Photo
- - - - -

10/02/13 - Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Leeds Rhinos (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

My point been that all the refs n players all fought it was a fair challenge (legal) but the Leeds fans all think it was an illegal challenge, biased maybe?

All the refs and players fighting eh. The biff is back with a vengeance!

LUNEW.jpg

#102 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

All the refs and players fighting eh. The biff is back with a vengeance!

damn I thought id got away with it ;)
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#103 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ps if someone is better on computers than me can you please post my picture on here as I cant manage it

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#104 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Running in and a miss timed tackle - international team mate on mate!!

Sorry but rangi is nothing but a thug, I hope the RFL ban him for a long time.

No one in the right mind can defend him, I'm glad Zak is ok, rangi is a joke.......AGAIN!!

. His hot head is really going to get someone hurt...... I mean really hurt.

If this was a wire player I'd be saying the same thing, no place in our game with these poorly timed and dirty attempts of tackling.

Example of my thoughts on a wire was Westwood on a Catalan player 5/6 years ago.

#105 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

from that angle it looks like he hits him fairly with his left shoulder, then his right arm flies up after the impact......perhaps why everyone things it's an elbow but no contact appears to be made with that arm

#106 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Very good player is Chase, the slippery ###### does like to play the hard bloke then get back to his proper position at 5/8 to hide behind his pack. I'm not judging him purely on this incident, but he constantly plays dirty tricks in the tackle and in the ruck. Having played back row myself, i'm well aware of sly digs and tricks in the ruck, and I wasn't whiter than white. But my point is that if you can't handle the roughness don't pretend you're a rough old style front rower.

I must say though, and I know there is a thread on this subject that I'm not too displeased there have been a few examples of old style biff and that gubbins this week (minus the Bousquet example of course). Do the RL public think an old style enforcer in each team would be welcome back?

One more thing....He's been charged for a reckless challenge...the bloke ran around 20 mtrs to put in an effort which clearly had INTENT...Now, reckless? does that not suggest it was, say a wee bit ill timed for example???? As I saw it from my vantage point, it was clearly an effort of retribution, but a clean shoulder shot, but having seen it again it looks much worse. Apart from the fact that he seemed to have been playing like a mardy kid who'd had his lolly taken off him in the second half, I'm not sure why he was so incenced. Looks to me, rather than being taken out looked like he ran straight at JJ Buchanan in the seconds leading up to it.

One match ban and let's forget about it and look forward to another great weeks action

Errors apart great game though and well done Cas.
Continuing to fly the RL flag and introduce more and more folk to the greatest game in North Lincs
Posted Image

#107 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Very good player is Chase, the slippery ###### does like to play the hard bloke then get back to his proper position at 5/8 to hide behind his pack. I'm not judging him purely on this incident, but he constantly plays dirty tricks in the tackle and in the ruck. Having played back row myself, i'm well aware of sly digs and tricks in the ruck, and I wasn't whiter than white. But my point is that if you can't handle the roughness don't pretend you're a rough old style front rower.

I must say though, and I know there is a thread on this subject that I'm not too displeased there have been a few examples of old style biff and that gubbins this week (minus the Bousquet example of course). Do the RL public think an old style enforcer in each team would be welcome back?

One more thing....He's been charged for a reckless challenge...the bloke ran around 20 mtrs to put in an effort which clearly had INTENT...Now, reckless? does that not suggest it was, say a wee bit ill timed for example???? As I saw it from my vantage point, it was clearly an effort of retribution, but a clean shoulder shot, but having seen it again it looks much worse. Apart from the fact that he seemed to have been playing like a mardy kid who'd had his lolly taken off him in the second half, I'm not sure why he was so incenced. Looks to me, rather than being taken out looked like he ran straight at JJ Buchanan in the seconds leading up to it.

One match ban and let's forget about it and look forward to another great weeks action

Errors apart great game though and well done Cas.

Agreed, although after the first line all I could think of was Ryan Bailey.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#108 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#109 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Running in and a miss timed tackle - international team mate on mate!!

Sorry but rangi is nothing but a thug, I hope the RFL ban him for a long time.

No one in the right mind can defend him, I'm glad Zak is ok, rangi is a joke.......AGAIN!!

. His hot head is really going to get someone hurt...... I mean really hurt.

If this was a wire player I'd be saying the same thing, no place in our game with these poorly timed and dirty attempts of tackling.

Example of my thoughts on a wire was Westwood on a Catalan player 5/6 years ago.

you said it was mistimed and then call him a thug - which is it?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#110 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

you said it was mistimed and then call him a thug - which is it?

They're not mutually exclusive
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#111 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Agreed, although after the first line all I could think of was Ryan Bailey.

Haha good point well put, last season he did seem to go missing when it got tough less than previous years but yes agreed he's no Barrie mac or even that yob skerret

Edited by GezH, 12 February 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Continuing to fly the RL flag and introduce more and more folk to the greatest game in North Lincs
Posted Image

#112 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

They're not mutually exclusive

agreed - but the first line of his post seems to say that he ran in and miss timed a tackle on an international team mate. Making him a thug.

If Rangi stirred a cup of tea too vigorously he'd be branded a thug by most
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#113 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Looks like Leeds had to put so much effort in to beat Hull the previous weekend they had nothing left against Cas.

Understandable.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#114 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Can someone answer me a simple question, has it always been illegal to make contact with the head of an opponent?

Nick Fozzard on twitter has said that it used to be legal to make contact with the shoulder on an opponents head. Sean Long appears to agree saying "Its that new rule where contact with the head is now illegal!"

Am I going insane?!

#115 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Can someone answer me a simple question, has it always been illegal to make contact with the head of an opponent?

Nick Fozzard on twitter has said that it used to be legal to make contact with the shoulder on an opponents head. Sean Long appears to agree saying "Its that new rule where contact with the head is now illegal!"

Am I going insane?!

ive never been aware of this being allowed. Players and past players arent always great with rules or their memories tbh.

#116 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

errmm, it's Fozzard and Longy.....nuff said

#117 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

errmm, it's Fozzard and Longy.....nuff said

Thought that myself! But having started to question my own sanity thought I best check i hadnt completely missed a fairly important rule in the game!

He's not replying to me now. Just irked me that he was saying that a shoulder to the head in a tackle used to be legal!

#118 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Can someone post the picture that was in the paper today that shows zak falling into the tackle, rangis feet on the floor and rangis elbow nowhere near zaks chin as zak said on twitter. The picture is taken from behind rangi n is the best view iv seen so far.

Im told still photos cant be used by the panel only video if thats right they only have the one side view video to go off.
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#119 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just heard Rangi got 2 match ban and £300 fine
Posted Image

#120 rhino1984

rhino1984
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

The picture is on twitter. It shows contact with the head, wouldnt say he's fallen into it. The picture isnt at exact time of impact.
Fozzard basically said Rangi did nothing wrong because zak and other players should learn to run upright so i asked him ,in that case once a players head drops below shoulder height should it become open season, to which he replied yep.

It was a bad tackle, Zak had already been partly tackled and no doubt about it rangi made contact with his head. If players are going to go into tackles looking for the big hit and ultra aggressive then they have to take the consequences when they get it wrong.
Look what he did to that fev player last year!
Nothing wrong with that type of tackle if you get it right but if you get it wrong you are potentially hospitalising somebody.
2 games is probably about right but if he does it again i would give him a much sterner sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users