Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRC final moving to Halifax

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

This lot at Red Hall must run out of daft ideas before much longer

#22 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

This lot at Red Hall must run out of daft ideas before much longer

It came from the meeting of champs clubs rather than than the RFL, didn't it? If general chatter is to be believed the clubs were sick of Blackpool FC being the only ones to make any money out of the final and wanted a venue that was cheaper to hire.

#23 ProBono

ProBono
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

So now Calderdale Council will be the only ones to make any money out of the final.

#24 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

So now Calderdale Council will be the only ones to make any money out of the final.

As I understand, the Shay was one of a number of options discussed at the meeting. A decision is to be made on the NRC Final venue & the Championships Finals day by the clubs over the next few weeks.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#25 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

well, I guess that will depend on how the cost of hiring the Shay compares to the cost hiring Bloomfield Road and the affect, if any, on the attendance. If indeed Halifax is the venue ultimately chosen.

#26 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

As I understand, the Shay was one of a number of options discussed at the meeting. A decision is to be made on the NRC Final venue & the Championships Finals day by the clubs over the next few weeks.

you understand correctly gazza
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#27 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

well, I guess that will depend on how the cost of hiring the Shay compares to the cost hiring Bloomfield Road and the affect, if any, on the attendance. If indeed Halifax is the venue ultimately chosen.

The cost of Bloomfield road was becoming preclusive.

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

you understand correctly gazza

Any idea which other venues are being considered then Mr Evans?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#29 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

LSV & The Shay

#30 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

LSV & The Shay

How will that work though robin if both get to the final? Draw straws? πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

#31 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

How will that work though robin if both get to the final? Draw straws? ν ½νΈ„ν ½νΈ„ν ½νΈ„

As I said earlier, it'll be a 2 legger.........

#32 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Well as the NRC Final has been in the major west coast seaside resort for several years, perhaps it's time to move it to the major east coast resort: Scarborough. But then Scarborough's stadium is no longer there, as we have most of it. Featherstone Rovers are proud to host the 2013 NRC Final it is then. :D

Please view my photos.

#33 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sure the RFL can stump the money up to play at Blackpool How much does it cost them for the day

#34 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

TBH I wasn't a big fan of Blackpool........ but the Shay? What can I say about the Shay? I'd sooner it be on the Carr Bridge field at Ackworth!

Who came up with that?

Here here Dave. A better atmosphere

Edited by andyc, 08 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#35 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Another dumb decision. A final should be something unique and special. Having at my clubs ground or Leigh for me cheapens the day and event.

#36 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

It'll look daft if Fax make the final. Im sure there's a way that possible scenario could have been avoided.

Which ever Champs ground they select, there is always going to be the risk of the home team getting to the finals. No other local SL ground fit to host it apart from Huddersfield. Fed up of trapesing over"t Pennines, anyway.

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Which ever Champs ground they select, there is always going to be the risk of the home team getting to the finals. No other local SL ground fit to host it apart from Huddersfield. Fed up of trapesing over"t Pennines, anyway.

I agree bob I'm sick of going to Lancashire too for a final. Especially when their is only Leigh from Lancashire who as a realistic chance of getting to the final. And there is 4 Yorkshire clubs who are realistic contenders. But I think headingley would of been perfect. Even though I don't like hetherington πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

#38 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Headingley, Huddesfield, Doncaster (much less chance of the final), Hull FC. All reasonable RL grounds in Yorkshire for the final.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#39 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Finals are meant to be played at neutral venues, and are special by virtue of being played at a stadium where the clubs don't usually play. A poor decision in my opinion, especially so if Fax get to the Final.

Steve, it doesn't always work out like that. In 1976 I'm sure we played Leeds in the YC Final at Headingley. In the same year Anderlect played West Ham United in the one legged ECWC final at Heysel stadium, their home ground and more recently Liverpool played Roma in the Stadio Olympico in 84.

#40 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

you can't have 2 legs one year and not the next
if fax or leigh get there then so be it
the champions league final is quite often played at club grounds ie munich v chelsea last year

Edited by sgt pepper, 09 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users