Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

popular or winners.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Giving due respect to Barnie's thread - we need to be winners and doubt that not many winning teams are popular with opposing supporters so can't really be both- so as long as we stick to the rules (which we are doing) lets try to be winners.
I have not made any posts on the subject of last weeks events as like many others I can see both sides of the debate, but I am a Swinton supporter and shall continue to support my team.

I think we're more like bending the rules, mind you with limited funds I can understand why but not condone it, as it means we are nothing more than a warrington A team.

#22 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

We lost to Hunslet in the first game last season...

#23 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Not thought of it like that Parky, but that is a very good point. The sticking point seems to be the fact we have signed so many Warrington lads. In my view no different than picking them up from seperate clubs. Looking forward to Sunday.

#24 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Marshy1 from what i have been able to find out the six lads that you have sighed from warrington it seems that if a club came in to make an offer for any of them it is up to the player either to except the offer or go back to warrington.1 thing they would not disclose was if warrington were making a contribution to there wages .That would after come from the swinton board.????

#25 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

So what is the problem then.

#26 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

i must apologise i was just doing a little fishing, with no haven fans to wind up you have to find someone else. good luck for the rest of the season.no matter what anyone says about the amount of wolves players you have its not the fans fault or decision and youll obbiously support any player that pulls on a swinton shirt.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#27 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

i must apologise i was just doing a little fishing, with no haven fans to wind up you have to find someone else. good luck for the rest of the season.no matter what anyone says about the amount of wolves players you have its not the fans fault or decision and youll obbiously support any player that pulls on a swinton shirt.

Thank you - glad we are friends now - after all its only a game (or is it??)

#28 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I think we're more like bending the rules, mind you with limited funds I can understand why but not condone it, as it means we are nothing more than a warrington A team.

in which case your long awaited return to a game will be extended then since you won't want to watch warrington's A team when you can trot off to the Halliwell and watch the big boys.

#29 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

in which case your long awaited return to a game will be extended then since you won't want to watch warrington's A team when you can trot off to the Halliwell and watch the big boys.

I think you'll find I attend the occasional match when finance allows, as for trotting off to the halliwell jones stadium to watch the big boys, i dont need too when i can watch most of them at some point turning out for swinton wolves or warrington lions at the lsv, we can and should learn lessons from them in how to run a professional club, ie engaging the community, delivering a new ground and most important keeping fans up to date on future plans ie agecroft not just false hopes year after year and yet another season in exile with no realistic hope of a return to m27.

Edited by juliancaine, 08 February 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#30 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think you'll find I attend the occasional match when finance allows, as for trotting off to the halliwell jones stadium to watch the big boys, i dont need too when i can watch most of them at some point turning out for swinton wolves or warrington lions at the lsv, we can and should learn lessons from them in how to run a professional club, ie engaging the community, delivering a new ground and most important keeping fans up to date on future plans ie agecroft not just false hopes year after year and yet another season in exile with no realistic hope of a return to m27.

Perhaps if we had a backer with the finances of Simon moran then we could easily do as you have suggested.

Fact is we ain't and as such have to work with what we have. I agree that little things such as information can be easily sorted out but then as the club are Swinton Lions why would you be remotely interested when you will go to watch Swinton Wolves or Warrington Lions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users