Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/02/13 - Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (8 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

2. Warrington Wolves (9 votes [39.13%])

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

3. Draw (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Didn't we see these young Wigan lads stand up to opposition a fair few times last year?

We knew they were no mugs - the challenge for them is to step it up in the big games (Semi finals etc) and keep it up over the season, but I do think the predictions of them being 5th/6th were premature (although I didn't see many tbh!).

I think what people were worried about was not so much the big lads up front, but who would be organising them in the halves.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#122 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I think the uncertainty is also based on the untried new half back partnership, where we have also just lost two of the teams main play makers. This was always going to be a bit of an uncertain season, but it has started well and better than I had expected. That said I never doubted the quality of the players, I just it may take some time to find their feet and for the newbies to jell. Time will tell.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#123 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users