Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

popular or winners.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Okay. its time to pin your colours to the mast. would you rather have Swinton being winners or being popular?

I for one want us to be winners. i like good banter as it adds to the match day vibe. the more people who dislike us the happier i am.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#2 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

I want a fair and level playing field, im fed up of hearing about young players leaving the sport because they have to compete against f/t players while holding down a f/t job.I just wonder how mills and holland are feeling, they spent all pre-season slogging their guts out, play all the friendlies and then to be dropped for dr players how long will they put up with it before they go ?

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

If we are successful with the current strategy then the other clubs participating in DR will seek to replicate it as the cost of relegation from the Championship will be disastrous.then the feeder club system will be well and truly established ,and the Championship will be predominantly a Super League reserve competition.As Bigtony says scores of good quality players will be lost to the game and fans will drift away in large numbers as their club slowly but surely loses its identity.I want to be winners but the only winners in the present DR arrangement will be the Super League Clubs.

#4 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Okay. its time to pin your colours to the mast. would you rather have Swinton being winners or being popular?

I for one want us to be winners. i like good banter as it adds to the match day vibe. the more people who dislike us the happier i am.

we,I,the supporters of championship rugby do not dislike Swinton or any other RL club,it's the rules surrounding the twinning malarchy.

But I will not travel to your ground or any other feeder club as i feel it would be wrong to hand my hard earned cash to SL

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

we,I,the supporters of championship rugby do not dislike Swinton or any other RL club,it's the rules surrounding the twinning malarchy.

But I will not travel to your ground or any other feeder club as i feel it would be wrong to hand my hard earned cash to SL

Bet you still watch SL on Sky though! You would be killing off the Championship and playing into the hands of the RFL.
Campaign against the rule and not the clubs.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

A lot will be doing the same I know quite a few Fev fans who won't be traveling away to the so called feeder clubs. I'm not one of them by the way I just won't be attending the away fixture at hunslet but that's to do with their ticket pricing and nothing to do with the DR system even though I'm strongly against it. It's not the fans of these champ clubs that are to blame its the RFL, SL clubs fault mainly.

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

A lot will be doing the same I know quite a few Fev fans who won't be traveling away to the so called feeder clubs. I'm not one of them by the way I just won't be attending the away fixture at hunslet but that's to do with their ticket pricing and nothing to do with the DR system even though I'm strongly against it. It's not the fans of these champ clubs that are to blame its the RFL, SL clubs fault mainly.

Guess you should forward your plans for how the game should be run to the RFL so they can ensure youe attendance at all important fixtures.

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Guess you should forward your plans for how the game should be run to the RFL so they can ensure youe attendance at all important fixtures.

On that same note mark I wonder how many of these that are saying it all on these forums have actaully written e-mails or letters to the RFL to let them know their feelings? Not many I'll wager!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Mark as long as we get a good home crowd from our fans that's all that matters to me. The money goes back into our club that will do me. If we only take 50 fans to away games( which won't happen by the way) it doesn't matter to Fevs income.

#10 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Surprised Feb fans are upset after all they have been taking the cream of players from clubs for a while now haven't they.?

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Fev even....I hate smart phones.

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

On that same note mark I wonder how many of these that are saying it all on these forums have actaully written e-mails or letters to the RFL to let them know their feelings? Not many I'll wager!!!!

No I bet that they'd just rather vent their spleen Jeremy Kyle style but not do anything concrete.
I wish we could just get back to enjoying the rugby.

#13 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Winners thank you.

The other clubs would be doing the same as ours in the same position. End of.

I will support the club for my whole life, that's just what you do. You don't stop supporting the club, maybe the regime of the day but not the club, that's a personal choice and I can't argue against others personal choices in the matter.

Other supporters don't give a monkeys about Swinton Lions so I couldn't care less about their opinions. It shows some level of support for the game as a whole if they only attend home matches.............

#14 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Mark as long as we get a good home crowd from our fans that's all that matters to me. The money goes back into our club that will do me. If we only take 50 fans to away games( which won't happen by the way) it doesn't matter to Fevs income.

Cracking thinking that matey. Lets not help anyone but ourselves, then when all the other clubs in the championship have withered and died we would win every week, guaranteed champions. Then we can pick off all them phoney Champion 1 clubs off too. As the last club standing they would have to allow us into SL and we would do really well. Wouldn't we?

You did make sense but now you've stopped unfortunately!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

well for what its worth your not popular or winners so that ends that debate

Edited by wonky, 07 February 2013 - 03:09 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#16 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

well for what its worth your not popular or winners so that ends that debate

Go on really...how old are you?

#17 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Go on really...how old are you?

Well said Mark - but really (although difficult at times) we shouldn't respond to a silly remark like that - this gent needs reminding there's a long way to go and it could also be a very hard season for Workington

#18 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Giving due respect to Barnie's thread - we need to be winners and doubt that not many winning teams are popular with opposing supporters so can't really be both- so as long as we stick to the rules (which we are doing) lets try to be winners.
I have not made any posts on the subject of last weeks events as like many others I can see both sides of the debate, but I am a Swinton supporter and shall continue to support my team.

#19 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

What is the difference between buying a team with a rich racehorse owner money etc or doing it this way. Perhaps people would like us to build a team and have a five year plan and then all the players move on or get signed before we reap the benefits.

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well said Mark - but really (although difficult at times) we shouldn't respond to a silly remark like that - this gent needs reminding there's a long way to go and it could also be a very hard season for Workington

Good point well made. Thank you