Just one change for Hull Fc

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

The RFL has been informed by the UK Border Agency that under the terms of his visa, Kylie Leuluai of Leeds Rhinos is unable to play for Hunslet Hawks as a dual-registered player.

#22 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Apparently the RFL are lobbying the UK border agency to change it so overseas players can be dual-registered. This is what was intended all along obviously, spin the punters the line of it being about youth development then chuck in one or two players to gain fitness for the odd match. It totally devalues the competition but that doesn't matter one bit to the likes of Leeds & Warrington.

I've seen that Ade Gardner might be turning out for Whitehaven this weekend, why change a winning side just to accomodate some SL player who doesn't really need the experience? Keighley have now signed up with Cas, not to borrow a few young lads for the season, no, to take experienced players only for the odd game. Marchy even said, all excitedly “We’re not just going to bring in some of their under-20s squad, it’s going to be people out of their first-team squad, One of them has got well over 100 Super Leagues games under his belt" Brilliant is that Paul, well done!

As long as we do it with young lads from Hull in the name of development, I'm happy but the minute Hull start taking the ###### and ask us to give a run out to experienced players then I'll really struggle to justify supporting the club.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#23 firebasher

firebasher
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

"It totally devalues the competition but that doesn't matter one bit to the likes of Leeds & Warrington", or York, or Hunslet, or Swinton, or Dewsbury, or Batley or any of the other soul sellers, as long as it's not us who are relegated, ***k you Jack, I'm asbestos !!. What a sad state the game is now in !

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Apparently the RFL are lobbying the UK border agency to change it so overseas players can be dual-registered. This is what was intended all along obviously, spin the punters the line of it being about youth development then chuck in one or two players to gain fitness for the odd match. It totally devalues the competition but that doesn't matter one bit to the likes of Leeds & Warrington.

I've seen that Ade Gardner might be turning out for Whitehaven this weekend, why change a winning side just to accomodate some SL player who doesn't really need the experience? Keighley have now signed up with Cas, not to borrow a few young lads for the season, no, to take experienced players only for the odd game. Marchy even said, all excitedly “We’re not just going to bring in some of their under-20s squad, it’s going to be people out of their first-team squad, One of them has got well over 100 Super Leagues games under his belt" Brilliant is that Paul, well done!

As long as we do it with young lads from Hull in the name of development, I'm happy but the minute Hull start taking the ###### and ask us to give a run out to experienced players then I'll really struggle to justify supporting the club.

Spot on Simon. I never had a problem with the DR when it was SL youngsters getting a game I'm all for that to improve the youngsters game. But I knew it wouldn't stop their like I discussed with gav and to be honest Simon I don't think it will stop with just one or two first teamers from SL clubs either. I think before you know it you will have at least 5 first teamers from SL clubs in every link up club. Hope I'm wrong but I've always thought this is a recipe for disaster for the champ clubs. Also I hear saints are making haven play ade Gardner at the weekend and haven have no choice but to play him I guess this will start happening with all the link up clubs before long.

Edited by thundergaz, 08 February 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#25 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I've seen that Ade Gardner might be turning out for Whitehaven this weekend, why change a winning side just to accomodate some SL player who doesn't really need the experience?

The winger who played last week for Whitehaven is not available.Neither is Foran,who was injured last week,so a young prop from Saints will replace him.

#26 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

The winger who played last week for Whitehaven is not available.Neither is Foran,who was injured last week,so a young prop from Saints will replace him.

Have Saints not got any wingers under 23 that would benefit from the experience?

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hull unchanged this week. Should be good to see Tom Lineham flying down that famous LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium slope on Sunday...

B)
Posted Image

#28 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hull unchanged this week. Should be good to see Tom Lineham flying down that famous LoveRugbyLeague.com Stadium slope on Sunday...

B)

See Arundel is in the 19 for Hull.

#29 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

See Arundel is in the 19 for Hull.

He was last week as well John.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#30 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

He was last week as well John.

O.K. thanks.

#31 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

B)

#32 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

think made need sledge if this keeps up
B)

#33 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

It's ok it's gonna rain soon so he will be swimming and he's quick at that too 😉😉

#34 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Have Saints not got any wingers under 23 that would benefit from the experience?

The Saints have another agreement with Rochdale/Hornets/the club who play at Spotland - where the former Under 20's coach Ian Talbot has been appointed head coach and they have the opportunity to select some Saints youngsters.
Anyway,bit of a volte-face by your club from the not so distant past http://www.yorkpress...rd_loan_u_turn/

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Anyway,bit of a volte-face by your club from the not so distant past http://www.yorkpress...rd_loan_u_turn/

How?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users