuthbert's v Coventry game myself.

Great match.

A more street wise Wigan side got the result but the Midlands side learned a lot. Welcome to real rugby Coventry . I doubt that you will give away many points at home. Enjoy the journey.....

#174 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Couple of worrying scores but otherwise a more than decent launch to our season.

Great match.

A more street wise Wigan side got the result but the Midlands side learned a lot. Welcome to real rugby Coventry . I doubt that you will give away many points at home. Enjoy the journey.....

Great match.

How Did Cuthberts reserve teame get on, did they win?

#175 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

What's going with Peterlee? Playing standards surely need to be looked at

#176 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Great match.

I don't think they all went ahead as planned! Don't think peterlee planned a 100+ tonking? Plenty of other massive one sided scores! Standards in the flag ship comp slipping, peter lee won't be the only side not to see the season out! St cuthberts second string beat Coventry! Obviously only allowing quality sides to enter ncl eh peter?

#177 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I know of at least one game not on!

Before we get onto high scores in a couple of the twenty four games why don't you enlighten us as to which game was not on.. Further to that your 'at least one ' suggests you have information about others not on.
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#178 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Sounds like a great start to the season with some excellant games, lets hope that Peterlee Pumas can bounce back and improve in the next few weeks wouldnt it be great if we could talk about the players and performances more often....
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#179 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sounds like a great start to the season with some excellant games, lets hope that Peterlee Pumas can bounce back and improve in the next few weeks wouldnt it be great if we could talk about the players and performances more often....

Great game at Woolston v Huddersfield, 2 great teams on display with I'm sure plenty of improvement in them, Woolston just snatched it in last 10mins, 28-24

#180 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

My team (Seaton) played Underbank in last years challenge cup and they were a very good team, the perception in Cumbria is Kells will romp Division three but with Woolston, Underbank, Pilkington Recs in there its going to be a competitive division
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer