Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Just one change for Hull Fc

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Ben Crooks only change to Hull FC line up for match with Bradford Bulls on Friday, hopefully this means we will be able to play the same 5 DR lads as last weekend should we want them.

#2 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

is this what it's all about now?can't wait for wednesday to see who's in our parent clubs squad . laughable
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#3 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

is this what it's all about now?can't wait for wednesday to see who's in our parent clubs squad . laughable

Do one

#4 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Do one

why? am i not entitled to an opinion?

#5 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I feel the same in a way, but that's the way we've gone and we have to get on with it. I reckon in a year a few of these Hull lads will be ours full time, so just see this as us getting a look at some future Knights signings and its not so bad.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#6 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's a very difficult tight rope for Championship clubs to tread with regards to DR. It seem obvious, for several reasons, that the majority of clubs havn't got enough money to put together a squad that can compete with the top five teams, and with the fear of been relegated to the graveyard that is Championship one, they have embraced the concept of DR. I for one find it a very bitter pill to swallow that the Knights need to have 5 Hull players in their 17 to be able to compete. If the DR rules had an age limit of say 23 and under then helping to bring on younger players may just be acceptable but to have star named SL players playing the odd game to gain match fitness, like the two props at Hunslet*, then I'm afraid it makes a mockery of the league competition.

*Not a dig at Hunslet, just using as the latest example.

Edited by Shadow45, 06 February 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#7 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

It's a very difficult tight rope for Championship clubs to tread with regards to DR. It seem obvious, for several reasons, that the majority of clubs havn't got enough money to put together a squad that can compete with the top five teams, and with the fear of been relegated to the graveyard that is Championship one, they have embraced the concept of DR. I for one find it a very bitter pill to swallow that the Knights need to have 5 Hull players in their 17 to be able to compete. If the DR rules had an age limit of say 23 and under then helping to bring on younger players may just be acceptable but to have star named SL players playing the odd game to gain match fitness, like the two props at Hunslet*, then I'm afraid it makes a mockery of the league competition.

*Not a dig at Hunslet, just using as the latest example.

Shadow as a hunslet fan I'd prefer to have hood and keinhorst in the squad on Sunday rather than the 2 props. This is gonna rumble on all season I'm afraid pal
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#8 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

It is Maccca-6 and that's the biggest shame of all, with all the "hostility" between the clubs, did it feel strange cheering on a Leeds player as he scored a try for Hunslet? I'm off to my first game of the season on Sunday and I have a strange uncomftable feeling that I'll find it an odd experiance of hopefully watching a Knights team win that isn't a Knights team.

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

To be fair shadow the whole team played so well as a unit it didn't really feel weird at all. But with the 2 being young lads made a hell of a difference, there's no way I'd cheer glass back bailey or sinfield in a hunslet shirt. But that's just me i suppose

#10 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Don't think it is Maccca-6, young lads gaining experience I can just about understand, but seasoned SL pro's getting game time, I'm sorry I can't, still I'll see how I feel on Sunday.

#11 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Don't think it is Maccca-6, young lads gaining experience I can just about understand, but seasoned SL pro's getting game time, I'm sorry I can't, still I'll see how I feel on Sunday.

I agree with you mate. Like I say it made a difference with them being young so they're here to get experience. I hate Leigh sporting village so fortunately I won't be there to watch the other 2 play for us

#12 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Didn't Swinton have Paul Wood playing for them last week.
Another SL Prop who Warrington wanted to give game time.
Wonder if we'll get Mr Ellis for a game before Hull put him back inn.

#13 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Didn't Swinton have Paul Wood playing for them last week.
Another SL Prop who Warrington wanted to give game time.
Wonder if we'll get Mr Ellis for a game before Hull put him back inn.

I for one, hope not. But I dare say the club would love it, it could add numbers to the gate. This DR system is a very emotive subject that seems to have divided supporters of all clubs!

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Got to admit I have a lot of respect for gav me and him went on for weeks about where this system could and maybe would go. He stood up last week and admitted he was wrong. The debate wasn't about who would be wrong or right. We both care about RL and its clubs .But it was more do with our game and where this system may take it. I have always feared for this league and its clubs with these systems. especially more so now with these systems getting more and more out of hand week in and week out.

#15 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

why? am i not entitled to an opinion?

Yes but hasn't the DR thing been exhausted now ?
Just let people get on with and enjoy watching rugby now !
Didn't mean to take it out on you but everyone is at it not just us and hunslet ?
Can't people just give it a rest ? 😬

#16 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Didn't mean to take it out on you but everyone is at it not just us and hunslet ?
Can't people just give it a rest ?

That's the problem badger24, it's going to drag on all season and spoil some peoples enjoyment of the game

#17 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

That's the problem badger24, it's going to drag on all season and spoil some peoples enjoyment of the game

Think I'll stick to twitter people talk more sense on there !!!!!!'
I enjoy the game and my club not reading people moaning about it !!

#18 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Can't people just give it a rest ?

not moaning just stating a fact. i will still be there on sunday

#19 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I feel the same in a way, but that's the way we've gone and we have to get on with it. I reckon in a year a few of these Hull lads will be ours full time, so just see this as us getting a look at some future Knights signings and its not so bad.

Totally agree - think it maybe Briscoe for Bowden this week, as long as we are getting the same 100% commitment
from all the Hull lads as shown by Tom Lineham last Sunday, I will be more than happy.

#20 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Totally agree - think it maybe Briscoe for Bowden this week, as long as we are getting the same 100% commitment
from all the Hull lads as shown by Tom Lineham last Sunday, I will be more than happy.

Let's get these DR lads singing from the same hymn book and hopefully we will see the quality that comes from them. :rolleyes: