Aussie Sport.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just read article on the BBC news website. It seems that after a twelve month investigation the whole of Aussie sport could be rife with drug taking. The Australian RL are assisting with enquiries and perhaps we now know why we can't catch up to them.

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just read article on the BBC news website. It seems that after a twelve month investigation the whole of Aussie sport could be rife with drug taking. The Australian RL are assisting with enquiries and perhaps we now know why we can't catch up to them.

BBC website link below
htt
p://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21363100

I wondered why the Aussies under performed at the London Olympics last year. Maybe it was because the anti doping set up was so effective. Who knows where this could lead to regarding RL down under. Watch this space!

#3 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I have always had my suspiscions in regards to aussie sport as they seem to be bigger and stronger than us, we need to ensure rl in this country is clean by improving drug testing and to do retrospective drug testing on samples as and when technology improves, and ban forever anyone caught using performance enhancing drugs/blood doping peptides epo steroids etc. And work alongside the betting industry to root out any dubious results/betting patterns.

Edited by juliancaine, 07 February 2013 - 05:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users