Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Experienced duo join on Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

No problem for me--- if these moves keep us in the Championship, well thats good for us. Our younger players can only learn from them.

#22 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

The quicker the rfl & clubs stop calling it dual reg & start calling it a feeder team system the better!! Just 1 game in and Leeds already take a player back and send 2 regular first teamers to shake a bit of rust off... I said it before and I'm afraid this just confirms my fears that Hunslet have / will shortly become Rhinos 2nd team/ feeder team... the rfl, Leeds & fellow super league clubs are getting what they want while championship clubs get to field super league a team players... its a similar case to the rich getting richer and the poorer... we all know. I agree with the comment that there were 15 players that matched the 2 dual reg players but unfortunately for the next couple of weeks 2 of them are gonna have to miss out until Leeds decide to call back their big boys & send another lot over...

#23 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I agree totally with Gaz. Rugby league is a complete joke of a sport.

#24 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

The quicker the rfl & clubs stop calling it dual reg & start calling it a feeder team system the better!! Just 1 game in and Leeds already take a player back and send 2 regular first teamers to shake a bit of rust off... I said it before and I'm afraid this just confirms my fears that Hunslet have / will shortly become Rhinos 2nd team/ feeder team... the rfl, Leeds & fellow super league clubs are getting what they want while championship clubs get to field super league a team players... its a similar case to the rich getting richer and the poorer... we all know. I agree with the comment that there were 15 players that matched the 2 dual reg players but unfortunately for the next couple of weeks 2 of them are gonna have to miss out until Leeds decide to call back their big boys & send another lot over...

So what's your answer then???
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#25 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

So what's your answer then???

Like I say stop the cloak & daggers, its not dual reg they want the championship to be sl feeder clubs, just like in aus, just like they want everything the same as aus!!

#26 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Last season we looked and played like Barrow did last Sunday. To get relegated this season would be a total disaster , and could well be the end of our club.
No matter what it takes to stay up , we should take the help from Leeds or anybody for that matter.
Other clubs are doing this anyway , even Leigh did last year, with Wigan players and no-one said anything then.

#27 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well at least Fev never sold Kyle Briggs to Bradford and Zak Hardaker to Leeds with the proviso that the SL clubs could then loan the players back when not needed and also Andy Ellis who played for Fev one week and Wakey the next and the same with Jack Briscoe, because Fev are holier than thou and would never stoop to doing such a thing.................................or would they?
Posted Image

#28 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I take it keinhorst can still come back

#29 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

After being upbeat after sunday, this has left a sickening feeling.It becomes no different to Bramley, why are we getting a overseas player on D/R?

Do the players deserve to be dropped after sunday performance? What has moore done to deserve a starting spot? His last game was against us, and it was not great!!!. If he plays, it shows we are getting dictated on who plays.

Reading the other threads, both Swinton & York teams were disjointed with the high influx of D/R players. Paul Wood turned up for swinton & put a half hearted performance in, They treaed itt as a friendly/ exhibition match.

It's amazing whats happened to Rugby League, teams have been running for over a hundred years, running reserve teams, and now they receive the most money ever received £1.6m and they can no longer afford to run them.

#30 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Have to say I think the link up is a good thing for Hunslet bit wary about using established SL players for one or two games but not for one minute can Fans of clubs who have used dual regs players or other teams who spent fortunes on big name players only to go bust and get begging bowls out should be telling us how we should be doing things if Barry Eaton is happy with it then who am I to argue with him

Spot on . I totally agree !!

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Well at least Fev never sold Kyle Briggs to Bradford and Zak Hardaker to Leeds with the proviso that the SL clubs could then loan the players back when not needed and also Andy Ellis who played for Fev one week and Wakey the next and the same with Jack Briscoe, because Fev are holier than thou and would never stoop to doing such a thing.................................or would they?

Totally different though isn't it? We brought DR players in to cover injuries not to stay in this league etc. Also Leeds tried to tell us when and where to play Zak and DP said no thanks you can have him back. I don't mind the system if its used properly I've stated that many times. These systems won't effect us it won't make any difference to us the only thing these systems are going to hurt is the champ clubs. Ok you stay up using this system next season Leeds say we kept you in this league last season you owe us one etc play him this week etc eaton says no Leeds say we kept you up see where this is going?

#32 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Last season we looked and played like Barrow did last Sunday. To get relegated this season would be a total disaster , and could well be the end of our club.
No matter what it takes to stay up , we should take the help from Leeds or anybody for that matter.
Other clubs are doing this anyway , even Leigh did last year, with Wigan players and no-one said anything then.

"could well be the end of our club". Bingo,you almost got it.

It is the end.

#33 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Played one, won one, that's all that matters to me!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#34 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Played one, won one, that's all that matters to me!

That's sad.

Are you a Man Utd fan?

#35 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Do the players deserve to be dropped after sunday performance? What has moore done to deserve a starting spot? His last game was against us, and it was not great!!!. If he plays, it shows we are getting dictated on who plays.

no it doesn't, it shows that barry eaton thinks moore is a better option than the other players available; which he should be, he's played close to 200 super league games.

p.s.
super league clubs don't get 1.6 million

#36 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Totally different though isn't it? We brought DR players in to cover injuries not to stay in this league etc. Also Leeds tried to tell us when and where to play Zak and DP said no thanks you can have him back.

so you lot keep saying, bit strange that the week you sent him back he found himself playing super league in the position that you lot claim Leeds didn't want him playing....

#37 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

One simple target for 2013, stay in the Championship at all costs and push for a play off position, as long as we pick the team, retain our identity and run our club and keep making the right decisions for our club that's all that counts and its mine and Barry's problem to manage our own players and the situations that arise from the influx of dual reg players.

I for one am excited about the calibre of player we have available for as long as we have them and if its within the rules then lets use it to our advantage, 12 months ago Leeds wouldn't send us a steward never mind a promising junior or a seasoned pro and its not costing the club a penny.

I call that an amazing turn around as going to Hemel on a Sunday is not an option.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#38 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Complete and utter pi_$$ take.

You (and Swinton) do not deserve to stay up doing it this way, this is not the Hunslet team, it's the Rhinos Reserves.

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Complete and utter pi_$$ take.

You (and Swinton) do not deserve to stay up doing it this way, this is not the Hunslet team, it's the Rhinos Reserves.

We've only ever used 2 dual reg players. How many have you lot used doylum, you really are thick as fu*k
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#40 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

One simple target for 2013, stay in the Championship at all costs and push for a play off position, as long as we pick the team, retain our identity and run our club and keep making the right decisions for our club that's all that counts and its mine and Barry's problem to manage our own players and the situations that arise from the influx of dual reg players.

I for one am excited about the calibre of player we have available for as long as we have them and if its within the rules then lets use it to our advantage, 12 months ago Leeds wouldn't send us a steward never mind a promising junior or a seasoned pro and its not costing the club a penny.

I call that an amazing turn around as going to Hemel on a Sunday is not an option.

But your identity is fading,can't you see this ?