Experienced duo join on Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hunslet Hawks can confirm the arrival of Leeds Rhinos duo Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore on dual registration.

Both props were not included in Brian McDermott’s 19 man squad for last Friday’s season opening win over Hull FC and will now join up with Barry Eaton’s squad ahead of our trip to Leigh this weekend. They will join Liam Hood at the club however Jimmy Keinhorst has been recalled to the Rhinos this week.

The young German international scored two tries on his Hunslet debut last Sunday in our win over Barrow and has been called back to the Rhinos following the ankle injury suffered by winger Joe Vickery in the Hull game.

Commenting on the arrangement Leeds Rhinos Head Coach Brian McDermott said, “Both Kylie and Richard have had very little game time so far this season after operations in the close season and they will not be in contention for Sunday’s game at Castleford. The dual registration process allows them to join up with a confident Hunslet squad after their great win over Barrow last week and in return we are able to bring Jimmy Keinhorst ready to go after his run out last week.”

Director of Rugby Darren Williams said "As part of the partnership its pleasing from my point of view that Jimmy Keinhorst has earned a recall to the Rhinos first time squad through his form last Sunday on debut for us. Obviously this now opens the door for one of our squad to fill his shoes and were delighted to welcome Kylie and Richard into our squad for what will be a tough fixture at Leigh on Sunday and indeed the challenges ahead."

#2 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

This is so wrong,you are now officially a feeder club in my eyes.

Thought this deal was to bring thru the young ones.

Just my opinion

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

well there you go... the true feeder system kicks in

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

well there you go... the true feeder system kicks in

Don't really agree with this as come Sunday following a good win 2 of the 4 props who played Sunday will miss out!!!
Not fair and how disappointed will they feel??

#5 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

It's a complete joke and shows you what a farce rugby league is.

#6 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

We could'nt compete with the big teams in this league without doing this , but i never wanted Hunslet to go down this route , whats already been said is already happening , 2 games in and this could #### alot of players off , they might end up finding other clubs and then where would we be , we all know there better players but it dose'nt make it right.........

#7 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

get ready for this topic to explode into all out war :lol: :lol: :lol:
chappy

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

So we now have wire reserves and rhinos reserves in our league I see. It's getting beyond funny now. But to be honest I don't really care it won't effect us unless the 2 teams have a full squad of SL first teamers. Just hope half our league doesn't disappear that's all then like our under 23s we won't have any teams to play against.

Edited by thundergaz, 06 February 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

So we now have wire reserves and rhinos reserves in our league I see. It's getting beyond funny now. But to be honest I don't really care it won't effect us unless the 2 teams have a full squad of SL first teamers. Just hope half our league doesn't disappear that's all then like our under 23s we won't have any teams to play against.

Don't worry you'll be getting hammered every week in super league soon so it won't be your problem
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#10 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thing is which poor lads are going to miss out to make way for these 2??

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Don't worry you'll be getting hammered every week in super league soon so it won't be your problem

You could be right but then you might be our feeder club when the rhinos get fed up with their new toy😄😄😄

#12 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

You could be right but then you might be our feeder club when the rhinos get fed up with their new toy😄😄😄

I'm as unhappy about this dual reg as any other rl fan but clubs like hunslet simply can't afford to turn down the quality of player offered to us. I was under the illusion we'd get 4 player on loan for the season tho and not mix max every week

#13 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

We have a 30 man squad anyway, only 17 make the grade, players miss out all the time, it's nothing new

I don't like the dual reg system, but it's there to be used

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm as unhappy about this dual reg as any other rl fan but clubs like hunslet simply can't afford to turn down the quality of player offered to us. I was under the illusion we'd get 4 player on loan for the season tho and not mix max every week

I agree macca. For me its not the clubs DRing first team SL players I don't mind that to be honest as long as it doesn't go over 5 like swinton have. It's more to do with where the system is heading Leeds are a rich club what's to stop them buying hunslet out and making the hunslet team their reserve squad? I know its far fetched but I honestly can see something along these lines happening in the future.

#15 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

The way clubs and the RFL have ied to us and denied it would see a feeder system is a disgrace. For me its just killed the Championship. Whats to stop Hunslet or any other feeder club playing 4 SL players to get in to the top 8 or to get a home draw the last game of the season if Leeds have a game they dont need to win? What about the playoffs say if >Leeds are knocked out could Hunslet use Sinfield, Burrows etc?

#16 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I agree macca. For me its not the clubs DRing first team SL players I don't mind that to be honest as long as it doesn't go over 5 like swinton have. It's more to do with where the system is heading Leeds are a rich club what's to stop them buying hunslet out and making the hunslet team their reserve squad? I know its far fetched but I honestly can see something along these lines happening in the future.

I agree with a lot that's been said on Facebook about there being an age limit for dual reg say 24-25?!? We shouldn't be used to get whinos players fit. I was over the moon with just having hood and keinhorst last sun and was hoping it was just gonna stay at the 2 but I don't run the club

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

The way clubs and the RFL have ied to us and denied it would see a feeder system is a disgrace. For me its just killed the Championship. Whats to stop Hunslet or any other feeder club playing 4 SL players to get in to the top 8 or to get a home draw the last game of the season if Leeds have a game they dont need to win? What about the playoffs say if >Leeds are knocked out could Hunslet use Sinfield, Burrows etc?

RFL , Red Hall , they change the rules at every chance they get , since P + R was done away with the games been in decline ( not according to Gav ) i've just seen rugby as a day out now and nothing else , and this just proves it......

#18 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm not panicking just yet as the thought was there would always be 4 players around the squad.

My view is that it does need to be regulated in terms of how many feature in the match day 17. I'd go with 2, 3 at a push.

It's only the second game of the season so I'm willing to see how things develop. One thing for sure is our lads are going to improve playing alongside quality players. As well as the 2 d/r lads played on Sunday there were 15 others who matched them.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#19 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Have to say I think the link up is a good thing for Hunslet bit wary about using established SL players for one or two games but not for one minute can Fans of clubs who have used dual regs players or other teams who spent fortunes on big name players only to go bust and get begging bowls out should be telling us how we should be doing things if Barry Eaton is happy with it then who am I to argue with him
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#20 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

there was nothing stopping leeds buying hunslet last year, the year before or 5 years ago etc. the new dual reg system doesn't make a difference, so really can't see where people are coming from on this front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users