Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Experienced duo join on Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#41 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

We've only ever used 2 dual reg players. How many have you lot used doylum, you really are thick as fu*k

Last one I can remember was a young Wakey prop in 2011, not a couple of seasoned pros in need of a bit of game time

#42 ProBono

ProBono
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

I was under the impression that Kylie Leuluai's visa only allowed him to play for Leeds Rhinos.
Wigan haven't Dual Reg. any of their players over here on sporting visas.

#43 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Last one I can remember was a young Wakey prop in 2011, not a couple of seasoned pros in need of a bit of game time

And the difference is what exactly??
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#44 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

And the difference is what exactly??

Isn't it obvious?

DR is supposed to be a replacement for the U20s, to give those fringe players a higher standard of competition.

Getting old hands game time is completely different thing, that's what Feeder Clubs do

You are no longer Hunslet Hawks

#45 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

But your identity is fading,can't you see this ?

Our identity is fading? The name Hunslet has never had as much exposure, check sky sports news.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#46 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

But your identity is fading,can't you see this ?

Hardly we have never had as much exposure and we have Leeds fans ringing up daily with season ticket enquiries, sounds like good business to me, which is how the club should have been run for a few years earlier.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#47 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Isn't it obvious?

DR is supposed to be a replacement for the U20s, to give those fringe players a higher standard of competition.

Getting old hands game time is completely different thing, that's what Feeder Clubs do

We'll always be hunslet, always have been always will be. Now haven't you got a whippet to walk or a ferret to feed

#48 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

We'll always be hunslet, always have been always will be. Now haven't you got a whippet to walk or a ferret to feed

It's pretty clear that you're a text book moron, so I'll end our delightful little conversation here.

#49 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Isn't it obvious?

How do you work that out? We have played 3 dual reg players in our entire History, you and many other clubs in our league have played more than that in a game or a season.

Come Sunday we will have 3 dual reg players in our squad which I'd suggest will be less than a lot of other clubs on the same day!

Leeds United over the last 10 years have lived on loan players, no one has battered an eye lid, loans are part and parcel of football, is rugby league so behind the times that a team getting 4 players on dual reg loan what ever you want to call it such a massive thing!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#50 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Forget everything in Rugby league has to be done to keep fev fans happy end of day would rather do this then spend a ton of money on players that we don't have and end up going bust like other teams couldn't care less what you think to be honest
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#51 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

It's pretty clear that you're a text book moron, so I'll end our delightful little conversation here.

See ya!!!

#52 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I fed my ferrets earlier Macca , if he has'nt fed em yet he wants reporting to the RSPCA , high protein diet not whats left of the spam joint.........

#53 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

That 1 on belle isle road nearly died when it had a sniff of your shoe in bus shelter a few year ago mate. Haha only in belle isle

#54 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Ha Ha , after the cake B)

#55 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Last season we looked and played like Barrow did last Sunday. To get relegated this season would be a total disaster , and could well be the end of our club.
No matter what it takes to stay up , we should take the help from Leeds or anybody for that matter.
Other clubs are doing this anyway , even Leigh did last year, with Wigan players and no-one said anything then.

Yes indeed we had Sam Tomkins,Tommy Leuleui and Hock one week or was it just an up and coming player in Tom Spencer?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#56 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

We've only ever used 2 dual reg players. How many have you lot used doylum, you really are thick as fu*k

3 or 4 over 3 seasons (you sure you've not had any before?), all young players with little 1st team experience and with the exception of Ellis a bit of a letdown. Hardacre came back on DR on the understandjing that he'd be available all season but after being recalled by Leeds due to injuries after a couple of games, DP decided he was no longer a real option and didn't consider him again even the odd time he was available. If my memory serves my right Briscoe was on loan and not DR and offered absolutely nothing more than Fev already had. Playing established 1st team SL players so that they can have a run out is certainly not in the spirit of the DR system.

There was a very interesting interview in the either the YP or YEP with Tommy Haughey a couple of years ago when DR was first introduced in which he basically said it had a big negative effect on team morale. Worth a read if you can find it.

And finally you do know that feeder teams are part of Hetherington's master plan don't you? Here's to your club reaping what it's sown.

#57 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Sorry guys but I think it's totally wrong what is happening. Again Gaz is right it's going the same way as Australia. Again rugby league at pro level is a joke and the worst run professional sport in the world.

#58 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

3 or 4 over 3 seasons (you sure you've not had any before?), all young players with little 1st team experience and with the exception of Ellis a bit of a letdown. Hardacre came back on DR on the understandjing that he'd be available all season but after being recalled by Leeds due to injuries after a couple of games, DP decided he was no longer a real option and didn't consider him again even the odd time he was available. If my memory serves my right Briscoe was on loan and not DR and offered absolutely nothing more than Fev already had. Playing established 1st team SL players so that they can have a run out is certainly not in the spirit of the DR system.

There was a very interesting interview in the either the YP or YEP with Tommy Haughey a couple of years ago when DR was first introduced in which he basically said it had a big negative effect on team morale. Worth a read if you can find it.

And finally you do know that feeder teams are part of Hetherington's master plan don't you? Here's to your club reaping what it's sown.

And you know that how.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#59 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Youve forgot to mention Briggs Les, didnt he play a full season while on loan from the Bulls??
Posted Image

#60 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

well im happy with whats going to be a great squad on sunday

dr or loans just what is the difference anyway

loans have been going on years now so lets for a change use it to our advantage

hunslet , hunslet

thats our team and will be hunslet forever

now whos going to leigh on sunday on the norty 40