Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRC final moving to Halifax

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

According to some reports it's been agreed today that it will be played at the shay!!!

#2 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

According to some reports it's been agreed today that it will be played at the shay!!!

Well if nowt else, it will mean a nice easy journey for me if we make the final. Silver lining and all that. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#3 ChrisRover

ChrisRover
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Should be at a non championship teams ground I reckon!

#4 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

It'll look daft if Fax make the final. Im sure there's a way that possible scenario could have been avoided.

A Fev Blog

#5 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

It'll look daft if Fax make the final. Im sure there's a way that possible scenario could have been avoided.

If it is true rather than rumour, the simplest way would be to have another ground as plan b in case Fax do make the final.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,042 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Be reight. Some crackin boozers in fax.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

If it is true rather than rumour, the simplest way would be to have another ground as plan b in case Fax do make the final.

Have read elsewhere that The Shay and LSV were being considered. Guess that would mean a Leigh/Halifax final having to be played over 2 legs :rolleyes:

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

The problem is them 2 grounds are the best grounds in the champ at this moment in time. I'm all for keeping the final at a champ ground but like les as said what happens if its a fax and Leigh final? Will they draw the 2 teams out of an hat and which ever one comes out first gets to host the final? Or they could make them play each other in the semi 😄😄😄

Edited by thundergaz, 07 February 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#9 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Have read elsewhere that The Shay and LSV were being considered. Guess that would mean a Leigh/Halifax final having to be played over 2 legs :rolleyes:

Well, you lot, Sheffield and Batley know you can win anytime at LSV, and we're always happy to play at the Shay!!

#10 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Finals are meant to be played at neutral venues, and are special by virtue of being played at a stadium where the clubs don't usually play. A poor decision in my opinion, especially so if Fax get to the Final.

#11 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

The problem is them 2 grounds are the best grounds in the champ at this moment in time. I'm all for keeping the final at a champ ground but like les as said what happens if its a fax and Leigh final? Will they draw the 2 teams out of an hat and which ever one comes out first gets to host the final? Or they could make them play each other in the semi

think you will find doncaster has quite a good ground
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

think you will find doncaster has quite a good ground

Yeah sorry your right I keep forgeting the newly promoted teams.

#13 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

The only good thing about the rail cup was the final being in Blackpool, now for me its a waste of time

#14 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

The only good thing about the rail cup was the final being in Blackpool, now for me its a waste of time

I agree, a final at the Shay will just feel like a regular season match. Personally if the final has to be moved, I would rather it be played at Headingley (a neutral venue).

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#15 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

It seems that most Championship supporters wanted the NRC Final to remain at Blackpool, and as always those in charge aren't listening.

If its at Fax, it will be just like a regular season match.

Edited by Monkeymagic22, 07 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#16 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

It should stay at Blackpool be on a Saturday and no other matches played that day

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

appalling decision keep it at Blackpool or what about the Reebok

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#18 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

appalling decision keep it at Blackpool or what about the Reebok

There's no sea at Bolton :-((((((
Im Fev and im proud

#19 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

TBH I wasn't a big fan of Blackpool........ but the Shay? What can I say about the Shay? I'd sooner it be on the Carr Bridge field at Ackworth!

Who came up with that?

#20 Wormy

Wormy
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Laughable Decision as usual...but come on surely we are not surprised ? if True.... it's always been the RFL's way contentious,ill thought out, stupid nonsense decisions have now been their speciality for a long time..The real sad joke is that they continually find new and inovative ways to P**s the any genuine regular Rugby League Supporter Off.