Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fans of RL from the whole world

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rabathos

Rabathos
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

well hello everyone!
pelase im so serouis and indeed we need help from someone , means we are looking for more Clubs in Morocco
like what WOLVES BUILD PARTNERSHIP WITH GERMANY , why not we can have it in Morocoo too .
so im about creat a new Team in my city and i ned some help , may be someone wanna make it his team or the name of his team , i wish you understand me guys and the best for all , please contact me if someone know wher exactly i should ask or this souhailaitalla@gmail.com
best for you all

#2 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

What exactly is the problem in Morocco?

#3 Rabathos

Rabathos
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

we dont have the good people and no one know this Game , everywher wher we gone , no one interesting and no one wanna work , so the Rabathos Rugby league players and im one of them wanna creat another team , to have more inportance from people and our gouvernement

#4 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Moroccan rugby league is a fight against adversity in the tradition of this sport. The sport is very rarely seen on television and largely ignored by the media. The Government however are well aware of rugby league and try to put a stop to it, on account of a few rugby union 'fans' who seem to think stamping out amateur rugby in their country is more important than helping it grow. If there rugby and patriotic 'pride' mean trying to strangle their national team, then they do it and have done it.

We have young men with pretty much no money fighting to play the game, despite the team often being scattered, which means deep in the Sahara rather than the other side of the Pennines. We are in a golden age for rugby league, thanks for people making sacrifices for the survival of the game. Their equivalents in the modern day are the lads dedicated to keeping the sport alive in Morocco.

I helped start rugby league in a country where barely anyone knew the sport existed and it was and is bloody hard work. Bearing in mind the odds they are fighting against in Morocco makes me feel very privileged and almost spoilt.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#5 Rabathos

Rabathos
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

i swear everything against us , everywher we gone to talk about RL they laugh at us and said : ( you just found Rugby go play another sport )
we payed by our selvls everything we do pay it , no one help us just our guys of the team and our Coach , all my wish one day people wake up and knows that RL is that really and serouis game we should play it in Morocco

#6 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

This is one for our European Rugby League Federation to deal with, suggest you contact them directly. They should enlist help from the all party RL MP association. Do not give up, France faced similar serious threats in WW2 when the French RU collaborated with the pro nazi Vichy govt and got RL banned. However the flame never went out and the sport thrives again in France. Be loud be heard, it's a great sport, a sport for all. Best of luck.

#7 Rabathos

Rabathos
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

thank you mate , i swear my best im doing it for this game in Morocco and i wish people wake up thier mind here to open thier eayse and se that's really we have to play it

#8 s2sEagles

s2sEagles
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

I truly hope you win this battle and get rugby league going in Morocco! That would be fantastic to see you rise up against so many odds!

C'mon Morocco Rugby League

#9 Rabathos

Rabathos
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

i hope too , but this way they are working in it , isn't good , because no one wanna work hard in RL . the non-sportive people who catch all , and what about us , the players whos wanna work hard , they never helped us or giving us a chance to just help them from what we learned to athers guys in Morocco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users