Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Experienced duo join on Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Yes indeed we had Sam Tomkins,Tommy Leuleui and Hock one week or was it just an up and coming player in Tom Spencer?

Posted Image

#62 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Now ive heard it all, a Leigh fan moaning about DL. Let me refresh your memory Bartholomew....does the names Tyrone McCarthy, Ryhs Evans, Matty Blythe ring any bells???
Posted Image

#63 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

This is my last comment cause its gone beyond boring now. This is hunslets business, not fevs or Leigh's and if we're happy with it sack what every other club thinks
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#64 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

they were not established SL players, though they are well known now. None had played in a SL 'grand final' had they ? Young players, who gained some 1st team experience.
Kyle Leuluai & Richard Moore hardly fit that bracket do they, same goes for Wire's Paul Wood playing for Swinton.
Guess you need any help you can get..with Wigan playing Friday, we've got Sam Tomkins & Josh Charnley available (if selected) for Sunday's game....bring it on !!!

#65 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yes he did on loan not dual reg Steve. the game is finished. Hunslet are now a feeder club why can't you see it? Macca said you have only used 3 players that's true but it's only the 2nd game of the season this week. The players can't be happy at the club surely.

#66 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yes he did on loan not dual reg Steve. the game is finished. Hunslet are now a feeder club why can't you see it? Macca said you have only used 3 players that's true but it's only the 2nd game of the season this week. The players can't be happy at the club surely.

I'm sure you wouldn't have minded in 2008 when we finished bottom of the 2nd division to be packing down with two super league props either side of you? I'm pretty sure you'd have preferred your winning pay on more games then most, than all the losing pay you got that season?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#67 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

How i read it is we either do this or club dies !
Its not the entire team & 3 or 4 is good for me as daz says as long as we pick the team

#68 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Guess you need any help you can get..with Wigan playing Friday, we've got Sam Tomkins & Josh Charnley available (if selected) for Sunday's game....bring it on !!!

no you don't, you can only play 1 or the other per week/weekend

#69 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I seems to me that the common theme amongst fans of the twinned clubs is the fear of relegation which I can understand. No one would want to be in the basement division.

If, as seems likely, we introduce two divisions of ten at SL level there would only be one division below and no up or down for the DR partnered clubs. Would you fans that agree with this system now continue to be happy with it given that scenario?

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 06 February 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#70 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Its short sighted beyond belief, its embarrasing, your not Hunslet Hawks your Leeds feeder team, Mcdermot thinnks he is billy big boots at the min and trying to make out hes doing you a big favour, we all know whos getting the good deal. For me it wont make much difference the top 6 will still be the top 6 DR or not, i just hope they all get injured might make them think twice

#71 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Its short sighted beyond belief, its embarrasing, your not Hunslet Hawks your Leeds feeder team, Mcdermot thinnks he is billy big boots at the min and trying to make out hes doing you a big favour, we all know whos getting the good deal. For me it wont make much difference the top 6 will still be the top 6 DR or not, i just hope they all get injured might make them think twice

If this was a fan if the champions I could understand the arrogance but your just an also ran like the rest of us pal
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#72 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

If this was a fan if the champions I could understand the arrogance but your just an also ran like the rest of us pal

Were Featherstone Rovers PAL and always will be, were nothing like you, your a reserve side, theres no arrogance its plain wrong and you know it. Id be embarrased if i supported Hunslet

#73 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Were Featherstone Rovers PAL and always will be, were nothing like you, your a reserve side, theres no arrogance its plain wrong and you know it. Id be embarrased if i supported Hunslet

That pedestal gets higher and higher, the facts show Fev have have used more dual reg players than Hunslet to date! Yet we should be embarrassed, the mind boggles!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#74 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

That pedestal gets higher and higher, the facts show Fev have have used more dual reg players than Hunslet to date! Yet we should be embarrassed, the mind boggles!

Utter bullshite. Your prostituting yourselves plain and simple, it will backfire because the teams that havent will be fired up and smash you, in the long run it will destroy your club, enjoy it while it lasts

#75 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

FFs hunslet used 2 DR players on sun so what york used 5 against up here against haven , swinton used 2 first teamers against town and still got beat rumours are ade gardner and paul clough could be playing for haven on sun right or wrong it might happen but they would only replace 2 of our best players craig calvert and lee doran who are missing on sun

#76 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Lowfield it strikes me when Fev played the DR/Loan game with Ellis, Briscoe, Gledhill, Briggs and Hardaker everything was Hunky Dory likewise with ripping the backside out of the Dewsbury squad with Finn, Bostock Powell Crossley and Lockwood all enticed with Mark Campbell,s money.Now when little old Hunslet get a piece of the action were suddenly the devil incarnate.Lets get real when the Probiz geezer and Mark Campbell get fed up of funding this lot it will collapse like a pack of cards - and you know it.
Posted Image

#77 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Utter bullshite. Your prostituting yourselves plain and simple, it will backfire because the teams that havent will be fired up and smash you, in the long run it will destroy your club, enjoy it while it lasts

Lets deal in facts, Fev have used MORE dual reg players than Hunslet FACT

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 07 February 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#78 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

I seems to me that the common theme amongst fans of the twinned clubs is the fear of relegation which I can understand. No one would want to be in the basement division.

If, as seems likely, we introduce two divisions of ten at SL level there would only be one division below and no up or down for the DR partnered clubs. Would you fans that agree with this system now continue to be happy with it given that scenario?

Spot on terry that's if they have a team by the time this happens and if they have like you say they will all be in the division of death anyway so it doesn't matter really but I think the clubs in the champ that are in these link ups already know that their just not telling their fans yet.

#79 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Think the worrying thing for me is if the efforts shown by wood and mccartney is anything to go by at Swinton last week these two will probably put in half a*sed efforts anyway - they dont have to impress anyone to walk back into the first team plans, not like an up and coming 20 year old looking for a chance and they wont want to risk further injury by going at full pace

The rhythm is also upset - a winning team broken up for the sake of getting 2 players matchfit

Do Huns have to include them in the matchday squad?

In terms of the topic i dont really mind the linkups etc still early days for me to see weather its beneficial or not

Edited by elppaxr2i, 07 February 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#80 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

heard it all now a so called fan who wants players to get injured
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users