Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

rugby league themed beer mats

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

a little off topic i know but i got an email from a chap in moscow, asking if i could get him some rugby league themed beer mats, apparently he is a beer mat collector who also loves rugby league and wants to get as many as possible twinning the two.............anyone who can help please pm me and i will give you his address...........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Don't think I've seen one of those in this country since Slalom lager was involved, now we have a couple of drinks companies as sponsors maybe we should be asking them to do them and get them into pubs
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

a little off topic i know but i got an email from a chap in moscow, asking if i could get him some rugby league themed beer mats, apparently he is a beer mat collector who also loves rugby league and wants to get as many as possible twinning the two.............anyone who can help please pm me and i will give you his address...........

We want no talk of twinning, thank you. <_< :angry:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Read an article on beer mats a couple of years ago. Apparently most are made in Germany and the market has crashed - no one puts them out anymore and saves a lot of money.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,127 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Full colour printing on heavy card isn't particularly cheap.

Wigan brought some out a few years ago, I think.

And there was these.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Im sure Tetley's did some when they sponsored SL. I think they had quiz questions on the back. And maybe Stones Bitter too, but that was a long time (and many pints) ago

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#7 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Im sure Tetley's did some when they sponsored SL. I think they had quiz questions on the back. And maybe Stones Bitter too,

You wave that Willy around lad :lol:

#8 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

You wave that Willy around lad :lol:

Banter! Hilarious.

Do I play your role now, and get all condenscending and adopt the 'moral' high ground whilst acting all offended? :D

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

got one from orrell stjames club, advertising a link up between wigan warriors and the local trust in a get fit campaign...surely there is more how about saints gold?
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#10 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

i have a box full of old aussie leagues clubs beer mats from all sorts of strange clubs as well as the nrl clubs
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#11 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

There were a load in Wakey last season with our fixtures on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users