Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/02/13 - Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Leeds Rhinos (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Just read the match report, sounds like my favourite english man, Mr Chase will be up before the beak on Monday.

Still a dirty little get I see

what does the report say - Very inconclusive from waht I could see and there was no retaliation or anything from the Leeds players. Just interested to hear what it said.

Cracking come from behind win for you lot today
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#82 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Sounded like a good game with a great atmosphere on radio Leeds. Well done Cas.

#83 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yep well done Cas not bad for a team who were wrote off before the season starts. Very positive result for SL its what we want isn't it big teams like Leeds getting turned over by Cas, having unpredictable results week on week would be a breath of fresh air for the competition.

#84 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Looks like Rangi could be in trouble if Zak Hardakers tweet is anything to go by.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#85 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Looks like Rangi could be in trouble if Zak Hardakers tweet is anything to go by.

It was an awful challenge and had hints of Tangi Ropati all over again! I couldnt believe none of the officials saw it, and even the players reaction was muted.

From where I was this is what happened: Cas had the ball, Chase kicked through and ran straight in to JJB who did not move from his original position, Chase hit the deck, lost his bottle at not getting a penalty, got straight up and steamed across as fast as he could and jumped up leading with the elbow into Zak Hardakers face.

From the tweets and footage ive seen since it seems to back up what I thought I saw at the time. He could be in very big trouble following on from last years incident.

#86 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I honestly don;t know how you can make out tht he hit him with his elbow. I'm not saying that's not what happened but from Superleague Full time there is no way you caould make that out.

have you seen different footage?

If it WAS an elbow then he's looking at a long ban
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#87 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I honestly don;t know how you can make out tht he hit him with his elbow. I'm not saying that's not what happened but from Superleague Full time there is no way you caould make that out.

have you seen different footage?

If it WAS an elbow then he's looking at a long ban

My main point of reference on this is purely what I saw at the time, i happened to be specifically watching Chase after he hit the deck because he looked angry at not getting anything and actually immediately said to my mate "Watch Rangi, he's lost it". So rather than watching the play I was watching him for the 4 or 5 seconds leading up to the hit.

From the angle I saw it, it appeared to be an elbow in the face, I'd agree that on SL Full time its difficult to tell. His elbow did end up in the air after the challenge too. This could be because thats what he used, or it could be a shoulder charge that ended with his arms up there. But from what i saw it looked very bad and contact was made with the head.

#88 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

My main point of reference on this is purely what I saw at the time, i happened to be specifically watching Chase after he hit the deck because he looked angry at not getting anything and actually immediately said to my mate "Watch Rangi, he's lost it". So rather than watching the play I was watching him for the 4 or 5 seconds leading up to the hit.

From the angle I saw it, it appeared to be an elbow in the face, I'd agree that on SL Full time its difficult to tell. His elbow did end up in the air after the challenge too. This could be because thats what he used, or it could be a shoulder charge that ended with his arms up there. But from what i saw it looked very bad and contact was made with the head.

Fair enough - thanks for your reply.

Posted Image

#89 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Fair enough - thanks for your reply.

Congrats on the win by the way, really tough brutal game in the conditions. You were the better team yesterday and looking at the squad, if you can avoid too many injuries then you should have a good season!

#90 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Congrats Cas!

#91 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Congrats on the win by the way, really tough brutal game in the conditions. You were the better team yesterday and looking at the squad, if you can avoid too many injuries then you should have a good season!

Very good of you - I said on Twitter that I'm sure the conditions were a leveller but after last season it's just what the club needed.

Peacock, McGuire and Burrow all very very gracious in defeat via Twitter

Posted Image

#92 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

what does the report say - Very inconclusive from waht I could see and there was no retaliation or anything from the Leeds players. Just interested to hear what it said.

Cracking come from behind win for you lot today

We were very lucky yesterday and didn't deserve it.

Report had a Leeds bias, but having seen a picture that Zak tweeted, looks like Tangi all over again.

Edited by Ponterover, 11 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#93 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thanks

And me ;)
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#94 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

From where I was this is what happened: Cas had the ball, Chase kicked through and ran straight in to JJB who did not move from his original position, Chase hit the deck, lost his bottle at not getting a penalty, got straight up and steamed across as fast as he could and jumped up leading with the elbow into Zak Hardakers face.

Hahaha this is classic rhinos, it seems all the refs n all the Leeds players (from there reaction) all must of seen the incident as legal.

This is getting blown out of proportion again n im sure hetherington will be on to his mates at the RFL and no dowt they will do as he asks n ban chase.
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA

#95 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hahaha this is classic rhinos, it seems all the refs n all the Leeds players (from there reaction) all must of seen the incident as legal.

This is getting blown out of proportion again n im sure hetherington will be on to his mates at the RFL and no dowt they will do as he asks n ban chase.

if the ref and Leeds players have seen the incident as legal,what are you going on about.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 11 February 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#96 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Rangi charged by the RFL.
http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?4138

#97 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

if the ref and Leeds players have seen the incident as legal,what are you going on about.

Haha, thats what I was thinking! What a bizarre comment!

I dont think anything has been blown out of proportion, it seems Rangi has now been charged by the RFL implying that in fact there may have been something in the incident. From my position behind the sticks it looked like it was a high shot, and a potentially bad one at that. That was my opinion at the time and ive seen nothing to change that since.

#98 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

My point been that all the refs n players all fought it was a fair challenge (legal) but the Leeds fans all think it was an illegal challenge, biased maybe?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA

#99 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

My point been that all the refs n players all fought it was a fair challenge (legal) but the Leeds fans all think it was an illegal challenge, biased maybe?

Zak Hardaker didn't and neither did the disciplinary committee. Are you biased because you think there was nothing in the challenge?

#100 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Possibly, iv posted a picture of point of impact to zak hardakers twitter decide for yourself from that picture not from the previous one someone posted after impact.

Ps if someone is better on computers than me can you please post my picture on here as I cant manage it
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users