Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Experienced duo join on Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#81 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I'm sure you wouldn't have minded in 2008 when we finished bottom of the 2nd division to be packing down with two super league props either side of you? I'm pretty sure you'd have preferred your winning pay on more games then most, than all the losing pay you got that season?

Yes if they were our players or at least on a season long loan, I don't agree with the dual reg system never have and never will.

I have spoken to a number of players and they are not happy either about what is going on. Why should 2 players who need to be kept match fit for ANOTHER team be taking the place at the club of 2 players that have signed contracts with them to play?

Also do you think the players coming give two
f@&£s about what happens in the game/s that he plays in then your very much mistaken. Bad for team morale, bad for the dressing room, bad for the game.

Edited by number9, 07 February 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#82 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yes if they were our players or at least on a season long loan, I don't agree with the dual reg system never have and never will.

I have spoken to a number of players and they are not happy either about what is going on. Why should 2 players who need to be kept match fit for ANOTHER team be taking the place at the club of 2 players that have signed contracts with them to play?

Also do you think the players coming give two
f@&£s about what happens in the game/s that he plays in then your very much mistaken. Bad for team morale, bad for the dressing room, bad for the game.

Come on Daz im sure you would have welcomed any International players to play along side you to give you more chance of getting winning pay whether they were on loan for a year or there for just one game?

I agree with you and disagree, Yes it will be harsh on the player or players who are left out for the dual reg players to play, no hiding behind that fact, but its up to Barry to manage that scenario. And its also up to the players to respond in a positive manner, which i think our players will, look at Josh Nathaniel, unlucky to be left out for Jimmy Keinhorst on Sunday, but hes knuckled down and now has the chance to go out against Leigh and play out of his skin and basically say to Baz "F*** Keinhorst, this is my position and i am going to make it my own". To me it can only increase competition for places and give players the motivation to work harder and play better. If anyone of our players knows that a Leeds player could potentially come and replcae them, i know if was me id be saying "Id better start giving 110% here, and prove to Baz we dont need a dual reg in this position".

As for the rest of the players who will be in the 17, i know full well that they will be buzzing at the opportunity to have these players playing along side them, you have to remember 99% of these lads were at the club last season, and only won 2 games all season, that's only twice they received WINNING PAY, Now all of a sudden they are playing along side players who are of a higher quality, giving them a lot better chance of getting WINNING PAY in 2013.

Ask Luke Haigh how he feels today, knowing that he could potentially be packing down with Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore, your not telling me wont be buzzing at the thought of getting that opportunity?

As for Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore not giving a t0ss about Hunslet, that may be the case, but i could name hundreds of players over the years who dont give a t0ss about Hunslet or any over club they may play for because its a job and its what they get paid to do, but i bet players like Moore give a t0ss about there careers, and im pretty sure they would rather be at Leeds than Hunslet, so what better way for someone like Moore to prove to Leeds he should be in their 17 to come to Hunslet work his socks off and play out of his skin to prove to Brian Mcdermott that he deserves to be in the Leeds squad and hes better than Hunslet, if that's not motivation to play well and be professional about the job hes paid to do then i dont know what is.

As for dual reg affecting morale, it didn't seem to affect morale Sunday when we put in the best performance ive seen for many a year, only time will tell if it does.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#83 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

get ready for this topic to explode into all out war :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i wasnt far of the mark on page one feathers have been ruffled teddies have been thrown out of the prams and for whatever reason the Name Hunslet Hawks is on every bodies lips. For a few also rans to even threaten the dominance of the top 4 is against all whats holy and should be stopped forthwith and if these clubs who struggle year in year out just to survive for the good of their fans fades into obscurity who from the top 4 will give a rats asss not one of em so move on lifes too short.
chappy

#84 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Before we got the D/R players , the names that were being circulated around the fans , one being Richard Moore , i put it to a few of the HIST members and they were giving me the impression , that he was'nt good enough and did'nt want him , to me that points to the fact that its Leeds who are telling us who we are getting and who we've got to play , sorry if thats how it sounds but theres 2 players who won't be even getting losing pay , this w/end...........

#85 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Before we got the D/R players , the names that were being circulated around the fans , one being Richard Moore , i put it to a few of the HIST members and they were giving me the impression , that he was'nt good enough and did'nt want him , to me that points to the fact that its Leeds who are telling us who we are getting and who we've got to play , sorry if thats how it sounds but theres 2 players who won't be even getting losing pay , this w/end...........

That's the problem with it. These guys work hard and train hard and I'm sure some will depend on getting some kind of pay at the weekend of some sort. With this in place they are losing out which IMO is wrong. Like grimmer I know he is one of your best players but what happens if Leeds send McGuire or burrows over would grimmer get a game? I doubt it. So I'm sure grimmer wouldn't be happy like the rest.This situation could force your best players to look for employment else where.

Edited by thundergaz, 07 February 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#86 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

So because a HIST member dosnt rate Richard Moore, that means Leeds are telling us who to play? :blink:

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#87 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

would he have got a game at Featherstone on a regular basis he was prepared for that eventuality i do know, and if they where suddenly invited into Super League when he was there would he then have been looking for a club back in the championship who knows.due to work commitments Featherstone where not prepared to help him work around it the way Hunslet have but he didnt cry about it he got on with his life and moved on without any anomosity towards the club he always wanted to play for so im sure he would be man enough to take it on the chin like he has done before.
chappy

#88 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

That's the problem with it. These guys work hard and train hard and I'm sure some will depend on getting some kind of pay at the weekend of some sort. With this in place they are losing out which IMO is wrong. Like grimmer I know he is one of your best players but what happens if Leeds send McGuire or burrows over would grimmer get a game? I doubt it. So I'm sure grimmer wouldn't be happy like the rest.This situation could force your best players to look for employment else where.

The thing is ,its know different to work that everyone does everyday , weather it being office , building , retail work , change dose'nt always work , do you think Leeds would want owt to do with us , if they were'nt getting what they wanted out of the deal , Red Hall have screwed this great game up , BIG TIME..........

#89 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

would he have got a game at Featherstone on a regular basis he was prepared for that eventuality i do know, and if they where suddenly invited into Super League when he was there would he then have been looking for a club back in the championship who knows.due to work commitments Featherstone where not prepared to help him work around it the way Hunslet have but he didnt cry about it he got on with his life and moved on without any anomosity towards the club he always wanted to play for so im sure he would be man enough to take it on the chin like he has done before.

I can't argue with any of that Suzzy. The efforts made by Fev though to bring him to our place I doubt he would of been dropped maybe rested. But like you say who knows what would of happened. But got to say he is a good player and I wish him the best for the future and hopefully one day he will get a shot at SL.

#90 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

So because a HIST member dosnt rate Richard Moore, that means Leeds are telling us who to play? :blink:

That was me being diplomatic and not nameing names , and av since text you the names of the so called

#91 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

It's straight forward and simple really. SL clubs shockingly can't afford to run U23 sides even though there's more money than ever in the game and they're using Championship clubs instead. If the subservient partners hare happy with that then so be it, it's their business. I think it's a great shame that it's come to this but that's just my opinion.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#92 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

thanks for that

I can't argue with any of that Suzzy. The efforts made by Fev though to bring him to our place I doubt he would of been dropped maybe rested. But like you say who knows what would of happened. But got to say he is a good player and I wish him the best for the future and hopefully one day he will get a shot at SL.

thanks for that Gaz but i dont think he would jepordise his job at this stage of his career any way. I remeber not so long ago when the rovers where at the edge before the chap with wakey connections god rest his soul gave them the life line they needed to progress which they did and have not looked back since which was great but some clubs have to go down different routes to survive and if it goes t*ts up then so be it but these clubs are on that edge and if this is going to be their life line then they are going to grab it so untill you are in that position can you really condone them .
chappy

#93 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

The thing with that Col is that his place at Fev would have been contested with players within , fighting for places , not players just cuming in and been given a shirt..........

#94 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

The thing with that Col is that his place at Fev would have been contested with players within , fighting for places , not players just cuming in and been given a shirt..........

Thats the way of life im afraid Kev theres always going to be someone who would take your place weither it be in Sport, work or a card game lol if he wasnt at Featherstone or Hunslet hed be turning out for Sharlston and still enjoying it im sure.Like in polotics what we say never makes any difference its dog eats dog, survival of the fitest ,look after number one, life will never change

Edited by suzzy, 07 February 2013 - 10:18 AM.

chappy

#95 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Thats the way of life im afraid Kev theres always going to be someone who would take your place weither it be in Sport, work or a card game lol if he wasnt at Featherstone or Hunslet hed be turning out for Sharlston and still enjoying it im sure.Like in polotics what we say never makes any difference its dog eats dog, survival of the fitest ,look after number one, life will never change

Im sure Grimmer is looking forward to having a platform to perform of the back of Leuluai and Moore? what his opinion on it?

#96 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

The two most realistic postings on this topic come from Blackpool and Hawkeye-- they know the situation at SLS., Last year we had HIST take over and they have transformed the club off the field. Last year we also had a poor team, and we would have struggled this season withoiut any changes Last Sundays attendance of just under 500 is not good enough to run the club, and bring in the revenue to attract new players. It is essential that the HAWKS stay in the Championship this season, so having dual reg players is a big plus hopefully in keeping us in the Championship and increasing the attendance. Last season we played against clubs with Dual Reg players in their team. -- it is up to Barry Eaton and his coaching team to select the best 17 each week.--- the inclusion of 2 d/r players last Sunday brought the best out of several of our players, and with the increased piblicity they will be in the shop window which can only do them a lot of good.

#97 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

The two most realistic postings on this topic come from Blackpool and Hawkeye-- they know the situation at SLS., Last year we had HIST take over and they have transformed the club off the field. Last year we also had a poor team, and we would have struggled this season withoiut any changes Last Sundays attendance of just under 500 is not good enough to run the club, and bring in the revenue to attract new players. It is essential that the HAWKS stay in the Championship this season, so having dual reg players is a big plus hopefully in keeping us in the Championship and increasing the attendance. Last season we played against clubs with Dual Reg players in their team. -- it is up to Barry Eaton and his coaching team to select the best 17 each week.--- the inclusion of 2 d/r players last Sunday brought the best out of several of our players, and with the increased piblicity they will be in the shop window which can only do them a lot of good.

Great post Barry, it pretty much sums up the situation.

#98 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I take the points you are making and can see it from your perspective. So is this arrangement more acceptable because 'it is essential that the HAWKS stay in the championship this season' or do you think it's the way forward in any case? I'm asking the question because I can see the day, in the not too distant future, when there will be only one division below the SL structure anyway. By that time there might be no turning back.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#99 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

thanks for that
thanks for that Gaz but i dont think he would jepordise his job at this stage of his career any way. I remeber not so long ago when the rovers where at the edge before the chap with wakey connections god rest his soul gave them the life line they needed to progress which they did and have not looked back since which was great but some clubs have to go down different routes to survive and if it goes t*ts up then so be it but these clubs are on that edge and if this is going to be their life line then they are going to grab it so untill you are in that position can you really condone them .

I understand why it's being done I know the clubs that have linked up are on the edge and this is a life line that probably was much needed. But i think it's a situation like being in a coma once you wake up it might be too late. I hope for these clubs it works but I just can't help thinking that its to benefit the SL clubs and the RFL. We all know as long as the Leeds and wires of our sport exist and prosper the game is great according to the RFL. ( not having a go because I understand your situation more of a concern for the game in general than a pop at the link up clubs)

Edited by thundergaz, 07 February 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#100 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

As for dual reg affecting morale, it didn't seem to affect morale Sunday when we put in the best performance ive seen for many a year, only time will tell if it does.

And presumably the props that played that day didn't let anyone down and yet two of them have to make way for Leuluai and Moore this week, WHY?

I haven't read anyone complaining about your own props, but because Leeds want game time for their two props you leave your own players out. This is exactly what Gary Hetherington has wanted to see happen and it must be how SL coaches regard it as we now have Cummins at Bradford bemoaning the fact that Adrian Purtell can't get game time with Dewsbury because of his visa conditions.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users