RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Championship Sponsor

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

@RLMeltdown well worth a read again...

Jesus, what are the RL intelligentsia coming out with now?

#42 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm a Strongbow or Magners drinker by trade but am willing to have a few of these by way of support.

Try some of the smaller brands like this one, 'bow and Magners (entirely made up name btw, the brewery in Clonmel is Bulmer's Ireland) are like battery acid by comparison.

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Classic RL response.

http://astonmanor.co...ingstone-press/

Posted Image

I better not say I'll nip to Morrisons and see if I can find any to try then.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

They're responsible for Stowford Press, I believe, which is delicious.

I was thinking that I'd never heard of them, which seemed quite odd as the 2nd biggest UK cider producer, even if I rarely drink the stuff myself. Maybe I have though, as Stowford Press is the cider on tap in my local. B)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#45 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Try some of the smaller brands like this one, 'bow and Magners (entirely made up name btw, the brewery in Clonmel is Bulmer's Ireland) are like battery acid by comparison.

Yeah I know all that but I've tried lots of them and somehow still prefer the more commercial ones. I'd like to drink Old Scrotums Scrumpy to be more cred but just don't like them....

#46 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Kingstone Press? Sounds like the local newspaper from Midsummer Murders
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#47 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,564 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Jesus, what are the RL intelligentsia coming out with now?

Just goes to show the lack of creativity in Private Eyes 'Message Board' column. They're just copying actual posts. :D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#48 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

RFL Press Release

Kingstone Press Cider to sponsor Rugby League Championships

The RFL are delighted to announce that Kingstone Press Cider will become the official title sponsor of the Championship and Championship One competitions for the next two seasons.

The 2013 Kingstone Press Championships kicked off last weekend and will climax in the all-action Finals Day on Sunday September 29.

Kingstone Press Cider is the major brand of Aston Manor Cider, the second largest cider maker in the UK, and will also be an official partner of the England Rugby League team.

The partnership will see the popular cider brand gain exposure via in-stadia perimeter and programme advertising, a television broadcast presence on Premier Sports and a high profile on the Kingstone Press Championships website during the most geographically diverse Rugby League campaign in history.

Kingstone Press will also invest a significant budget to work with the RFL and Championships clubs to promote their brand, the competitions, the sport and England Rugby League.

With three new clubs – Hemel Stags, Oxford and University of Gloucestershire All Golds - joining the professional ranks for the first time and both Championship and Championship One undergoing a restructuring process for 2013, Kingstone Cider will play an integral role in widening the competition’s exposure in new and existing regions.

RFL Chief Operating Officer Ralph Rimmer said: “We are delighted to welcome Kingstone Press Cider and Aston Manor on board as the official title sponsor of the 2013 Championships.

“This exciting competition continues to grow in stature and with a new geographical footprint for 2013, it’s clear that it has become an even more attractive commercial proposition.

“Every year the Championships deliver some of the most enthralling and enjoyable action in British sport, with the competition’s Grand Finals day a true highlight in the Rugby League calendar, and I am sure fans can expect even more entertainment with the Kingstone Press Championships.”

Aston Manor Cider Managing Director Gordon Johncox said: “We are excited to have joined the Rugby League family and eager to work with the RFL as they look to extend the appeal and audience for such a great sport.

“Kingstone Press is an important brand for Aston Manor, and a quality product with considerable potential. It is testament to our faith in the brand and what can be delivered by working with the RFL that we have committed a record level of investment with this announcement.”

Kingstone Press are the latest company to join Rugby League’s expanded partnership and sponsorship portfolio for 2013 following on from Heinz, Foxy Bingo, Rhino Rugby, Marriott Hotels and Tetley’s.

RFL Commercial Director James Mercer said: “Our growing stable of commercial partners testifies to the appeal of Rugby League and it’s well deserved reputation as a sport which consistently delivers added value.

“We are looking forward to working with Kingstone Press to enhance the profile of both brands over the next few years and to announcing more exciting partnerships in the weeks to come.”

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

@RLMeltdown well worth a read again...

It might be fun to try get on there...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Just goes to show the lack of creativity in Private Eyes 'Message Board' column. They're just copying actual posts. :D

Great stuff guys!
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#51 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

can't beleive there on about moveing the final away from blackpool ?? and to salford could there have been a bit of a sweetner to doctor whoever you buy salford and the rfl will give you the nrl cup final to give you some money back through renting the ground and beer sales ??? only a thought why not in yorkshire seems were the only teams that get to finals anyway

#52 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

only a thought why not in yorkshire seems were the only teams that get to finals anyway

I think the numbers are slightly stacked in Yorkshire's favour in tha regard, don't you?!

Shame that such positive news about the sponsorship comes alongside the NRC leaving Blackpool and further dual registration nonsense.

#53 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was thinking that I'd never heard of them, which seemed quite odd as the 2nd biggest UK cider producer, even if I rarely drink the stuff myself. Maybe I have though, as Stowford Press is the cider on tap in my local. B)

Stowford Press is a rival brand (though is pretty good!).

Kingsford Press looks good though. No morrisons round our way though.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#54 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Stowford Press is a rival brand (though is pretty good!).

Kingsford Press looks good though. No morrisons round our way though.

Kingstone. Careful. You'll get Featherford fans onto you.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#55 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Ciders for girls
- bogbrush.

#56 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ciders for girls
- bogbrush.

Good. More women in to the game.

- toilet roll holder.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#57 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

The Wurzels to play the GF. Nailed on.

#58 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Good. More women in to the game.

- toilet roll holder.

well, it IS the Championship after all. I mean, Its not as if its SuperLeague. :o

#59 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

well, it IS the Championship after all. I mean, Its not as if its SuperLeague. :o

Indeed, whatwhatwhat.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#60 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hey they're the same people that do 'Frosty Jacks'.

I remember on my birthday my mate gave me a giant (plastic) bottle of that as a present. Apparently it costs sod all from Tesco. Anyway within 10 minutes I was completely out of it. When walking to a nightclub I saw two tramps drinking it too, so sat down beside them and we drank together.

It really is the best, cheapest drink for getting absolutely ######d. Though it does taste a bit like ######. In fact it smelt and looked like my p.iss at the time so it might well of gone straight through me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users