Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

09/02/13 - Catalan Dragons v Salford City Reds - KO 6pm (CET)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Catalan, by 30.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

you'd have to be certifiably insane to see any thing else but a dragons win................by 40
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Catalan squad: Brent Webb, Damien Blanch, Leon Pryce, Zeb Taia, Thomas Bosc, Olivier Elima, Ian Henderson, Rémi Casty, Steve Menzies, Louis Anderson, Greg Mounis, Eloi Pelissier, Kevin Larroyer, Daryl Millard, Mathias Pala, Julian Bousquet, Jamal Fakir, Jason Baitieri, Vincent Duport.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

dragons by 28
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Salford squad: Jack Murphy, Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Rhys Williams, Niall Evalds, Ryan McGoldrick, Theo Fages, Lee Jewitt, Wayne Godwin, Shannon McPherson, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Chris Nero, Ben Gledhill, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Gareth Owen.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 MikeTommo

MikeTommo
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Dragons by a lot. Hopefully with a full week together with some of the new players we might look a bit more threatening going forward. Catalans is a tough trip for a team on a roll at the top of the table let alone one thrown together in a few weeks and missing any real quality.

Give us a month or so and I think we'll be more competitive but at the moment teams will very much be taking advantage and running up some big scores. Easy match at Leeds to follow this trip as well!

#8 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

In a way I'm glad we have these really difficult games to start. This will be a comprehensive win for the Cats.

#9 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

On the evidence of what Salford fans witnessed last week then a comprehensive victory for Catalan would seem a certainty.However,last Friday night 3 signings played despite,in all probablilty, not training with the rest of the squad and one of those players had one of the worst debuts he could have posssibly played. Alongside those players were a group who had endured the worst possible 6 months and a disastrous Christmas/New Year.That,and playing in front of the new owner and an expectant crowd was always going to be a huge ask.
Will the pressure of a new coach and performing in front of the home crowd impact on the French club?
Will the opportunity for the Salford players to bond on the trip and play without any burden of expectancy release SCR to perform at their expansive,carefree,best ?
Huge test,and then playing Leeds a week before the World Club Championship at Headingley may mean the SCR season starts with their next home game.

Home win.

#10 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Cats by 40+.

#11 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Catalan by 30.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#12 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Julian Bousquet - red card
HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

C'mon Salford. Give the French a pasting!

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Finished 40-6.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

ouch! 40-6 to Catalan, and Catalan playing with 12 men for 77 mins not good for salford :(

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Blimey, how many men would they have had to have sent off to make it a contest?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#17 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Julian Bousquet - red card

A Bousquet case at Red Hall then?

Can we expect extended highlights of Catalan games on Sky this year? French telly coverage of all their games ain't there?
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

I think it's going to be a long season for Salford fans. I hope they have lots of loyalty to give. But at least Salford managed to score this time.

I got the impression from reports after their game against Wigan last week that it isn't for lack of trying. They just don't have halfbacks or forwards capable of competing at this level and so are at a disadvantage straight away. Hopefully they will be in a position to fix that so that as the season progresses they can pick up a win here and there.

#19 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

It's not all bad. I predicted that score on the Barrow Raiders tipping contest AND made it my joker and so got double points as well. Happy days!

That said, Salford will come good and I shall be made up when they do.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#20 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Apparently the gate was only 6872. I know that Salford aren't the biggest draw in the world, but I thought it'd be better than that - 8158 last year.