NRC final moving to Halifax

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

I thought of Blundell Park where Grimsby play in Cleethorpes as an East coast venue but currently it only has a 10k capacity so not big enough for a final but maybe we could play a league game there to spread the word or a pre season friendly ,

Cleethorpes is a fantastic night out , all there is there is pubs, takeaways and B&Bs

The only reason Blackpool is off the agenda is cost due to the RFL spending all their money on Bulls , Broncos and other teams that have FAILED, hardly fair on the Championship sides to lose thier Finals day.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#42 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Steve, it doesn't always work out like that. In 1976 I'm sure we played Leeds in the YC Final at Headingley.

If I remember right, Esso pretty much insisted the final was at Headingley on the basis that there wasn't one other decent ground in the county.

Looking back, we've come a long way in terms of ground facilities.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#43 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Which ever Champs ground they select, there is always going to be the risk of the home team getting to the finals. No other local SL ground fit to host it apart from Huddersfield. Fed up of trapesing over"t Pennines, anyway.

Headingley is good enough to host the world Club Championship!

#44 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

If it's played at the Shay and Fax get there, it's likely their fans will be treated like the home team, away supporters will be segragated and not allowed in the bar to get the decent beer. Last year in the NRC we were shoved in the Skircoat Stand and had to pay premium prices for beer out of cans served from a table. Finalists would need to be treated better than that!
Another issue is that Fev are probable favourites to reach the final, yet there is still bad feelings from Halifax toward their fans.

#45 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Why not Spotland Rochdale central location and the RFL have shares in the ground three sides are seated with the forth terraced and a 10500 capacity finals have been played there before to
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#46 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Is the final at the Shay this season?

#47 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

If it's played at the Shay and Fax get there, it's likely their fans will be treated like the home team, away supporters will be segragated and not allowed in the bar to get the decent beer. Last year in the NRC we were shoved in the Skircoat Stand and had to pay premium prices for beer out of cans served from a table. Finalists would need to be treated better than that!
Another issue is that Fev are probable favourites to reach the final, yet there is still bad feelings from Halifax toward their fans.

The price of beer is expensive at the Shay no matter which stand you are in. The council have a contract with an outside catering company who also are at Leighs place. Most Fax fans drink elsewhere that I know of. Having said that getting canned beer from a table is not on. Not all Fax fans have bad feelings towards Fev and I do feel things are way better now than say 12-18 months ago. You always get a couple of muppets who wont let things go and move on.

#48 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I thought of Blundell Park where Grimsby play in Cleethorpes as an East coast venue but currently it only has a 10k capacity so not big enough for a final but maybe we could play a league game there to spread the word or a pre season friendly ,

Cleethorpes is a fantastic night out , all there is there is pubs, takeaways and B&Bs

The only reason Blackpool is off the agenda is cost due to the RFL spending all their money on Bulls , Broncos and other teams that have FAILED, hardly fair on the Championship sides to lose thier Finals day.

10000 would be more than adequate. The highest attendance has been 9400 in 2005 (1st at Blackpool). Last 3 years have seen attendances of 8138 (2010), 8820 (2011) and 6691 (2011).

#49 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

10000 would be more than adequate. The highest attendance has been 9400 in 2005 (1st at Blackpool). Last 3 years have seen attendances of 8138 (2010), 8820 (2011) and 6691 (2011).

Batley , widnes. 2010 got 8,138

Was it Leigh, fax in 2011 with 8820

So who is the lower attendance of 6691 then

#50 Nigel Fax

Nigel Fax
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't believe the final should be a the shay. I also think the final should be a few weeks earlier. The final last year was on the first weekend of the summer holidays and a lot of fans had already booked ther hols.

#51 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 649 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Batley , widnes. 2010 got 8,138

Was it Leigh, fax in 2011 with 8820

So who is the lower attendance of 6691 then

Come on Bob, I know you can fish better than that :)
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#52 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

The final as been confirmed that it will be played at the shay. Also if fax make the final it will still be played at the shay.

#53 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Grand Final is at the LSV as well apparently.

Obviously there won't be a problem in a team having home advantage in that one.

(Thought I'd get in there first!)

#54 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

As long as both finalists are treated equally and given the same standard of facilities i have no problem the final being at Halifax.

You would have thought it would be a neutral venue though....just to avoid any potential complaints over Halifax gaining an advantage should they get there.

Same goes for the GF if it's at Leigh.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#55 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

In theory fax could have 4 home games and lift the trophy. Also Leigh could have 2 or 3 home games and lift the trophy so both teams have a very good advantage from the off.Also a bigger incentive of making the final which will be played in front of their home crowd.

Edited by thundergaz, 13 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#56 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

It could only happen in our game what's up with Headingley at good day out and a neutral ground

#57 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

The game yet again has been made a total laughing stock in the sporting world

Finals have to be NEUTRAL venues

Are they totally stupid or just inept

How are they getting away with so many pathetic decisions. Would Wigan fans allow a final being played at Warrington against The Wire? no they would nt
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#58 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Let them have the finals the RFL know they have to sweeten them up cos when they tell them no to their SL applications they can turn round and say well we gave each of you the finals😉😄😄😄. Method in the RFLs madness? Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking😛

Edited by thundergaz, 13 February 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#59 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

The game yet again has been made a total laughing stock in the sporting world

Finals have to be NEUTRAL venues

Whilst I don't agree with the decision either, lets not over react here.

The game isn't a laughing stock in the sporting world, other than a few thousand rugby fans and a few thousand northern train commuters nobody knows this competition even exists.

Finals aren't necessarily always neutral venues either, take the UEFA Champions League Final, for example.

Other than that... I am OUTRAGED!!!!!! :)
Posted Image

#60 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

It could only happen in our game what's up with Headingley at good day out and a neutral ground

nah... happens in other sports too
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users