Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huddersfield Giants v London Broncos - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

2. London Broncos (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Huddersfield, by 14.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

if london are without gower, then they are pretty devoid of attacking ideas..............giants by 20
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#4 Tricky1976

Tricky1976
  • Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Giants by at least 30, London lucky to get 0

#5 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

if you base this on the two team's performances last week then this will be a cricket score......hopefully though London will come out swinging in this one and give Hudds a game

#6 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Huddersfield to run away with it in the first half and then ease up in the second. Tony Rea to meet the press with more management-speak mumbo-jumbo.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

London to edge it slightly in the stand 3-2.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Giants by 24
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#9 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

If Gower plays, Hudd by 12, if he doesn't Hudd by 24+.

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

London to edge it slightly in the stand 3-2.

What? 3 London fans, 2 Hudds?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

From what I heard on the radio, London weren't too bad last week, apart from dropping the ball every time they got over the line. However, I expect Hudds to have a stronger defensive line than Widnes, and London will be lucky to score.

Can't see past a Giants win, unfortunately
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

What? 3 London fans, 2 Hudds?

Exactly.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hudds to win by 15+

#14 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

My head says Huddersfield by 40+ points, my heart says Huddersfield by 10 points. Basically the Broncos have no chance at all and it depresses me

#15 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,875 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

From what I heard on the radio, London weren't too bad last week, apart from dropping the ball every time they got over the line. However, I expect Hudds to have a stronger defensive line than Widnes, and London will be lucky to score.

Can't see past a Giants win, unfortunately

Quite; that Huddersfield pack will be a threat to most teams this year, if they all stay fit.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

London squad: Chris Bailey, Mark Bryant, Michael Channing, Liam Colbon, Keiran Dixon, Luke Dorn, Shane Grady, Alex Hurst, Antonio Kaufusi, Olsi Krasniqi, Tommy Lee, Will Lovell, Mike McMeeken, Chris Melling, Jamie O'Callaghan, Chad Randall, Shane Rodney, Scott Wheeldon, Michael Witt.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, Luke O'Donnell, David Faiumu, Larne Patrick, Jason Chan, Ukuma Ta'ai, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Stuart Fielden.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,875 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ukuma Ta'ai straight into the squad, eh? Should be interesting to see how he goes.

You can tell what position their coach used to play, can't you? Not so much Rugby League, more Rug-Baloo!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#19 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Huddersfield by 36.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#20 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Tony Rea is big on positives so here's a few
  • The consensus amongst most -including myself- was that the Broncos would beat Widnes last week - now the reverse is true. There is no pressure of expectation on the Broncos this week.
  • The lack of Craig Gower and Michael Robertson gives a chance for others to step up.
  • London's pack surely cannot be worse than last week Kaufusi, Bryant and in particular Shane Rodney need to hit their straps.
  • Huddersfield werre exceptional last week - Can they back this up or will they subconsciously be coasting as the overwhelming favourites.
  • Luke O'Donnell has missed out on the opportunity to play for the mighty Roosters as Hudds are not willing to let go. Double Bay or Deighton- boy that's a downer being in the pack as opposed to packing up..
  • Huddersfield have looked the best team in the comp against the Bronquins when I have seen them recently live and on SKY. I will not be watching this one so there's no need for the Hudds players to try to impress...
  • I am sure Sniffer will be quietly confident pre-game and let the lads know it time to "aim up" Broncos.
Stay positive and a shock could be in store here.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014