Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Billy Slater and Jonathan Thurston in Keighley's squad for Sunday

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

un-chuffing-believeable........what a laughing stock our sport has become

#2 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Very unbelievable :lol:

#3 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Even more impressive when you consider Keighley don't have a DR agreement, so they must have signed them on permanent contracts. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#4 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Great news. Who says hooking up with a cider brand wouldn't pay dividends. I welcome the duo to our country...not sure if they will make the grade though.

#5 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Very nearly wet myself when I saw this thread

Well played old son

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Unused sub and eighteenth man, I imagine.
People called Romans they go the house

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Thurston will have to take that poncey hat off though. It's not Lancashire.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#8 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

The club have announced twin dual registration deals with Melbourne Storm and North Queensland. Keighley reserve, clogger Higginbotham is to be on the bench for Melbourne in the WCC. Leeds have cried foul as this will give the Storm inside info on the club as Clogger once sneaked into Headingley by climbing the cricket field fence. The Storm spokesman downplayed the connection claiming Clogger never saw the game having passed out in the bar before the kickoff..

#9 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Can we make sure their bags are searched before they play.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Even more impressive when you consider Keighley don't have a DR agreement, so they must have signed them on permanent contracts. :lol:

Unfortunately not, just a season-long loan
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Can we make sure their bags are searched before they play.

:D

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Looking likely it'll be Castleford players.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

still smarting after the war of the roses???? we don't need to act hard in the county palatine......

Edited by Viking Warrior, 07 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#15 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

It's the discovery of Ricard III's remains.....reminded them all of the kicking they took

#16 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 914 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Looking likely it'll be Castleford players.

Wonder how keighley will react ;-)

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Already mentioned on one of the other 59 dual reg threads knocking about.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

It sickens me. After 150 years as a club representing the town to the world, they are now Castleford A.

I think supporters will vote with their feet. I don't think it will even be all that beneficial. Castleford are cr**p so their surplus players are not likely to be so hot.

To some extent it's been forced on them because they were facing relegation because teams they were confident of picking up points from like Hunslet, York and Swinton, even Dewsbury are now stacked with SL players and would likely beat us and send us to CC1.

It still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I think RL as a whole will end up a smaller, weaker game for all this. Less clubs charting their own path and less player development due to SL cutbacks and ultimately a weaker England team just when excellent prospects from the system in place before this cost cutting disaster was imposed on the game, were giving us a lot of choice for the England team for once.

I think keighley as a town and an area will be lost to RL eventually as a result of all this. Castleford might benefit but, at the end of the day, Keighley is bigger than Castleford.

I can see no long term benefits for either Keighley or the larger game. If the game was small before it is miniscule now it consists of only 14 teams and a bunch or reserve oufits.

#19 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

It's the discovery of Ricard III's remains.....reminded them all of the kicking they took

'Richard also introduced the use of English in many contexts, including his courts of law, where previously French and Latin were the official languages.'

http://www2.le.ac.uk...greyfriars/myth

Presumably, the Lancastrians preferred everybody to speak French.
;) B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#20 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

'Richard also introduced the use of English in many contexts, including his courts of law, where previously French and Latin were the official languages.'

http://www2.le.ac.uk...greyfriars/myth

Presumably, the Lancastrians preferred everybody to speak French.
;) B)

Mmmm! I thought they still did