Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

09/02/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Hull KR - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. Hull KR (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Draw (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hull kr wiv out Dobson wouldn't have a clue very bad side

#42 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I enjoyed the game but would like someone to explain what the commentary team were saying regarding Lincoln Withers' injury? Did I hear them relay a spokesman's thoughts that Withers might not actually have suffered concussion? If so, I'm baffled. I thought I saw the player knocked unconscious.. if so, does that not constitute "concussion?" And if it doesn't, what precisely does it take for a rugby league player to suffer concussion? I dread the thought that players are encouraged to return to the field of play before the proper mandatory period...

The other thing I didn't like was Dobson flailing his arms about, shaking his head in apparent bewilderment and questioning just about every decision the referee made. He's a good player, but I hope he cuts out these shows of dissent. It doesn't suit him.

#43 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Agree I personally would love Dobson in hull fc side

#44 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I enjoyed the game but would like someone to explain what the commentary team were saying regarding Lincoln Withers' injury? Did I hear them relay a spokesman's thoughts that Withers might not actually have suffered concussion? If so, I'm baffled. I thought I saw the player knocked unconscious.. if so, does that not constitute "concussion?" And if it doesn't, what precisely does it take for a rugby league player to suffer concussion?

Concussion is a condition in itself. You don't automatically get concussion when you are knocked out. You can tell when someone has concussion because they generally talk a load of rubbish and act very strangely.

#45 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

You can tell when someone has concussion because they generally talk a load of rubbish and act very strangely.

Eddie and Stevo suffer from concussion then?

#46 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Concussion is a condition in itself. You don't automatically get concussion when you are knocked out. You can tell when someone has concussion because they generally talk a load of rubbish and act very strangely.

Does that explain the nonsense spouted on here at times? :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#47 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

You cross 'em, everyone else will happily bang 'em in.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#48 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

That would explain a lot!

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

This new thing with Sky showing the squads in their normal clothes looks really bad! They could at least have a club top on!

I agree, although Dale Ferguson and anyone else on a short term loan would have to do multiple shots, I wonder what they'd have shown if he'd scored.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

The other thing I didn't like was Dobson flailing his arms about, shaking his head in apparent bewilderment and questioning just about every decision the referee made. He's a good player, but I hope he cuts out these shows of dissent. It doesn't suit him.

He's after Briers' gig when he retires.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

God knows what Rovers would do without Dobson.What a player he is.

#52 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

according to Stevo Wigan went through coaches yesterday - John wane, jean wane and finally Shaun wane. I assumed they were brothers.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#53 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

9000+ there apparently.

Wakey have sold 4500 season tickets at £125 for adults= fantastic value for money. Lets say HKR brought 2000 fans which is on the high side. That means nearly 3000 locals are walking up to the ground for a game that's televised and paying £20 to get in when they could have a season ticket for £125. Amazing

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 10 February 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#54 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

the main injury to Withers was the cut to the head, caused by the accidental boot to the head as he went down - hopefully a speedy recovery. Probably a head guard wearer for a bit

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#55 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

I was at the game. I reckon the seats were two thirds capacity and so was the rest of the ground. I've no idea whether that means 9000. Rovers yet again concede 30 points. Until that defence is fixed they will continue to lose. Having said that I thought the Mika leading with the head and the obstruction in the second half both might not have been given by different officials on a different day.

#56 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I agree, although Dale Ferguson and anyone else on a short term loan would have to do multiple shots, I wonder what they'd have shown if he'd scored.

But they do already take shots of them in club shirts for the try VT. I'm sure they'll be some random explanation!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#57 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

I enjoyed that. Paterson's footwork and power for his try were phenomenal. Smith remains a curate's egg, but can find the pass. Nice to see so many "flawed" (without being critical) players going well at Trinity. Maybe Agar isn't too shabby a coach after all.

#58 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

the main injury to Withers was the cut to the head, caused by the accidental boot to the head as he went down - hopefully a speedy recovery. Probably a head guard wearer for a bit

Have you seen the picture of the sutured cut circulating on Twitter? It's enormous. (The cut that is, not the picture)

#59 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Have you seen the picture of the sutured cut circulating on Twitter? It's enormous. (The cut that is, not the picture)

Link?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#60 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I've always thought a lot of Ben cockayne.

Cornflakes went all over then!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users