League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

09/02/13 - Catalan Dragons v Salford City Reds - KO 6pm (CET)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fcl

fcl
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

3 reasons : Very cold yesterday, french national RU team was playing, no suspense against Salford.
www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

#22 MikeTommo

MikeTommo
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Young Fages was taken out in the incident that led to the red card and went to hospital. We were apparently playing with Owen (a young hooker) and McGoldrick who's been at the club around 2 weeks in the halves after that. With the pace and power Cats have it was never going to be an easy task. Still, with 12 men you would have hoped we could have made more of a game of it. Shows the task in front of us this season.

According to koukash, were still looking for recruitments for this year. We desperately need some forwards but at this stage finding any quality will be extremely difficult. More lashing's like this will be coming along but we need to keep the faith with the promise of better things to come.

#23 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Definitely a "keep the faith" season for Salford you feel, even more than the Bulls last year.

I hope their fans and new owner have the staying power (no doubt you'll beat the Giants around Easter like you do every bloody season)

#24 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

The problem is that i sense the locals are getting bored with it,i must admit i didnt go last night having just arrived back from Moscow in the morning Salford just didnt float my boat.The dragons have come as far as they can within the current SL and really do need Toulouse in + a more competitive SL to get the fans interested again 6872 would also have included season tickets issued to sponsors many of whom dont bother to turn up so my guess is the crowd may have actually been lower.CM

time to dump the French and get more traditional clubs in the league? I think they may also need to re-evaluate their budget!! Only joking don't think many clubs will be filling their grounds with the arrival of Salford at the moment and that includes themselves after last weeks poor crowd. But things may turn around with investment!!

#25 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's a Canetman post, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, just like the litter tray with it

#26 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Always going to be tough even with full strength quad. Taking out the only recognised half back didn't help. Hope he receives more protection next game.

This season is going to be tough for Salford but after the off season I don't care.

#27 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Always going to be tough even with full strength quad. Taking out the only recognised half back didn't help. Hope he receives more protection next game.

This season is going to be tough for Salford but after the off season I don't care.

Sean Long raging about this on twitter - asking for a 16wk ban.
Calling it assault - I suppose hed know.

#28 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Says it was so late the receiving player had caught the ball before Fages hit,

#29 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

IDIOT

Yes, Ant would have been much more concise if he'd described you thus.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#30 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Anyone listening to the Radio Manc phone-in? I think, by the end, we'll have had someone calling for Bousquet to be lynched! We've had more Salford fans on with a view on the incident than attend some home games.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#31 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Shirley, who was just on, was the person Theo lived with when he first arrived as a 16 year old. No wonder she was upset. Other than her and Long, I've not heard the others.

#32 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Shirley, who was just on, was the person Theo lived with when he first arrived as a 16 year old. No wonder she was upset. Other than her and Long, I've not heard the others.

Not having a go, RW, I quite like a bit of passion.

#33 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Not having a go, RW, I quite like a bit of passion.

Didn't take it as such, just hope the fans continue to support the team. It will be a long tough season but we are still here

#34 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

From reports a dog shot seems this young prop is the new ferriol a thug.

#35 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I attended the match but didn't see the incident. Bousquet is a really big young forward. Any shoulder charge on Fages from a player his size would always I think be high. I'm not a fan of it. Bousquets played a couple of seasons in the French league with Lezignan as a teenager. I cannot remember him ever been sin bined never mind being sent off. I like to think it was a clumpsy but dangerous challenge that he will learn from.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users