Photo
- - - - -

Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore in Hunslets squad to face Leigh on sunday.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Glad to see the idea of keeping promising young players in the game is not being abused.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's only week two but surely something has to be done about this

#3 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Shock! Horror! Not.

rldfsignature.jpg

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

It's becoming an absolute joke and will kill the game below Super League.Its obvious the RFL want the feeder club concept for the benefit of Super League clubs.Us fans of Championships need to protect the identity of our clubs and make sure our voices are heard or vote with our feet!

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,841 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

May I register my outrage here, please.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,033 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Two great players by Championship standards. What's the problem? I'd have them on loan at Hull.
Posted Image

#7 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

It was only a metter of time before Richard Moore's name was mentioned in Hunslets squad. Forwards need game time.
He's probably behind Peacock, Kirke, Bailey, Griffin and Leuluai so needs to be kept match fit.
I wonder how last weeks props are feeling now after a good win vs Barrow?

#8 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

It's becoming an absolute joke and will kill the game below Super League.Its obvious the RFL want the feeder club concept for the benefit of Super League clubs.Us fans of Championships need to protect the identity of our clubs and make sure our voices are heard or vote with our feet!

Is that the 'feeder club concept' where the SL team feeds players to the lower division team? Not a great fan of the system as it stands but the clubs, as RFL members, voted for it.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Two great players by Championship standards. What's the problem? I'd have them on loan at Hull.

Would you have them on loan at Hull if they were probably only going to be there for 1 week, weren't going to train with your squad, and you had no idea when or if they'd be available for selection in future ? Would you allow your own players to be cast aside on that basis ?

#10 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I despair. Even Gav's rea;ised what a load of horse poop this is

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 06 February 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#11 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I feel for the lads that work, and part time play, train and condition themselves, only to find their place on the team has been taken by ANOther
It's no shock that this has happened, and I expect more and more of the same until we are full feeder clubs and part of franchises. Players who just love the game but keep missing out on places will end up playing at amateur clubs etc etc
Fans of Championship clubs will have to decide, do they want to see the odd 'star' rehabilitating in their fav colours, or do they want to walk away and watch amateur games and telly only of CH and SL - I recommend the amateur option for price, food and banter with great RL thrown in

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#12 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

They are not available on loan. They are available one week at a time, maybe one week only, at a time of Leeds' choosing. What about when Leeds have a couple of wingers short of game time, you are not short of wingers, are you. You still up for keeping Leeds' players fit for them then? They are not going to Hunslet because the Hawks need a couple of props this week, they are going because Leeds have a couple of props who need a game. Not quite the same thing as Hull having them on loan, is it?

#13 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I hate to say I told you so but I did and was shouted down fir it.

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

It's about time the RFL grew a pair and put some rules to these feeder clubs systems. They should have a maximum age of 23 no one over 23 can be DR. A maximum of 4 or 5 players. But I guess the RFL knew this was going to happen and they are happy that the Leeds and wires of this world are prospering from it because they are the heart and soul of our game apparently.

#15 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

They are not available on loan. They are available one week at a time, maybe one week only, at a time of Leeds' choosing. What about when Leeds have a couple of wingers short of game time, you are not short of wingers, are you. You still up for keeping Leeds' players fit for them then? They are not going to Hunslet because the Hawks need a couple of props this week, they are going because Leeds have a couple of props who need a game. Not quite the same thing as Hull having them on loan, is it?

^^^^^^ this^^^^

#16 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Taking the Mickey Bliss a bit this isn't it.

I'd like to say I was suprised, but I'm not. Can someone from the deluded gang please explain exactly how this helps player development, or for that matter how this DR system is the best way to replace the under 20s?

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Not a great fan of the system as it stands but the clubs, as RFL members, voted for it.

It wasn't quite like that. This idea has been floating about for years and was a pet subject of Gary Hetherington. The SL clubs had their own meeting to discuss this and decided to do away with the Under 18's and Under 20's. The next thing was Leeds announced a link up with Hunslet. This was sorted before the Championship clubs had even had their meeting and then Saints announced they were linking with Rochdale and Whitehaven and from there it snowballed with Championship clubs feeling " if we don't get in to this we will be left behind and could find ourselves relegated".

The RFL will not be doing anything about it other than monitoring it to see how it works out, so I'm afraid it will be running for some time probably until the end of the season. By which time a lot of Championship club fans will have voted with their feet.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

All that will happen is fans of clubs who do not benefit will see their club get a thrashing and stop watching. Are any of the dr clubs aiming for super league?

#19 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

So Leeds are forcing Hunslet to take these two players? That doesn't seem to have been a very sensible agreement for the Hunslet bosses to have signed, but then maybe Gary Hetherington held a gun to their head to make them sign?

It's Hunslet's choice. Fev chose not to go down the route of dual registration. Hunslet did.

#20 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

No surprise that the SL clubs are abusing the DR system already, after all the game is run by then for them. In an attempt to save a few quid, not only have they stifled their own junior development pathways but they now seem hell bent on damaging the second and third tier of the game.

The RFL as governing body of the game should be looking after the best interests of all its members and the future of the sport. The DR system needs scrapping immediately.

The bottom line is that if Featherstone and Sheffield can run teams at all age groups with no SKY money or financial assistance from the RFL, there is no excuse for a SL club not to do so.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users